Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

i have witp...is there still room for uv on my hard drive?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> i have witp...is there still room for uv on my hard drive? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
i have witp...is there still room for uv on my hard drive? - 6/13/2006 4:17:39 AM   
toonces

hey all,
i got uncommon valor when it first came out. i played it quite a bit, although not a ton because i had trouble figuring out the system.
i picked up witp about 8 months ago. i've been playing it off and on since, and been making a serious study of it the last 3-5 months or so. in fact, the last 3 months it has been just about the only game i play.
anyway, the reason for the email is this. i'm enjoying the game, but i'm realizing that i may never get through the campaign. at the rate i'm going, i think it will take at least 12 months+ to finish one campaign (against the ai). and, while i'm enjoying it, i find myself not booting it up some nights (like tonite). like, if i only have an hour to play, sometime i almost feel like i'm not going to get enough satisfaction planning a day of transport movement for my one hour of game time for the whole day.

just lately, i've been wondering if i might be happier if i went back to uv. i realize this is a personal decision, but i'm curious if anyone else has done this, and if so, what your thoughts were between the two games.

just thinking out loud...ultimately i'll probably try it just to see. i'll probably enjoy the game much more now that i understand the system much, much better!
thanks,
mike
Post #: 1
RE: i have witp...is there still room for uv on my hard... - 6/13/2006 5:42:10 AM   
dtravel

*struggles with his conscience, wins, and says*  I don't know, how big is your hard drive? 

*conscience sneaks up behind, whacks him on the head and drags his unconscious body away*

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to toonces)
Post #: 2
RE: i have witp...is there still room for uv on my hard... - 6/13/2006 12:17:59 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

how big is your hard drive? 

If you have to ask......

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 3
RE: i have witp...is there still room for uv on my hard... - 6/13/2006 2:33:38 PM   
1275psi

I still play both - check the AArs -wobbly and I still getting vast enjoyment from it, UV great for those only got 15 minutes to play times, or not enough time for WITP -play em both.

personally think the air combat routine is proven in UV to be far superior to WITP (in my opinion having played both into late/mid 43 PBEm) -far more realistic, not nearly as bloody -and if the jap player is very good, far more fun and rewards good effort.

So -answer to question -play both!

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 4
RE: i have witp...is there still room for uv on my hard... - 6/14/2006 1:41:44 AM   
toonces

hey thanks for the replies.

i'll be honest. i have witp envy. i know uv isn't going to scratch my itch when i know the rest of you guys are playing witp.

but, i booted up uv last night and it's almost shocking how narrow the scope of that game is. there are so few ships and tf's, and the map is so small. it's so...manageable!

i think i am going to start playing it some, especially on nights when i don't have 2 hours to devote to witp.

i'm still really curious if anyone besides me and 1275 may be playing both games.

see ya,
toonces

(in reply to toonces)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> i have witp...is there still room for uv on my hard drive? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI