Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does anyone know where I can downoad spwar, if at all?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Does anyone know where I can downoad spwar, if at all? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does anyone know where I can downoad spwar, if at all? - 7/21/2000 12:53:00 PM   
warmonger3

It chaffs my hide to know I missed the 300 meg file, and I can't order off the net, even the 6.99 for the cd. Thanks.

Post #: 1
- 7/21/2000 12:58:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Who said you could not order the game, Warmonger? I've heard nothing to that effect. The last I heard, you could. It is supposed to be coming out also in gaming mags. Look in the download section of SPWAW (top of this screen) and get the exact dates. Correction. That list is in the What's New section of SPWAW. I'm curious to know why you thought you could not order the game. Where did you see this? I just went to the download page and the link to EZGamer is still up. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited July 21, 2000).]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to warmonger3)
Post #: 2
- 7/21/2000 1:00:00 PM   
warmonger3

Sorry, I meant I have no credit cards, and refuse to use my bank card. (Bad habit, hehe)

(in reply to warmonger3)
Post #: 3
- 7/21/2000 2:59:00 PM   
Don

Hi Warmonger! Since you are in this "situation", and are SPWaW deprived, I'll bet if you start a new topic and ask someone to burn you a CD, you'll find yourself playing in no time! There's a bunch of good guys here and I'll bet you get a good response. Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to warmonger3)
Post #: 4
- 7/21/2000 10:50:00 PM   
ASDN

Try these links: ftp://ftp.wargamer.com/games/spwaw-cd.zip (310MB) ftp://ftp.wargamer.com/games/spwaw-complete.zip (278MB) ftp://ftp.wargamer.com/games/spwaw-lite.zip (212MB) http://nstaff.ecc.edu/home/library/staffinf/spwaw-lite.zip (212MB) This is SP:W@W ver. 1.0. You can DL the patches from the MG DL page

(in reply to warmonger3)
Post #: 5
- 7/21/2000 11:08:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Good suggestions, all of them, guys! I understand Warmonger not having credit cards and I admire his discipline. I think as time goes on this will become harder and harder to do, however. I'm no financial wizard or any other kind of wizard but in my muddy crystal ball, that day seems to be coming. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to warmonger3)
Post #: 6
- 7/22/2000 2:17:00 AM   
warmonger3

Thanks, turns out my download manager had incorrect settings for getting files from an ftp. What I was wondering was if the spwarlite.zip is just the same game, I don't understand why it is smaller.

(in reply to warmonger3)
Post #: 7
- 7/22/2000 2:29:00 AM   
ASDN

AFAIK it has no the intro movie (54,5 MB) comparing to the complete one.

(in reply to warmonger3)
Post #: 8
- 7/22/2000 7:02:00 AM   
jsaurman

If anyone would like to help me with an experiment using Napster to transfer the SPWAW file from me, I would be very grateful. I think there may be a way to solve the download problem using this program. You must have a cable, dsl, or T3 connection to the internet and Napster already installed. Please contact me at jsaurman@hotmail.com

(in reply to warmonger3)
Post #: 9
- 7/22/2000 12:41:00 PM   
warmonger3

Thanks everyone, I am getting the files now. (14 hours left, woo hoo) I wish I had cable, but 56k is all I can get out here in the boonies. Thanks too for the offer jsaurman. I can't wait to get this done, and patched. Multiplayer is going to really be something when it is added. Can't say I am A good wargamer, but I did like Panzer, and Allied general. And strategy, turn based, and real time has always been A favorite. See you on the battlefield.

(in reply to warmonger3)
Post #: 10
- 7/22/2000 3:31:00 PM   
ASDN

Warmonger3, Try to simultaneously download the patches from MG page. If it doesn't slow down your SPW@W download (it shouldn't, it is from a different site that you already DL), you will get the game and the patches in the same time Just my two cents.

(in reply to warmonger3)
Post #: 11
- 7/22/2000 4:45:00 AM   
teut_onic

Warmonger and anyone else interested you can download a program call get smart form this link http://members.xoom.com/m507/ This program will help speed up downloads. Teutonic

(in reply to warmonger3)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Does anyone know where I can downoad spwar, if at all? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI