Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Post season glitch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Post season glitch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Post season glitch? - 6/29/2006 9:25:32 PM   
JMAV

Playing 1922 season...my Indians tied the Yankees on the last day of the season, just to see the Yanks get into the playoffs...

Not sure if this was how it was back in the day, and all though probably not a glitch, I sure wish the game provided the one game playoff option rather than just putting the Yankees in on whatever computer logic tie breaker that was use...

Also, can we please do something about the hit and run option..it is pretty useless when half of the time my runner on first gets doubled up on a pop fly to left field...this happens about one in a milllion times in real life, not every time!

Other than that, sure do enjoy the gaming experience.... so far!
Post #: 1
RE: Post season glitch? - 6/29/2006 9:55:18 PM   
Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMAV

Playing 1922 season...my Indians tied the Yankees on the last day of the season, just to see the Yanks get into the playoffs...

Not sure if this was how it was back in the day, and all though probably not a glitch, I sure wish the game provided the one game playoff option rather than just putting the Yankees in on whatever computer logic tie breaker that was use...

Also, can we please do something about the hit and run option..it is pretty useless when half of the time my runner on first gets doubled up on a pop fly to left field...this happens about one in a milllion times in real life, not every time!

Others have complained about this too. I also agree tiebreakers should at least have the option to be resolved with a 1-game playoff.

(in reply to JMAV)
Post #: 2
RE: Post season glitch? - 6/29/2006 11:54:52 PM   
XCom

Agreed.  The one game tiebreaker would be an excellent addition.  Do we know what the tiebreaker logic is that is used now?

(in reply to Claymore Cut)
Post #: 3
RE: Post season glitch? - 6/30/2006 12:07:43 AM   
Deltadog

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMAV

quote:

Before there is any change, it would be interesting to know what would have happened in 1922. I don't know what the rule was, but perhaps the team that won the most games in the season series between the two advanced to the playoffs. Can you tell us who won the most games in your season in head to head compitition between the two?

I have yet to see any runners doubled up when hit and run was attempted. In fact it appears to have prevented a number of double plays.

(in reply to JMAV)
Post #: 4
RE: Post season glitch? - 6/30/2006 5:14:00 AM   
JMAV

I am currently quick simming many seasons, and I stop and play about one game each month...I would say that with probably every three hit and runs I attempt, one has outcome of fly ball to OF, runner out advancing on hit and run...couldn't get back...doesn't matter what side of OF it is hit to...happens all the time..

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 5
RE: Post season glitch? - 6/30/2006 5:18:50 AM   
CBeasley37

I think it's runs scored. If it's still tied then head to head matchup.
I could be wrong.

(in reply to XCom)
Post #: 6
RE: Post season glitch? - 6/30/2006 5:31:03 AM   
henry296

I was the beneficiary one year of the tiebreak rule.

I agree a one game playoff is necessary.  Remember in 1951 it was best of 3 when Bobby Thompson hit the shot heard round the world.

(in reply to CBeasley37)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Post season glitch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI