Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WWIII by Trey Marshall

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> WWIII by Trey Marshall Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WWIII by Trey Marshall - 6/9/2006 8:05:43 AM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

Even with all the goods provided by TOAW III, these scenarios (based on GDW's wargame series) scream for their absence. Since they are among my favourites ever, can I just import the COW version into the game? I'm really curious to see how the Warsaw Pact will behave with the new PO.

< Message edited by Vincenzo Beretta -- 6/9/2006 8:06:19 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: WWIII by Trey Marshall - 6/9/2006 8:32:49 AM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vincenzo Beretta

Even with all the goods provided by TOAW III, these scenarios (based on GDW's wargame series) scream for their absence. Since they are among my favourites ever, can I just import the COW version into the game? I'm really curious to see how the Warsaw Pact will behave with the new PO.

Yes. Just copy the scenario into the appropriate folder. Then open the scenario editor, load the game, and then save it. This is all that is necessary to convert it. Keep in mind that TOAW III will save scenarios, by default into the main Scenarios directory, so if you don't change the "save to" directory, you may think that you "lost" it. Have fun.

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 2
RE: WWIII by Trey Marshall - 6/9/2006 11:35:21 AM   
Curious

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vincenzo Beretta

Is this scenario still available for d/l somewhere on the net? I couldn't find it in the Games Depot at wargamer.com. And I googled Mr. Marshall and couldn't find this particular scenario. Thanks for any help.

CB

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 3
RE: WWIII by Trey Marshall - 6/9/2006 12:21:12 PM   
Nemo69

Try here at Rugged Defence, it'll give you all the scenarios Trey Marshall has uploaded there. It's in fact the main TOAW scenario repository.

Fais ce que dois

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 4
RE: WWIII by Trey Marshall - 6/9/2006 2:26:57 PM   
Curious

Thanks very much.  It had been a long time since I had played TOAW before TOAW3 was released.  I hadn't heard of the Rugged Defense website (and Google didn't turn it up).  It looks a real goldmine of scenarios.  Thanks again.

CB 

(in reply to Nemo69)
Post #: 5
RE: WWIII by Trey Marshall - 6/9/2006 8:16:31 PM   
Uncle_Joe

I've been working on a modified version of that scenarios on and off for years. I've playtested it a lot as a hotseat game and my friends and I have played PBEM a number of times. I think I've worked a lot of the kinks out of the original. Unfortunately, its sort of outgrown the AI, but for hotseat or PBEM, its quite good.

I think the original conversion of the TWW scenario was very good (I was on the playtest group for it), but it was a little too wedded to the original GDW game and some of the conversion didnt come off just right. I cant even begin to remember all of the tweaks I've made over the years, but its come a long way.

In fact, since the Matrix edition came out, I've dusted it off and started fiddling around with it again. I'd never posted it to a site since an awful lot of the work that went into is Trey's, not my own, and I dont want to take away from his efforts. Does anyone know his where-abouts these days? Does he frequent these forums? I'd submit my efforts to him and see what he thinks if he still had any interest.

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 6
RE: WWIII by Trey Marshall - 6/11/2006 12:38:56 AM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uncle_Joe

In fact, since the Matrix edition came out, I've dusted it off and started fiddling around with it again. I'd never posted it to a site since an awful lot of the work that went into is Trey's, not my own, and I dont want to take away from his efforts. Does anyone know his where-abouts these days? Does he frequent these forums? I'd submit my efforts to him and see what he thinks if he still had any interest.

He's certainly around somewhere. Don't know where you'd find him, but I suspect he can be found.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to Uncle_Joe)
Post #: 7
RE: WWIII by Trey Marshall - 6/11/2006 1:02:14 AM   
Nemo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uncle_Joe

He's certainly around somewhere. Don't know where you'd find him, but I suspect he can be found.
The hotmail address given in his scenarios briefings in the TOAW III release is certainly working.

Fais ce que dois

(in reply to golden delicious)
Post #: 8
RE: WWIII by Trey Marshall - 6/11/2006 6:12:31 AM   
Siberian HEAT

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo69

The hotmail address given in his scenarios briefings in the TOAW III release is certainly working.

I've tried that one and his Cox.net addy, which is in his AGS Hungarian 1944 scenario to report some problems with that scenario. Trey if you are reading this, check your email.

(in reply to Nemo69)
Post #: 9
RE: WWIII by Trey Marshall - 6/11/2006 9:30:06 PM   
Mad Cow

Third World War was an excellent group of scenarios.

If someone converts them please let me know and email them to me.

:D

(in reply to Siberian HEAT)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> WWIII by Trey Marshall Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI