Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Updates and patches???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Updates and patches??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Updates and patches??? - 6/29/2006 1:35:40 PM   
Nauticus

I have just come back to UV after a long break. The true update brought my 1.0 version up to 1.40 but what is the quickest way to update to 2.41 the latest version?

I am not very good with computers so please make it simple, for instance do you have to put the patch in the UV folder?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Updates and patches??? - 7/7/2006 10:36:35 AM   
Tordenskiold

Hello since it seems you have got no reply I might be able to help. Download 2.41 from the update section of the game here: ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/uncommonvalor/uv-patch-v241.zip

You first store it a place on your PC of your own choice. Do not remember if you have to prompt the download folder but if it does not just Run the software and it finds the game itself. I use 2.42 which is rather hard to find but have noe seen any big differences with 2.41. In multiplayer it is possible to play 2.41 against 2.42. Have tried with no problems.

Good luck

Tordenkskjold

(in reply to Nauticus)
Post #: 2
RE: Updates and patches??? - 7/8/2006 3:30:29 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

My memory is fading, but I think you to go from 1.4 to 2.41 you have to download patches 2.0, 2.3, 2.4, and then finally 2.41.

(in reply to Tordenskiold)
Post #: 3
RE: Updates and patches??? - 7/16/2006 11:18:19 PM   
Nauticus

Thanks I have got as far as 2.30 now and have read somewhere in the forum that that it is best to play with that rather than the newer patches? seems strange?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Nauticus -- 7/16/2006 11:19:20 PM >

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 4
RE: Updates and patches??? - 7/17/2006 10:07:44 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nauticus

Thanks I have got as far as 2.30 now and have read somewhere in the forum that that it is best to play with that rather than the newer patches? seems strange?

Well that's my opinion....others play 2.41 without a problem at all...

With 2.41 in Scen. 19 as Japan, on-map aircraft began disappearing after a few months of game-time.
Shortly after, aircraft reinforcements started arriving with smaller numbers, or no aircraft at all....

(in reply to Nauticus)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Updates and patches??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI