Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Thread!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> RE: The Thread!!! Page: <<   < prev  511 512 [513] 514 515   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 7:52:52 PM   
niceguy2005

Interestingly enough, he tore through my Hurri squadrons, but there was a Mohawk group that gave the zeros a run for their money.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 15361
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 7:57:17 PM   
Onime No Kyo

This is true. There's some interesting dynamic involved somehow. Mohawks will tear through Zeros but Tojos will shoot them down in droves. On the converse, Oscars will trounce Hurricanes, but Tojos will have a very rough time with them. Meanwhile, 40Bs are downright invincible all around, or is that just the AVG.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 15362
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 7:57:40 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Ummm, rt........

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060714/D8IRO7NG1.html 

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 15363
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 8:04:45 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

A grumpy Coloradoan....gee thats a surprise.

HEY! We're not grumpy! We are aggressive and self-centered!!

Right

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4049404

Post #: 15364
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 8:05:46 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

This is true. There's some interesting dynamic involved somehow. Mohawks will tear through Zeros but Tojos will shoot them down in droves. On the converse, Oscars will trounce Hurricanes, but Tojos will have a very rough time with them. Meanwhile, 40Bs are downright invincible all around, or is that just the AVG.

Pilot experience is a huge factor. Mohawks in WitP will not normally stand up to zeros, not even close. I just probably got some lucky die rolls. The Hurricane squadrons that got chewed up by the KB fighters are the same ones that were trouncing his land based zeros.

P-40s are the best fighters the allies have early in the war, but they are not a match for zeros. Pilot experience is the only thing that can even the odds.

Post #: 15365
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 8:15:40 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

quote:

quote:

Right

Bridge troll, huh? Finding a couple of college guys in Boulder on hallucinogens would not be unusual. We don't have too many bridge trolls around though.

Boulder, overall, is a great city. Definitely one of the prettiest and most livable in CO.

Post #: 15366
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 8:30:46 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

P-40s are the best fighters the allies have early in the war, but they are not a match for zeros. Pilot experience is the only thing that can even the odds.

Cant really say since I only play vs the AI, but my experience was with INA units that has seen plenty of action in Burma and DEI going up against grass-green Huri squadrons from India. What invariably happens is that the Allies will weed out most of the new INA ~55xp guys and the old experienced guys will survive. I've noticed a rather realistic dynamic in that. If you reinforce a squadron with 10 new guys, most will be dead within 2 weeks, but one or two will gain lots of xp PDQ.

Post #: 15367
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 8:32:33 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Bridge troll, huh? Finding a couple of college guys in Boulder on hallucinogens would not be unusual. We don't have too many bridge trolls around though.

Boulder, overall, is a great city. Definitely one of the prettiest and most livable in CO.

True on both counts, although I never did get into skiing much after a certain incident reminicent of a Chevy Chase movie.

Post #: 15368
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 10:12:08 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Ummm, rt........

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060714/D8IRO7NG1.html

Lovely!!

Post #: 15369
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 10:50:20 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Boy, this place is slow today. Its almost as if people had lives outside of the Thread. Preposterous!

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 15370
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 10:52:22 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Let me tell you something, people. You dont take vacations from The Thread!

Post #: 15371
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 11:51:05 PM   
BrucePowers

Good afternoon fellow threadsters!

Post #: 15372
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 11:52:07 PM   
BrucePowers

Yes. Amazing as it sounds, I do have things to do besides the thread

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 15373
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 11:52:41 PM   
BrucePowers

However, I do try to keep them to a minimum.

Post #: 15374
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/15/2006 11:53:48 PM   
BrucePowers

T should be coming back soon (next couple of days maybe, hopefully)

Post #: 15375
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 12:17:48 AM   
Onime No Kyo

And wont he be amazed by whats we've done with the place.

Post #: 15376
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 12:18:05 AM   
rtrapasso

I can't believe he didn't take along a laptop and a satphone so he could stay in touch with the forum...

Wife wants to be fed and go to Mall... oh-uh...

Post #: 15377
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 12:19:47 AM   
Onime No Kyo

.....and that it can actually survive without him.

Post #: 15378
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 12:21:47 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

I can't believe he didn't take along a laptop and a satphone so he could stay in touch with the forum...

Mall?! You know what that means?! "Honey, does this make my butt look big?"

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 15379
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 12:22:29 AM   
Onime No Kyo

'No. Your butt makes your butt look big" -Jeff Foxworthy

Post #: 15380
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 3:12:26 AM   
scott64

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Right

Boulder is a whole another country all together.

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

Post #: 15381
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 5:06:12 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

Mall?! You know what that means?! "Honey, does this make my butt look big?"

Back from the Mall - that was strange. i walked around for an hour, checking out things that normally interest me, however:

1) All the music stores have vanished!!
2) All the video stores are closed!!! (one was actually "closed for remodelling" - but looked just shut down.
3) There were two game stores - but one was actually a boardgame store. The other game store had all 4 walls filled up with X-box, Nintendo, etc. There was one shelf towards the back of the store that had some PC games!!

Post #: 15382
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 3:16:20 PM   
rtrapasso

Let's try this again - the last one didn't go through...

Beware of the Bureaucrats:

This is an actual letter sent to a man named Ryan DeVries by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Quality, State of Pennsylvania. This guy's response is hilarious, but read the State's letter before you get to the response letter.

SUBJECT: DEQ File No.97-59-0023; T11N; R10W, Sec. 20; Lycoming County

Dear Mr. DeVries:

It has come to the attention of the Department of Environmental Quality that there has been recent unauthorized activity on the above referenced parcel of property. You have been certified as the legal landowner and/or contractor who did the following unauthorized activity:

Construction and maintenance of two wood debris dams across the outlet stream of Spring Pond.

A permit must be issued prior to the start of this type of activity.

A review of the Department's files shows that no permits have been issued. Therefore, the Department has determined that this activity is in violation of Part 301, Inland Lakes and Streams, of the Natural Resource and Environmental Protection Act, Act 451 of the Public Acts of 1994, being sections 324.30101 to 324.30113 of the Pennsylvania Compiled Laws, annotated.!

The Department has been informed that one or both of the dams partially failed during a recent rain event, causing debris and flooding at downstream locations. We find that dams of this nature are inherently hazardous and cannot be permitted. The Department therefore orders you to cease and desist all activities at this location, and to restore the stream to a free-flow condition by removing all wood and brush forming the dams from the stream channel. All restoration work shall be completed no later than January 31, 2006.

Please notify this office when the restoration has been completed so that a follow-up site inspection may be scheduled by our staff.

Failure to comply with this request or any further unauthorized activity on the site may result in this case being referred for elevated enforcement action..

We anticipate and would appreciate your full cooperation in this matter. Please feel free to contact me at this office if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
David L. Price
District Representative and Water Management Division.

Here is the actual response sent back by Mr. DeVries:

Re: DEQ File No. 97-59-0023; T11N; R10W, Sec. 20; Lycoming County

Dear Mr. Price,

Your certified letter dated 12/17/96 has been handed to me to respond to. I am the legal landowner but not the Contractor at 2088 Dagget Lane, Trout Run, Pennsylvania.

A couple of beavers are in the (State unauthorized) process of constructing and maintaining two wood "debris" dams across the outlet stream of my Spring Pond. While I did not pay for, authorize, nor supervise their dam project, I think they would be highly offended that you call their skillful use of natures building materials "debris." I would like to challenge your department to attempt to emulate their dam project any time and/or any place you choose. I believe I can safely state there is no way you could ever match their dam skills, their dam resourcefulness, their dam ingenuity, their dam persistence, their dam determination and/or their dam work ethic.

As to your request, I do not think the beavers are aware that they must first fill out a dam permit prior to the start of this type of dam activity.

My first dam question to you is:
(1) Are you trying to discriminate against my Spring Pond Beavers.
(2) Or do you require all beavers throughout this State to conform to said dam request?

If you are not discriminating against these particular beavers, through the Freedom of Information Act, I request completed copies of all those other applicable beaver dam permits that have been issued. Perhaps we will see if there really is a dam violation of Part 301, Inland Lakes and Streams, of the Natural Resource and Environmental Protection Act, Act 451 of the Public Acts of 1994, being sections 324.30101 to 324.30113 of the Pennsylvania Compiled Laws, annotated.

I have several concerns. My first concern is; aren't the beavers entitled to legal representation? The Spring Pond Beavers are financially destitute and are unable to pay for said representation -- so the State will have to provide them with a dam lawyer. The Department's dam concern that either one or both of the dams failed during a recent rain event, causing flooding, is proof that this is a natural occurrence, which the Department is required to protect. In other words, we should leave the Spring Pond Beavers alone rather than harassing them and calling their dam names.

If you want the stream "restored" to a dam free-flow condition please contact the beavers -- but if you are going to arrest them, they obviously did not pay any attention to your dam letter, they being unable to read English.

In my humble opinion, the Spring Pond Beavers have a right to build their unauthorized dams as long as the sky is blue, the grass is green and water flows downstream. They have more dam rights than I do to live and enjoy Spring Pond. If the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection lives up to its name, it should protect the natural resources (Beavers) and the environment (Beavers' Dams).

So, as far as the beavers and I are concerned, this dam case can be referred for more elevated enforcement action right now. Why wait until 1/31/2006? The Spring Pond Beavers may be under the dam ice then and there will be no way for you or your dam staff to contact/harass them then.

In conclusion, I would like to bring to your attention to a real environmental quality, health, problem in the area. It is the bears! Bears are actually defecating in our woods. I definitely believe you should be persecuting the defecating bears and leave the beavers alone.

If you are going to investigate the beaver dam, watch your step! The bears are not careful where they dump!

Being unable to comply with your dam request, and being unable to contact you on your dam answering machine, I am sending this response to your dam office.

THANK YOU.
RYAN DEVRIES & THE DAM BEAVERS

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 7/16/2006 3:17:43 PM >

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 15383
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 3:31:21 PM   
niceguy2005

Robert. I sense a tad bit of resentment on this guys part toward government...course who could blame him.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 15384
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 3:55:23 PM   
BrucePowers

Good morning threadsters.

Post #: 15385
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 3:56:58 PM   
BrucePowers

I was not around much yesterday. Had things to do then family took me to Margaritaville for dinner. It was very nce.

< Message edited by BrucePowers -- 7/16/2006 4:06:58 PM >

Post #: 15386
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 4:07:38 PM   
BrucePowers

So Niceguy, how goes the defense of Ceylon?

Post #: 15387
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 6:03:49 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Back from the Mall - that was strange. i walked around for an hour, checking out things that normally interest me, however:

1) All the music stores have vanished!!
2) All the video stores are closed!!! (one was actually "closed for remodelling" - but looked just shut down.
3) There were two game stores - but one was actually a boardgame store. The other game store had all 4 walls filled up with X-box, Nintendo, etc. There was one shelf towards the back of the store that had some PC games!!

Welcome to a world run by teenagers, sir.

I'll give you a few more.

1) Why are all jeans in any given clothing store made so that they could fit two of me despite the fact that they are labled as being my size? And who in the world is "Makaveli"?

2) Who wears those neon colored shirts anyway?

3) Why does it seem that the book store employees look like the have never read a book in their entire life?

4) Why do those annoying cell phone stand people insist on adressing me as "bro", as in "Hey bro, what phone you got?"? Is it because I look to be under 40?

5) Why do 15 year old girls insits on wearing clothes that make me, a complete stranger, ashamed that they would go out in public like this?

And so on, and so forth.

And good laugh about those beavers.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 15388
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 8:56:48 PM   
scott64

I can't stand people who wear their pants around their ankles. Sometimes I want to walk up to them and give them an atomic wedggie.

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

Post #: 15389
RE: The Thread!!! - 7/16/2006 9:09:03 PM   
BrucePowers

Hi T! Welcome back.!! Howwas Ireland?

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 15390
Page:   <<   < prev  511 512 [513] 514 515   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> RE: The Thread!!! Page: <<   < prev  511 512 [513] 514 515   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI