Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Harpoon Series FAQ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> RE: Harpoon Series FAQ Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 5/24/2006 4:27:56 PM   
Dimitris

Dale, another frequent question is "Is H3 a DOS game, since it looks and feels just like H2?". I think a lot of folks would like a definite clarification on that.

Upgrade options for existing users may be another hot topic.

Post #: 1
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 5/25/2006 11:13:30 PM   
Wooglin

Stupid question I hope has not already been answered ad nauseum:

Will Matrix be offering just one Harpoon version for sale (HC, H3 & etc)?
If I buy one will I get the other(s) as well?
Or do I need to make a choice?

This might be a good thing to have in the FAQ

- w
Post #: 2
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 5/27/2006 2:11:15 AM   
Sergeant

If I have my original version loaded & working -- will ANW build onto it, or will it be a completely new stand alone game requiring me to remove my original?

I remember trying to find a patch for the original Harpoon because it was a little buggy, only to discover that there were none available due to the designers/distributers being engaged in litigation (Three Sixty) over ownership rights.
Post #: 3
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 5/29/2006 5:58:11 PM   
Grotius

I'm sure this is answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it, so here goes: does ANW feature an AI, or is it multiplayer-only?
Post #: 4
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 5/29/2006 5:58:58 PM   
Grotius

Also, you mentioned higher resolutions.  My monitor's native resolution is 2560x1600, widescreen!  Can ANW go anywhere near that high in resolution?  Also, is there widescreen support in ANW?

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 5
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 6/6/2006 12:32:47 AM   
Davard74

I was wondering if there is a date set for the release, and are they taking or will they take advanced orders?
Post #: 6
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 6/14/2006 10:47:55 PM   
Erik Rutins

Please see the "Harpoon 3 Upgrade Offer!" sub-link in this forum for information on the upcoming upgrade offer for previous owners of Harpoon 3 purchased from AGSI. This offer will remain in effect for 30 days after the release of Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare from Matrix Games.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 7
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 6/15/2006 4:33:52 AM   
pad152

Whats the difference (major features) between the old Harpoon II Admiral's Edition and Harpoon III besides multi-player?

Two major issues I remember for Harpoon II, logistics nerver really worked, and elevation/hight.

ANW charged for updates (major releases), what's the furture update plans?

Whats the plan for Windows Vista, comming later this year or early next?

< Message edited by pad152 -- 6/15/2006 4:42:43 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 6/16/2006 8:30:26 PM   
Erik Rutins

FYI, the full list of changes and improvements for Harpoon 3 ANW is located here:

http://mediawiki.advancedgaming.biz/index.php/What_is_new_in_Harpoon_3_ANW

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 9
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 6/20/2006 7:35:57 PM   
Erik Rutins

Boxed Copies Now Available!

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to report that boxed copies of Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare are now available in our store. Boxed copy options (Physical + Digital and Physical Only) cost $10 US more than the Digital Download Only price. Unfortunately, there is no "upgrade" to the physical options from the digital download only. The boxed copy itself is a full color printed DVD box with an included full color printed CD that is personalized with your Order # and Serial # (so that you won't lose them).

Also, since we get this question a lot - all versions include a searchable PDF manual.

For those using the discount coupon, please note that the boxed copies can only be shipped from the US at this time due to the logistics of the discount program. If you do not want to pay for shipping from the US, then the digital download is your best option.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 10
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 7/14/2006 9:34:36 PM   
Naval Academy

Hello I'm interested in acquiring Harpoon 3 Adv. Naval Warfare here at the Naval Academy, for our Naval Warfare course.  I believe it could be a valuable addition to course material..its what I've been looking for!

Is there a point of contact that I could e-mail or speak with to get a demo version of H3ADNW?  If a demo version is unavailable, how should I go about acquiring purchase of the software.  At this point I just need to speak with the right person.

Thanks,

LT Alex Mamikonian, Instructor, United States Naval Academy

Post #: 11
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 7/14/2006 10:48:51 PM   
Vyshka

If you go to www.advancedgaming.biz you should be able to find contact info for AGSI. They have a professional version of the software as well this version. Erik and these guys here should be able to point you in the right direction. It might be this commercial version is what you are looking for as well.  

(in reply to Naval Academy)
Post #: 12
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 7/25/2006 7:50:37 PM   
Erik Rutins

Alex,

Sorry I missed this earlier. The Professional version is available directly through AGSI. If you need their contact info, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com. Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Vyshka)
Post #: 13
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 10/30/2006 12:02:49 AM   
captainfred

Two questions if I may:

1. Will later versions or perhaps later patches have some kind of background music to kill off the deadly silence whilst we're in the mids of battle.  It would surely calm the nerves ; and

2.  Will the crew member be given the ability of providing a bearing when announcing incoming contacts and threats (ie missiles, torps etc).

Capt Fred
Harpoon 3 ANW 3.7.0; Starshatter-TGS v1.0
AMD XP 2.3GHz,512Mb DDR333 RAM,GeForce 5200 256Mb,Latest RealTek® Onboard AC'97 Sound Drivers,Win XP HE

Post #: 14
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 11/2/2006 10:44:40 PM   
mikmykWS

Fred try killing harpoon sounds in your configuration and playing your music in the background (with whatever you use).

(in reply to captainfred)
Post #: 15
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 11/9/2006 5:26:05 AM   
augustus

This was mentioned quite briefly in the main FAQ post, but I would like more info on the difference between Harpoon 3 ANW and Harpoon Classic (with commander's edition coming out soon):

Specifically, you described HC as being more on the strategic level, and H3 being more of a tactical game. Can you explain more about how each game models battles/scenarios differently, such that one is more strategic and the other tactical? Even though it said that both can model large battles, there must be some difference in how units are controlled or something.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 16
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 11/9/2006 10:04:23 AM   
hermanhum

I play both versions of the game and, personally, cannot see the difference in scenario design.

Both games are able to model battles that span both sides of the Atlantic. You can make big and small scenarios with either game. Harpoon 3 allows you to make scenarios covering any part of the world while Harpoon Classic covers about 80% of the globe. The areas not covered in HC are S. America and much Africa.

(in reply to augustus)
Post #: 17
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 11/10/2006 2:27:11 AM   
mikmykWS

Plenty of differences in the games but the biggest is probably detail.

AGSI does a pretty good job differentiating the two on its pages:

http://www.advancedgaming.biz

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 18
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 1/14/2007 7:23:09 PM   
TerryV06

Is Harpoon 3 ever going to drop slightly in price or go on sale? I had all of the previous Harpoons and have hesitated to buy this at $49.

Terry
Post #: 19
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 10/8/2007 8:06:59 PM   
FransKoenz

I have a question [in fact a request]

Is it possible to create readiness times for ships and submarines? [just like the aircraft]

Cheers,
Frans.

(in reply to TerryV06)
Post #: 20
RE: Harpoon Series FAQ - 10/9/2007 7:56:45 PM   
BurntFingers

Er... why would any surface or sub unit NOT be ready?

Serving on a warship is not a nine-to-five job... come to that, any sort of military service.

I don't work here. I just collect the glasses to get a beer quicker.

(in reply to FransKoenz)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> RE: Harpoon Series FAQ Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI