Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now available for download.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now available for download. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now available ... - 7/12/2006 12:04:34 AM   
JAMiAM

Good people,

Registered owners of TOAW III may now download version 3.0.0.17 from the Members Area. The change list for this is as below.

It's a large download, as it includes a new set of scenario files, that have had the briefings updated, so that people know which can played against the PO.

Enjoy, and thanks for supporting Matrix Games and TOAD Team.

quote:

Change List for v3.0.0.17

1. All scenarios, except those in the “Classic TOAW” folder, have had their briefings edited to
designate which sides, if any, are playable by the PO. A brief caveat is in order here. The
determination of whether a scenario is “playable” by the PO is based on two primary
considerations. First, is whether or not the scenario designer has stated that one, both, or neither
side, have been programmed to be played by the computer. The second, is that lacking a scenario
designer’s stated confirmation, there was a cursory evaluation by the TOAD QA Team, as to
whether there appeared to be any set objective paths, strategic bias settings, orders and emphases
given to the various formations of one or both sides in a scenario. In depth testing of ANY
scenario, as to its particular suitability for PO play is beyond the scope of the QA Team’s mission,
and as it is highly dependent upon the skill level of the player, best left to them to determine
whether or not the designer has done an “adequate” job of programming Elmer.

2. The assumption here, is that all scenarios in the “Classic TOAW” folder have been programmed
for PO play, on both sides, with the exception of Balkans 12, which does not have the Turkish side
programmed for PO play. Thus, none of those briefings were edited and they are in their original
state, as released in the Talonsoft versions of the TOAW: Century of Warfare - the only
conversion, being that necessary to play on the Opart 300 based executable of TOAW III.

3. A new scenario, specifically designed for TOAW III, Gothic Line 1944, by Chuck Kotraba, is
included. It, its BMP file, and associated document, are found in the “WW II – Mediterranean”
folder.

4. A new graphic choice is offered to users, for customizing their graphics. This is at the level of
scenario folder. Thus, a user may insert graphics into their scenario folder, and all scenarios
within that folder will use the modified graphics. The priority that TOAW III uses in determining
what graphics will be used for a scenario is in the following order, from highest priority, to lowest:

AltGraphics\Scenario Name
Graphics\Scenario Name
AltGraphics\Year the scenario occurs (actually, it looks backwards for the first one with
that year, just like sounds)
Graphics\Year the scenario occurs
AltGraphics
Graphics

Thus, Graphics is overridden by AltGraphics, which is overridden by Graphics\Year, and so on, back
up the list.

5. New algorithms are used to speed up the supply determination and reconstitution points of units
during the Automatic Bookkeeping Phase. A marked improvement should be seen in the amount
of time it takes to process this phase, especially on the monster scenarios.

6. Elmer will now repair bridges. Previously, he didn't want to repair them.

7. Elmer should not be as likely to attack when given a defend order.

8. Units will be routed or forced into reorganization less frequently.

9. The sound system on some systems had a stability issue. This has been addressed.
10. Changing the .exe name should not generate a version mismatch error.

11. Low Aircraft subject to Low AA fire are divided by 3.

12. High Aircraft subject to Low AA fire are divided by 3. (no change from the current situation.)

13. Added T-64A in new equipment. This will cause a version error message if playing against
people who have not updated their program to this patch, and is intentional. You should ensure
that your opponent is playing with the same patch as you are!

14. Examines and possibly fixes the following event types. They may have had errors introduced by
TOAW: Century of Warfare while converting from Opart 100 to Opart 300.
WITHDRAW_UNIT_EFFECT
DISBAND_UNIT_EFFECT
WITHDRAW_ARMY_EFFECT
SET_FORMATION_ORDERS_EFFECT
UNIT_DESTROYED_TRIGGER
SET_OBJECTIVE_1_TRACK

If the scenario is changed, a test file is written out to the scenario directory. The scenario must be
saved in order to save the changes.
Post #: 1
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 12:19:55 AM   
Dr. Foo

This one alone makes it well worth it...thanks.

Will the patch, effect ongoing PBEM games if I apply it or or should I wait unit all game are over?

*Warning: Dr. Foo is not an actual doctor.
Do not accept or follow any medical advice*

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 2
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 12:59:52 AM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr. Foo

This one alone makes it well worth it...thanks.

Will the patch, effect ongoing PBEM games if I apply it or or should I wait unit all game are over?

You can, and should, patch immediately. As should your opponents. Keep in mind that you will probably get a version check message on the first set of files back to each other. If you continue to get the messages, then you'll know that your opponent has not yet patched.

(in reply to Dr. Foo)
Post #: 3
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 1:06:29 AM   
Okimaw

So for the scenario changes do I need to open and save in the editor or just save a game file when I'm done a pbem turn?

I have returned

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 4
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 1:18:39 AM   
Menschenfresser

quote:

3. A new scenario, specifically designed for TOAW III, Gothic Line 1944, by Chuck Kotraba, is
included. It, its BMP file, and associated document, are found in the “WW II – Mediterranean”
folder.

An excellent scenario!

Make wargames, not war.

(in reply to Okimaw)
Post #: 5
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 1:33:00 AM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Okimaw

So for the scenario changes do I need to open and save in the editor or just save a game file when I'm done a pbem turn?

Just play your game as you normally would.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to Okimaw)
Post #: 6
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 4:17:17 AM   
Jeff Norton

Ah, it ain't there....

The server sprites at it again???

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 7
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 4:21:43 AM   
Jeff Norton

Never mind.... I'm a blind id-10-T (and, you can quote me on it....)

-J

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to Jeff Norton)
Post #: 8
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 4:32:50 AM   
GreenDestiny

It's soo slooow on dialup

(in reply to Jeff Norton)
Post #: 9
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 4:35:03 AM   
Johnus

I don't see the new patch in the members area. Only 3.0.0.14. Am I doing something wrong ??

(in reply to GreenDestiny)
Post #: 10
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 4:36:09 AM   
GreenDestiny

WOW… I just made it even more slower

(in reply to GreenDestiny)
Post #: 11
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 4:50:42 AM   
Chuck2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnnie

I don't see the new patch in the members area. Only 3.0.0.14. Am I doing something wrong ??

Go to "Registered Downloads", not "Patches and Updates".

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 12
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 4:55:56 AM   
CommC

Its pretty hard to find.

First you have to log in to the matrix members area.

Then you have to register your TOAW3 game with your serial number.

Then you have to select registered downloads.

Then download and install.

(in reply to Chuck2)
Post #: 13
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 4:58:27 AM   
Johnus

CommC:

Thanks, found it.

(in reply to CommC)
Post #: 14
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 5:11:48 AM   
pahom

Can I use the new patch on a clean install?

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 15
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 5:22:49 AM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: pahom

Can I use the new patch on a clean install?

Yes, the patch is cumulative.

(in reply to pahom)
Post #: 16
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 10:44:31 AM   
dobeln

Yay! :) 

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 17
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 11:33:09 AM   
Widell

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

In depth testing of ANY scenario, as to its particular suitability for PO play is beyond the scope of the QA Team’s mission, and as it is highly dependent upon the skill level of the player, best left to them to determine whether or not the designer has done an “adequate” job of programming Elmer.

Maybe a sticky thread where the findings from the players could be collected? That way, the QA team could either target the scenarios reported in that thread, or the team simply trusts the community and updates the scenario briefings at the next suitable time...

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 18
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 2:35:07 PM   
BillLottJr

On your next patch, could you add a construction engineer squad to compliment the flame-thrower wielding engineer squad that is in the game now? I would represent lightly armed or un-armed construction squads.

Added T-64A in new equipment. This will cause a version error message if playing against
people who have not updated their program to this patch, and is intentional. You should ensure
that your opponent is playing with the same patch as you are!

< Message edited by Bill II -- 7/12/2006 2:36:33 PM >

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 19
RE: Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now availa... - 7/12/2006 5:48:07 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill II

On your next patch, could you add a construction engineer squad to compliment the flame-thrower wielding engineer squad that is in the game now? I would represent lightly armed or un-armed construction squads.

This will all be moot once the game gets BioEd functionality. I already have construction teams in a lot of my modified .exes

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to BillLottJr)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Happy TOAD Tuesday! Version 3.0.0.17 is now available for download. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI