Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A little feedback from a newbie...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> RE: A little feedback from a newbie... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A little feedback from a newbie... - 6/27/2006 8:35:06 AM   
Viper6

When I said "reset" I was also refering to the EW level being set to low. Sorry if I was confusing, from what I can tell from your posts we are experiancing the same thing.

quote:

I just remembered another one too: On more than a couple of occassions, during enemy turn (or I should say, during 'fight'), I noticed my artillery unit will display a 'waypoint trail' to its designated barrage target.

Wow, that's weird, I've never seen that happen before. Have you noticed anything that seems to effect it at all, such as ending the turn with all paths showing (the "w" key pressed)?

The retreat code can be weird sometimes, we spent alot of time tweaking it for 1.1 and I don't think it is still 100% good, sometimes units that take even a small amount of arty and some losses will decide that they would be better off somewhere else - and don't take the time to think that they way they want to go is closer to the enemy ...

Alex Clark - Viper
Flashpoint Germany Beta Test Team
Flashpoint Middle East Beta Test Team

Supervising Lighting and Sound Technician,
University of Minnesota, Morris

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 31
RE: A little feedback from a newbie... - 6/28/2006 12:34:41 AM   
FlipTrac_511

quote:

Wow, that's weird, I've never seen that happen before. Have you noticed anything that seems to effect it at all, such as ending the turn with all paths showing (the "w" key pressed)?

Viper, I always have 'Show all friendly wayponts' enabled (though I always have to enable it after each and every turn...it doesn't stick). So in effect, yeah, I'm ending the turn with the paths showing. Doesn't happen all the time but I can't pinpoint what's triggering it, unfortunately.

(in reply to Viper6)
Post #: 32
RE: A little feedback from a newbie... - 7/14/2006 7:34:32 AM   
FlipTrac_511

Just a little follow up to my experience regarding the EW intensity resetting itself back to low:

I haven't been experiencing it at all lately.  I've moved on to a different scenario since the above issue and I think I may have discovered what was happening.

I think it has to do with my saved games.  I may have saved (or started rather) a particular game under low setting (inadvertently because I always play at med or high) and when I kept loading up that saved game it would revert to the original settings it was started (in this case EW-low) despite how I had the EW setting to medium at the front end.

Now I've been replaying a different saved game over and over and the EW setting remains where I left it at.  I gather because that's the EW level I saved it at.

I know reloading saved games are supposed to maintain settings at which they were started/saved with.  So in conclusion perhaps my error was failing to realize this fact in this matter.

(in reply to FlipTrac_511)
Post #: 33
RE: A little feedback from a newbie... - 7/14/2006 2:20:20 PM   
CapnDarwin

FlipTrac,

No big deal. We'll still look into things on it to make sure it is better understood then when the screens come up. It will be something we need to look at in the new game too so folks don't get confused. Keep reporting on what you see or what you think can be better.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to FlipTrac_511)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> RE: A little feedback from a newbie... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI