Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rally rule change idea

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Rally rule change idea Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rally rule change idea - 7/22/2000 1:56:00 AM   
von Curow

Oh, no! Not another idea for changes! Well, I was just considering how it sometimes seems like the attacker has such an advantage since he can rally his units while exchanging fire, while the defender cannot. Would it change the game too radically (and therefore be really unpopular) if the rule was changed, or the option given, to have a situation where everytime someone hits the rally button, it effects how many move points or shots they have remaining for that turn? Of course, the way the game works now this would have a much greater effect on the infantry units than on the armored units, I think. Thoughts? KC

The closer you are to Caesar, the greater the fear.
Post #: 1
- 7/22/2000 11:37:00 AM   
Ken Rutsky

Or maybe...there could be a skill check made by non-phasing units that have received supression as a result of fire on the part of the phasing player's units...might add an interesting variable to a firefight. Ken Rutsky

Though it be broken -- Broken again -- still it's there, The moon on the water Chosu

(in reply to von Curow)
Post #: 2
- 7/22/2000 9:14:00 PM   
Tomanbeg

I think it does, under certain conditions. I have pulled up next to a retreating unit, opened fire, and had the retreating unit go to pinned and start shooting back. I lost a M8 Grayhound that way. It was a 10 man german rifle squad with 4 men left. I shot it down to 3, and then it went crazy, ralled and killed my M8 with a close assault. Audie would have been proud. I was pissed. Fortunes of War. T.

"The 15th May, 1948, arrived ... On that day the mufti of Jerusalem appealed to the Arabs of Palestine to leave the country, because the Arab armies were about to enter and fight in their stead."
– The Cairo daily Akhbar el Yom, Oct. 12, 1963.
[IMG]http

(in reply to von Curow)
Post #: 3
- 7/23/2000 10:26:00 PM   
Raindem

My own 2 cents. I would prefer to see rallying done just once, at the end or beginning of each turn. That would even it out between attacker and defender. And I don't know if the AI rallies during a turn, but when I'm playing the AI, I avoid hitting the rally button just to make it more even. RD

Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.

(in reply to von Curow)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Rally rule change idea Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI