Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI - 6/24/2006 3:14:02 PM   
teck

Has the AI been enhanced over the original AI?
Post #: 1
RE: AI - 6/24/2006 4:00:27 PM   
danrhayes

The behaviour of the AI is not just determined by the programing but can also be heavily influenced by the values in the database. The best known example of this would be the changes to torpedo ranges that have been mentioned in other threads. If the db author sets max range of the torps to be significantly lower than the max fule range then the AI is force to close its submarines much closer to your ships before firing and then the torps can run to thier full range making it very difficult for the player to turn and bolt. Similar (but lesser IIRC) tactics have been employed to make the AI fight harder in AAW as well. There have been twekas to the game engine that have improved the AI but they are not the end of the added punch that todays Harpoon 3 ANW has to offer over the original H2.

Daniel

(in reply to teck)
Post #: 2
RE: AI - 6/25/2006 2:31:54 AM   
destruya

Also don't forget to play around with the difficulty settings.

(in reply to danrhayes)
Post #: 3
RE: AI - 6/25/2006 3:14:40 AM   
hermanhum

I don't think that the 'difficulty' settings affect the AI, at all.

AFAIK, the difficulty settings are there to determine the level of assistance provided to the player.  I believe that the AI always operates under the 'Full Realism' setting.

That means that things like communications are fully in force for the AI all the time.  When AI submarines submerge, they are out of contact with the outside world.  However, when the player plays with "Auto-Datalinks" activated, he can maintain control over his submarines.  There is no comparative setting you can give the AI for this.

(in reply to destruya)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI