Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 1:59:29 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauk

It's always nice to see that you admit your mistakes. Although we have to help you

Pauk, people who are as black as charcoal, and are of African "descent" (presumably sons of first generation immigrants, or immigrants themselves) will always be Africans, not "French". They may have French citizenship, and be sadly lured by money to play in Franch team(s) but they remain Africans for purposes of any rational discussion.

I may go live on Antarctica and take Brazillian citizenship, but i will remain European Slav whether I like it or not.

BTW, what team do you think someone born in France, but of "Senegalese descent", would be playing for if it's Senegal having 5x French BDP? French? Hardly.

Having 15-16 (if not more) "black as charcoal" guys play for French team is ugliest form of sport colonialism for me, period. You're free to rationalize it in any way you like

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 331
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 2:00:51 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

Oh and one  more thing

FORZA ITALIA!!!!

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 332
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 2:13:02 AM   
pauk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

quote:

It's always nice to see that you admit your mistakes. Although we have to help you

Pauk, people who are as black as charcoal, and are of African "descent" (presumably sons of first generation immigrants, or immigrants themselves) will always be Africans, not "French". They may have French citizenship, and be sadly lured by money to play in Franch team(s) but they remain Africans for purposes of any rational discussion.

I may go live on Antarctica and take Brazillian citizenship, but i will remain European Slav whether I like it or not.

BTW, what team do you think someone born in France, but of "Senegalese descent", would be playing for if it's Senegal having 5x French BDP? French? Hardly.

Having 15-16 (if not more) "black as charcoal" guys play for French team is ugliest form of sport colonialism for me, period. You're free to rationalize it in any way you like

You said West Africa and you thought in geographical terms. All your skills with words wont change it...

next, how can you say who would play for Senegal,Guadelope or France? Australian Croats also are divided - couple of them playing for Croatia, several of them for Australia...

< Message edited by pauk -- 7/10/2006 2:14:10 AM >

Post #: 333
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 2:32:46 AM   
ravinhood

Well my predictions were right on from day one. See Ravinhood is always right. ;)  YAY ITALY haha France. ;)

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 334
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 3:14:42 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!
CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!
CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CIAO CIAO MANGIA-RANE!

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 335
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 11:23:09 AM   
Pkunzipper

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Gen.Hoepner)
Post #: 336
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 12:39:15 PM   
pauk

who are these guys?

(in reply to Pkunzipper)
Post #: 337
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 12:46:29 PM   
JamesM

After watching this World Cup I now realise why I have stopped watching this type of football. Too many players taking dives and instead of fighting to keep possession of the ball. Like in this mornings match my first thought on seeing the penalty awarded to France was that it was too soft for a game of this importance.

Well at least the do not urinate on a field like the All Black player did on Saturday night.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 338
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 1:15:36 PM   
Marc von Martial

Congrats to Italy for diving, cheating and acting their way right through in the finals and winning the cup . I would love to know what Marco Materazzi said to Zidane before he lost it. I'm very sure it was something really nice, you could see Zidane steaming, I saw this coming when he went into position. As a funny sidenote that was really something where an italian player was actually hit hard and fall

Now bring justice to the european football and sent Juve to "Seria C" and the rest of the pack to "Seria B". But I am sure it will now give a general amnesty like that italian minister suggested

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 7/10/2006 1:20:14 PM >

(in reply to JamesM)
Post #: 339
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 1:51:26 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

Diving and cheating?!?!
I do not agree. Everybody dives and cheats. Look at the penalty given to France!
And Zidane isn't new to these things...remember Juventus- Hamburg 5 years ago?
Anyway, we are happy and that's enough for us

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 340
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 2:10:54 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

And Zidane isn't new to these things...remember Juventus- Hamburg 5 years ago?

Yep I fully agree, he is known for "ticking" . I think he got 10 or so red cards in his carreer?

quote:

Diving and cheating?!?!
I do not agree. Everybody dives and cheats. Look at the penalty given to France!

Yes, everybody does, some just more and more obvious . The penalty was 100% okay IMHO. I had a football referee sitting next to me yesterday when we watched the game. He said that you must give it, although the defender (Materazzi IIRC) was pulling his leg back the speed and forece in his charge was reason enough, and on top of that he hit him.

quote:

Anyway, we are happy and that's enough for us

I bet you are

Post #: 341
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 2:22:38 PM   
Pkunzipper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Congrats to Italy for diving, cheating and acting their way right through in the finals and winning the cup . I would love to know what Marco Materazzi said to Zidane before he lost it. I'm very sure it was something really nice, you could see Zidane steaming, I saw this coming when he went into position. As a funny sidenote that was really something where an italian player was actually hit hard and fall

Verbal insults are part of any sport, players have to learn to not overreact... Zidane behaved as a noob 17 years old child... Nice way to end his career... bye bye Zinedine

quote:

Now bring justice to the european football and sent Juve to "Seria C" and the rest of the pack to "Seria B".

I hope it too! No amensty for the teams who cheated, that will be the best way to celebrate the deserved World Championship victory!

Post #: 342
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 2:56:31 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pkunzipper

quote:

Verbal insults are part of any sport, players have to learn to not overreact... Zidane behaved as a noob 17 years old child... Nice way to end his career... bye bye Zinedine

quote:

Now bring justice to the european football and sent Juve to "Seria C" and the rest of the pack to "Seria B".

I hope it too! No amensty for the teams who cheated, that will be the best way to celebrate the deserved World Championship victory!

Well I do not agree on the insulting thing. But you can't prohibit it either.

When will they announce the conviction in the manipulation scandal, is that still today?

(in reply to Pkunzipper)
Post #: 343
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 3:42:23 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

next, how can you say who would play for Senegal,Guadelope or France? Australian Croats also are divided - couple of them playing for Croatia, several of them for Australia...

Yeah but neither team is relying on Australian Croats or Croat Australians to form a backbone of the whole team. Besides, it's couple Croats playing for Ozzie, couple Ozzies playing for Croatia - seems kinda fair to me

Having some immigrants & foreigners in the team for additional flavor is OK, but watching "French" team start with 7 Africans, 2 Arabs + 2 whites (+ usually have 3 more Africans come as substitutes), well, that's just too much for my taste.

What French are doing is killing authentic African football BIG time. Teams like Senegal, Mali, Zaire etc. have enough problems to get to WC and do something as it is, with France stealing their best players it's just impossible.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 344
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 4:01:47 PM   
Pkunzipper

quote:

When will they announce the conviction in the manipulation scandal, is that still today?

There isn't an official date, but it seems it will be this wednesday!

Post #: 345
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 4:19:01 PM   
Neilster

I couldn't work out how Henry was nearly knocked unconscious by such an innocuous bump. I've had worse trying to get to the bar at the pub.

And it was amazing how Zidane's head-butt to the chest managed to knock Marco Materazzi completely off his feet, like he'd been hit by an elephant gun from 20 paces. Materazzi was the chief wounded-look, shrugged shoulders, wild gesticulation, annoying bastard in the Italian team and I'm surprised Zidane didn't give it to him right on the shnoz. The head-butt to the chest didn't do any damage, except to French hopes.

Every World Cup is the same. Most of the interesting games are in the early rounds where there is positive football and plenty of scoring, especially from long range. But then the teams with attacking flair, often African, are mostly bundled out by a combination of professionalism, solid defence and "big team" decisions by the referees. Thus, the finals are packed with highly disciplined teams with excellent defences, often leading to "thrilling" 0-0 results after 120 minutes. Don't get me wrong, these games are often very tactically interesting but some actual goals would help the spectacle. On top of this, the entire affair is lousy with diving cheats who often scam victory, despite endless FIFA assurances about stamping out simulation.

I watched a game of Australian Rules football between two bottom teams after really enjoying the first week of the World Cup and I was struck by what a great game I was seeing. Both sides were absolutely desperate, there was a relentless pace, it was physical, athletic and there was regular scoring. An international version of this would be incredible.

Football (soccer) fans in Australia often denigrate Aussie Rules by saying "Who cares? No other countries play it". Well, there's a reason for that. It was invented here and no-one else had much exposure to it. Also it is beginning to be played in other countries anyway. Its lack of international profile doesn't mean it isn't a wonderful game. Australians have had over a century of exposure to soccer but have overwhelmingly preferred to watch Aussie Rules and both forms of Rugby.

High class International Rugby is a phenomenal thing to watch. No simulation there: just strength, toughness, speed and skill. It must attract a different breed of Frenchman and Argentinean because they have national teams with proud records. In Rugby Union, Rugby League and Aussie Rules, athletes regularly play on with broken bones, punctured lungs etc. It's just part of the culture and when you are used to seeing that, a footballer who flings himself metres through the air before rolling half a dozen times and writhing around in apparent agony for several minutes, only to subsequently run off like nothing happened, is extremely hard to take.

I do enjoy "the beautiful game" but I just wish there was a little more stoicism, tempo and scoring and less Academy Award performances and useless chipping around of the ball at the back. Of course by the time the next World Cup rolls around, I'll have forgotten much of this and will be looking forward to it again. Although everyone's going to get mugged in South Africa. My ex girlfriend had been there for ten minutes before she was nearly raped by two black guys. Nice joint. I think I'll watch it on telly.

Cheers, Neilster

Post #: 346
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 4:53:39 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

I couldn't work out how Henry was nearly knocked unconscious by such an innocuous bump. I've had worse trying to get to the bar at the pub.

It was the right spot. Directly on the solar plexus, as per the symptons he showed. That knocks everybody down.

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 347
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 7:55:41 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

However it seems that Materazzi said to Zizou something like "You, Islamic Terrorist"...
Something very stupid to say, but nothing incredibly offending imho.

Anyway, the penalty could be given or not imho. Probably it was more penalty the takle Cannavaro made on "Malouda" ( i think) during the second half...

The decision abou the "Calcio-Gate" will be taken between today and wedsnday

Post #: 348
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 8:50:27 PM   
pauk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gen.Hoepner

However it seems that Materazzi said to Zizou something like "You, Islamic Terrorist"...

I found that extremely offending....

Post #: 349
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 9:11:04 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

Anyway, the penalty could be given or not imho. Probably it was more penalty the takle Cannavaro made on "Malouda" ( i think) during the second half...

Yep that is what I heard too in the news today. He called him an "islamic terrorist" and in a german sport news channel they added that he insulted his mother too. If that is true Zidane should had hit Materazzis head not his chest. This kind of personal insulting crap does not belong on the field. It is pathetic, even more then diving.

I agree on the second penalty, but I would say the referee had not the guts. I found him not very convincing anyway. Very unreliable and confusing in his calls.

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 7/10/2006 9:13:54 PM >

Post #: 350
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 9:42:18 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

quote:

Diving and cheating?!?!
..remember Juventus- Hamburg 5 years ago?

I do very well...I was there !

HSV forever and ever.... !

Post #: 351
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 10:06:06 PM   
ravinhood

It's one of the reasons I never liked Soccer. It's a baby sport. A don't touch me sport or I'll whine and cry and act like you killed me. Now American Football and yeah Aussie football are great. FULL CONTACT sports. Soccer is for sissies.

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 352
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 10:08:16 PM   
Marc von Martial

Materazzi has just stated that he did not insult Zidane at all. He did not say "terrorist" to him, arguing that he does not even know the meaning of the word, LOL, yeah right .

Zidane has mentioned that he will talk about the whole thing in a few days, while some lip reading interpreters have stated that Materazzi has named Zidane's sister a prostitute, twice.

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 353
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 10:36:33 PM   
Neilster

quote:

Materazzi has just stated that he did not insult Zidane at all. He did not say "terrorist" to him, arguing that he does not even know the meaning of the word, LOL, yeah right .

Zidane has mentioned that he will talk about the whole thing in a few days, while some lip reading interpreters have stated that Materazzi has named Zidane's sister a prostitute, twice.

Well if it's true, she'll be happy for the free publicity.

Jeez...I just thought he was annoying because of his on-field antics. We'll find out he shot JFK next.

Cheers, Neilster

Post #: 354
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/10/2006 11:21:50 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

I found that extremely offending....

You GOT to be kidding? I've been called more offensive names on practically every forum I visit (not that I care anyway ) + not to mention what I've been called on our local Croat forums.

Even if true, people say many things on the pitch - who cares? Had it been the other way round (Zidane insulting Materazzi, and Materazzi kicking him down) people will say "yeah we told you Sicilian dude is butcher" and no one would even try to find out what Zidane said to him. Now, the whole world is united in trying to find some reason for what Zidane did (and what was most unsportsamnlike episode of the whole damn tournament!)

Anyway, I'm just trying out my new avatar if you don't mind

Forza Italia!

Oleg

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 355
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/11/2006 12:37:28 AM   
Speedysteve

Agreed Oleg. End of the day no matter what he said I DOUBT it has never been said before on a football pitch. There is so much winding up/abuse/swearing in the modern game. Zidane (if anyone) should be used to it

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 356
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/11/2006 12:37:49 AM   
Vyshka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

And it was amazing how Zidane's head-butt to the chest managed to knock Marco Materazzi completely off his feet, like he'd been hit by an elephant gun from 20 paces. Materazzi was the chief wounded-look, shrugged shoulders, wild gesticulation, annoying bastard in the Italian team and I'm surprised Zidane didn't give it to him right on the shnoz. The head-butt to the chest didn't do any damage, except to French hopes.

Every World Cup is the same. Most of the interesting games are in the early rounds where there is positive football and plenty of scoring, especially from long range. But then the teams with attacking flair, often African, are mostly bundled out by a combination of professionalism, solid defence and "big team" decisions by the referees. Thus, the finals are packed with highly disciplined teams with excellent defences, often leading to "thrilling" 0-0 results after 120 minutes. Don't get me wrong, these games are often very tactically interesting but some actual goals would help the spectacle. On top of this, the entire affair is lousy with diving cheats who often scam victory, despite endless FIFA assurances about stamping out simulation.

I watched a game of Australian Rules football between two bottom teams after really enjoying the first week of the World Cup and I was struck by what a great game I was seeing. Both sides were absolutely desperate, there was a relentless pace, it was physical, athletic and there was regular scoring. An international version of this would be incredible.

Football (soccer) fans in Australia often denigrate Aussie Rules by saying "Who cares? No other countries play it". Well, there's a reason for that. It was invented here and no-one else had much exposure to it. Also it is beginning to be played in other countries anyway. Its lack of international profile doesn't mean it isn't a wonderful game. Australians have had over a century of exposure to soccer but have overwhelmingly preferred to watch Aussie Rules and both forms of Rugby.

High class International Rugby is a phenomenal thing to watch. No simulation there: just strength, toughness, speed and skill. It must attract a different breed of Frenchman and Argentinean because they have national teams with proud records. In Rugby Union, Rugby League and Aussie Rules, athletes regularly play on with broken bones, punctured lungs etc. It's just part of the culture and when you are used to seeing that, a footballer who flings himself metres through the air before rolling half a dozen times and writhing around in apparent agony for several minutes, only to subsequently run off like nothing happened, is extremely hard to take.

I do enjoy "the beautiful game" but I just wish there was a little more stoicism, tempo and scoring and less Academy Award performances and useless chipping around of the ball at the back. Of course by the time the next World Cup rolls around, I'll have forgotten much of this and will be looking forward to it again. Although everyone's going to get mugged in South Africa. My ex girlfriend had been there for ten minutes before she was nearly raped by two black guys. Nice joint. I think I'll watch it on telly.

Cheers, Neilster

How could one not like a game (Aussie Rules) where the referees where those lovely hats. ;)

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 357
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/11/2006 1:55:43 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vyshka
How could one not like a game (Aussie Rules) where the referees where those lovely hats. ;)

Oh, the hats!

I also agree with 90% of Neilster's post One manly sport he didn't mention is ice hockey.

I disagree with the part where he says Materazzi is "annoying bastard" though I don't know about his "previous life" but on this WC he was just one fine defending player (I am serious). If there's ONE dude in the Italian team who plays "manly football" it's Materazzi!

<= my avatar sends you Big Kiss!!

(in reply to Vyshka)
Post #: 358
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/11/2006 2:09:01 AM   
Pkunzipper

Great Avatar Oleg! He was one of the best italian player of the WC!

If you watch the replay Materazzi wasn't the only one to say something to Zidane, but Zidane was speaking to Materazzi too... So both were offending, it happens in sports, but real players know this and stay calm... Zidane lose his nerves and did that bullshit

< Message edited by Pkunzipper -- 7/11/2006 2:10:31 AM >

Post #: 359
RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany - 7/11/2006 7:36:11 AM   
Zap

Great passion in this animated thread! To bad all this energy wasted for a little round ball.

Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: 2006 World Soccer Championships in Germany Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI