Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will Matrix be around for all releases?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Will Matrix be around for all releases? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will Matrix be around for all releases? - 3/20/2001 5:32:00 AM   
Coachace

Everything available here is free. How do these guys pay the electric bill? Don't get me wrong, I like getting great games for free, but I want the new games being worked on, too. GMT Games implimented a plan that allows potential customers the ability to vote on future game releases by giving their Credit Card number. GMT doesn't bill the customer until enough customers 'votes' are accumulated, at which time they start publishing. Though these games have physical pieces that require printing and shipping, the process allows the GMT Games business people a certain clout with their creditors. I'm not suggesting Matrix should start billing anything before their products are released, but it would give me more warm fuzzies that the products in their queue will be will be released. I want to see these games released and want to help ensure the company's health permits viable release schedules. I don't want to start a flamewar, I just want to voice my concern for the health of Matrix. -Coachace

Post #: 1
- 3/21/2001 9:18:00 AM   
Frank Donati

quote:

Originally posted by Coachace: Everything available here is free. How do these guys pay the electric bill? Don't get me wrong, I like getting great games for free, but I want the new games being worked on, too. I don't want to start a flamewar, I just want to voice my concern for the health of Matrix. -Coachace
Hi Coachace, First off, thanks for your concern about the health of Matrix. Rest assured that we're doing A-Ok right now. You are correct that our first few releases have been for free. One of the main reasons was because we got the code to these classic games on the condition that we don't profit from them. This we've managed to do very well :D Most of our future products though will be for sale and not available for free. We have several products going through the development, testing etc. pipe, the first of which - Mega Campaign for SPWAWv5.0- is already listed on our main page and for sale. Matrix is doing well and once our first few games come out we'll be doing even better and (fingers crossed) have a long and splendid life as a top notch developer and publisher of fine wargames. Frank

Frank Donati

(in reply to Coachace)
Post #: 2
- 3/22/2001 1:02:00 AM   
Coachace

Thanks for the reply, Frank. I realize I won't be fast enough to be first in line when your products go on sale, but I will be (am in) line. When your link to your available products offers something for sale (reportedly by the end of this month), I'll buy that something. I realize Mega Campaign for SPWAWv5.0 is listed on your main page, but it is not for sale yet. When it is, I'll probably get a couple of copies for myself and friends.
quote:

Matrix is doing well and once our first few games come out we'll be doing even better and (fingers crossed) have a long and splendid life as a top notch developer and publisher of fine war games.
Amen to that. I stopped by a local software shop yesterday and they had no wargames! I'll be looking to online developers and publishers like Matrix for the more meaty war games. I gotta go get back in line, now. -Coachace

(in reply to Coachace)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Will Matrix be around for all releases? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI