Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Serious Sandlot issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Serious Sandlot issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Serious Sandlot issues - 6/23/2006 10:21:39 AM   
Claymore Cut

Hi, I trying to create a Sandlot league filled with all-time players, but I am having some serious issues getting it going. I was planning on doing it in Continous Reply/Multiplayer, but for some reason multiplayer doesn't support Continous Reply (this kind of sucks) so I had to settle for single player.

I start up my league, then start to import my players. For some reason, when I try to import a player onto a team, I get an error message 1/2 the time saying the team dosn't have a record, which it cannot have at this point anyways as the league has yet to start (I do not get this message if Idrop them into the free agent pool, but I don't know then how to assign the players directly tot here teams).

The other big issue appears to be the way players are imported. I tried importing the 1927 babe Ruth 3 different times (create, retire, then create again). The first time he had a Contact rating of 50 and a power of 50 (this is the 27 Ruth), and the second time he had a Contact of 100 and a Power of 62 (the year he hit 60 HR?). A third time he had 2 100 ratings.

When the database imports players, does it put a random factor on the players stats? If it does, it should be nowhere near that random....

I'd really like to try and start on my All-time league, so any help would be appreciated.

FYI, I am using the most recent beta patch.

(PS: was not sure if these were bugs or if I am doing something wrong, so I posted it here).

< Message edited by Claymore Cut -- 6/23/2006 10:22:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Serious Sandlot issues - 6/23/2006 4:44:51 PM   
XCom

From what I've seen, it appears that when you import real players their ratings are related to stats differences from current league averages.  So, if you have no players in the pool and import someone (anyone, really)...their ratings will start out 50/50/50.  As you add more players to the pool the ratings start to make more sense as the ratings are recalculated based on the new additions.  Try adding Babe Ruth first, then add the entire 1927 Red Sox team...you should see that Ruth's ratings all the sudden are the best of the bunch.

(in reply to Claymore Cut)
Post #: 2
RE: Serious Sandlot issues - 6/23/2006 8:15:38 PM   
Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: XCom

From what I've seen, it appears that when you import real players their ratings are related to stats differences from current league averages. So, if you have no players in the pool and import someone (anyone, really)...their ratings will start out 50/50/50. As you add more players to the pool the ratings start to make more sense as the ratings are recalculated based on the new additions. Try adding Babe Ruth first, then add the entire 1927 Red Sox team...you should see that Ruth's ratings all the sudden are the best of the bunch.

So the ratings are relative to the other players in the league, and will change as the league changes? What happens when players are put onto different teams? (lets say I draft players right to their teams). Will the ratings still alter? Or do they need to all be in the free agent pool?

Thanks!

(in reply to XCom)
Post #: 3
RE: Serious Sandlot issues - 6/24/2006 12:46:31 AM   
Claymore Cut

OK, I think I am getting the hang of this. I created 4 team test league, imported my own all-stars to one, then used 2005 teams on the other 3, Ruths ratings went up a few times, then settled around 82/100.

Any way to change the start year (and therefore the league averages to simulate different eras of ball play) in Sandlot mode?

(in reply to Claymore Cut)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Serious Sandlot issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI