Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft 'In Reserve'

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Aircraft 'In Reserve' Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft 'In Reserve' - 6/13/2006 1:03:19 AM   
Vladd

Some of my airgroups seem to place servicable aircraft off the flightline and 'into reserve' for no apparent reason.

For example, 1 depleted yet unfragmented Dutch floatplane unit has 2 pilots, but 1 plane active and another in reserve. The 2 (fullstrength) Swordfish flights onboard Hermes also have 1 or 2 active planes and the others in reserve status.

Does anyone know why this happens and what the fix is?
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft 'In Reserve' - 6/13/2006 2:00:51 AM   
ADavidB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vladd

Some of my airgroups seem to place servicable aircraft off the flightline and 'into reserve' for no apparent reason.

For example, 1 depleted yet unfragmented Dutch floatplane unit has 2 pilots, but 1 plane active and another in reserve. The 2 (fullstrength) Swordfish flights onboard Hermes also have 1 or 2 active planes and the others in reserve status.

Does anyone know why this happens and what the fix is?

You have to look at the maximum number of planes that a ship or air unit can contain. If the number of planes is greater than that number, the extra planes will be put into "reserve" until some of the planes in use are destroyed.

So for example, if you have a cruiser with a capacity of 1 float plane and have two float planes on board, one will be in "reserve".

Also, if you merge two air units together so that their total planes is greater than the maximum number of planes in the unit (it may be 8 for a "flight", 16 or 24 for a "squadron", 48, 64, or 72 for a "group") than the extra planes will go into reserve.

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to Vladd)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft 'In Reserve' - 6/13/2006 2:31:33 AM   
Vladd

Thanks Dave, this isn't the problem though. For example, in Hermes' case the CV capacity is 14. There are the two default Swordfish units of 6 planes each on board. Both flights have been stood down for many days. And yet each flight is showing only 2 planes ready with 4 in reserve. There are 6 pilots in each unit.

(in reply to ADavidB)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft 'In Reserve' - 6/13/2006 2:47:30 AM   
dtravel

Wait a minute, the default loadout of the Hermes is one unit of 14 Sea Gladiators and one unit of 6 Swordfish not two units of 6 Swordfish.  Have you moved units off and onto the carrier?  The program isn't really able to handle changes to carriers' loadouts.  That may be the source of your problem.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to Vladd)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft 'In Reserve' - 6/13/2006 2:59:01 AM   
Nomad

By any chance are you playing a Nik mod Vlad? In my Nik mod game, Hermes ended up with two size 6 or 8 Swordfish squadrons. And they had never been off the ship, Well until KB did its sneak attack on Colombo and put some bombs into her.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft 'In Reserve' - 6/13/2006 3:16:00 AM   
Vladd

Yep, Nik mod. Hermes begins with 2 seperate 6 aircraft units. Forgot the standard game may be different!

Maybe this is indeed a factor...still not sure what is going on with the TVIA unit...or for that matter one 24 plane P40 unit, all fully servicable, with 24 pilots and one aircraft stuck in reserve...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft 'In Reserve' - 6/13/2006 4:25:50 AM   
dtravel

The P-40 unit actually makes sense.  The US fighter squadrons are 24 plane units, any that they somehow get over that will go into reserve.

As for the Hermes, sounds like Nik needs to work on his mod some more.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to Vladd)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft 'In Reserve' - 6/13/2006 3:41:38 PM   
michaelm75au

The other time planes will go into reserve is when there is not enough AV/supply support for them.
Just had that happen to me with a FG (24planes) I had left on a 'deserted' island. Had to send over some AV and supply to get them back up.

Michael

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Aircraft 'In Reserve' Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI