Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Homerun crazy opener.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Homerun crazy opener. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Homerun crazy opener. - 6/21/2006 1:10:32 AM   
Cringer

Man, talk about a shock. Homeruns have just started to go up in my fictional career, with the new record at 21. I am just starting the 1924 season. With a 33 year old pitcher I just signed in FA on the mound, a guy I had for 5 Championships in 6 years before I took over an expansion team, I was feeling confident.

Well, he gave up 7 homeruns over his 9 innings pitched.

I won 22-9 though. My team had 11 homeruns, including 4 from my leadoff guy, 3 from my aging RF Prince Reagan, and 2 from my SS Romo.

Just completely insane, this league hasn't seen anything even close to this yet.
Post #: 1
RE: Homerun crazy opener. - 6/21/2006 3:24:31 AM   
DonBraswell

What are the distances to the fence for the ballpark?

(in reply to Cringer)
Post #: 2
RE: Homerun crazy opener. - 6/21/2006 3:42:08 AM   
Amaroq

Cringer, take a look at the 'game log' from that game - I'll bet you anything you had a stiff 20-mph tail wind blowing out towards the shortest part of the park.

I'd been thinking of complaining that 'tail wind' has too much of an impact on the game .. but then I did some research on the physics .. (what, you thought I just made all these posts up?) .. and found that they're pretty much right on; I don't have the research handy but I remember being shocked at the low wind speed (maybe 15mph?) required to cause a 10% change in distance - wind comes into play more than the thin air at Coors Field!

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 3
RE: Homerun crazy opener. - 6/21/2006 4:39:01 AM   
Cringer

The ballpark distances...can't say off the top of my head. But you can look it up, I was playing a road game and I gave that team Fenway Park. Trust me, this was just a wacky game, the most homers I had seen in a game in this league up until this point was 3 I think. And this stadium has been there the whole time with nothing like this happening.

I will look at the log this week (hope I have save logs on, I had turned it off at one point), and report back when I get home. I have the game closed and about to take a nap before I hit the road for work for the week.

< Message edited by Cringer -- 6/21/2006 4:40:20 AM >

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 4
RE: Homerun crazy opener. - 6/21/2006 11:40:16 AM   
Nth Power

Wow, I just simmed Cubs vs. Rockies and the Cubs won 22-4. The game had a total of 15 homeruns!

It was at Coor's with the wind blowing out to right at 20mph.

(in reply to Cringer)
Post #: 5
RE: Homerun crazy opener. - 6/21/2006 7:44:40 PM   
Amaroq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nth Power
It was at Coor's with the wind blowing out to right at 20mph.

I feel for your pitchers!

(in reply to Nth Power)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Homerun crazy opener. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI