Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

XML tutorial

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> XML tutorial Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
XML tutorial - 7/11/2006 3:24:16 AM   
biggerboat

Does anyone know if something like this exsists. A step by step explanation and general how to. Would love to get in there and make some tweaks but have no idea.
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: XML tutorial - 7/11/2006 3:27:53 AM   
sposfan

This is from an older version of puresim, but most if not all of it should still apply

http://p089.ezboard.com/fpuresimbaseballfrm21.showMessage?topicID=558.topic

(in reply to biggerboat)
Post #: 2
RE: XML tutorial - 7/11/2006 3:42:26 AM   
biggerboat

cool, thanks sposfan...will give it a shot

(in reply to sposfan)
Post #: 3
RE: XML tutorial - 7/11/2006 4:54:52 AM   
Deltadog

The text below was copied from the ezboard link provided above.  Can anyone explain exactly what this means.

1.  Chances for pich hitters per inning -  Are these percentages,  ? in 100 or exactly what.
2.  How is the manager type determined?  I know you can set this in mgr/GM TENDANCES, but is has been extablished that the CPU will change these settings as the season goes.  Is there a setting in the xml file that will govern how these changes are made?

Basically I want to stop the CPU mangers from Pinch hitting every other hitter as the game progresses.  The Deadball xml has not made much differance.  Any ideas?

Manager AI
Managerial tendencies are rated 1-7 in various categories - they map to the attributes of the team's manager profile.

<BASE_PINCH_HIT_CHANCE_BY_INNING v1="0" v2="0" v3="0" v4="0" v5="5" v6="5" v7="15" v8="45" v9="65"/>
Chances for pinch hitters by inning.
<MIN_PINCH_HIT_INNING v0="8" v1="7" v2="7" v3="6" v4="6" v5="5" v6="5"/>
By manager type, what is the earliest inning they will pinch hit. The 0-6 refer to the managerial preferences that are set (Very Rarely..Average.. etc)
<BASE_PINCH_HIT_CHANCE v0="-30" v1="-15" v2="-5" v3="0" v4="5" v5="15" v6="20"/>
By manager type what is the increase/decrease to the base chance they will pinch hit - adjusts the first value in this section.
<CANCEL_PINCH_HIT_IF_AHEAD_BY v0="2" v1="2" v2="3" v3="3" v4="3" v5="4" v6="5"/>
Won't pinch hit when up by this many runs, but manager type.

(in reply to biggerboat)
Post #: 4
RE: XML tutorial - 7/11/2006 5:10:37 AM   
biggerboat

I have similiar questions...there needs to be a XML For Dummies...I can't seem to make any edits...I make a copy, attempt to open it, and get an error message

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 5
RE: XML tutorial - 7/11/2006 5:26:47 AM   
henry296

To edit the XML you shoud open it Notepad.  If you double click the file it will open in a browser window and is not editable.

(in reply to biggerboat)
Post #: 6
RE: XML tutorial - 7/11/2006 6:01:43 PM   
biggerboat

that did the trick...thanks henry

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 7
RE: XML tutorial - 7/11/2006 10:35:44 PM   
SittingDuck

Here are a few tips:

1) Take the default XML and archive it (RAR is my choice)
2) Copy the XML file to the desktop or whatever and change the extension to TXT
3) Open in Notepad (I use Notepad++, a freeware program that rocks) and tweak away
4) After changes, then just save it as the original XML file - Save As> puresim.xml - in the original XML subdirectory
5) Open the XML file just to make sure it hasn't got errors (must load fully).

Now you always have that puresim.txt file to make changes on, and then just save it as the XML file and load away.

When you have a file that you really enjoy, make an archive of that so you don't lose your precious work and always have a reference to work with in the future.

I keep IE6 as the default program for XML files; I don't change the default opening program to Notepad because I want to crank on the XML file with IE just to make sure it is kosher. If you change it to Notepad as default, it will take more steps to open the XML with IE.

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 7/11/2006 10:36:58 PM >

(in reply to biggerboat)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> XML tutorial Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI