Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Draft

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Draft Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Draft - 7/16/2006 6:21:47 PM   
rickm

Is there really no way to view the amateur draft pool before starting the draft? At a minimum you should be able to view the pool, even better would be the option to export the players to Excel or csv before having to start picking players. Additionally, it also appears that once you start the draft you can not exit the draft and come back later to finish it. I'm really surprised that a game designed to be in part a GM simulation is so bare bones on the draft. The game is really growing on me, but from my own personal standpoint, it could use a complete draft overhaul - a full featured draft module would be nice for both amateur and initial drafts.

Thanks.

< Message edited by rickm -- 7/16/2006 6:22:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Draft - 7/16/2006 6:41:17 PM   
SittingDuck

Try the Players menu screen.

(in reply to rickm)
Post #: 2
RE: Draft - 7/16/2006 9:50:05 PM   
Abev

quote:

ORIGINAL: rickm

Is there really no way to view the amateur draft pool before starting the draft? At a minimum you should be able to view the pool, even better would be the option to export the players to Excel or csv before having to start picking players. Additionally, it also appears that once you start the draft you can not exit the draft and come back later to finish it. I'm really surprised that a game designed to be in part a GM simulation is so bare bones on the draft. The game is really growing on me, but from my own personal standpoint, it could use a complete draft overhaul - a full featured draft module would be nice for both amateur and initial drafts.

Thanks.

Good ideas rickm. I like them. Maybe a "complete overhaul" is a bit much, but more features would be nice.

Keep in mind that the game is written by one person as a second job. The great thing about PS is Shaun listens to us and is constantly evolving the game.

(in reply to rickm)
Post #: 3
RE: Draft - 7/17/2006 3:49:12 AM   
rickm

Thanks for the info SittingDuck. Now help me out, I'm at the amateur draft and have opened up the players screen. I can sort by team and from that determine all of the unaffiliated players, which I assume includes the draft pool players, but I don't see any way to tell for sure. I can also sort by age and look for the youngest, but in a historical sim that isn't a good way to find rookies as many new players entered the league (and therefore a PureSim draft) at a later age. I could open the draft to find the names, but then I'd be forced to finish the draft right then which would defeat the purpose. If there is any other way in the game to find out who is in the draft from the players screen I'd sure appreciate a heads-up.

Thanks Abev, here are some of the things I'd like to see in a draft module:

*Ability to view and export the draft pool players without starting the draft.
*Ability to save and return to an unfinished draft at a later time.
*Ability to see who was drafted before my pick and see which teams are coming up next.
*Ability to view a rookie's player card and see his real career stats (historical sim).
*Ability to dynamicaly trade draft picks during the draft and during the season.
*Ability to view my roster (already in PureSim) and other teams' rosters (not yet) as well without exiting the draft.

I'll admit to being a draftnik, I love the draft in all sports and it's usually my favorite aspect of a sports sim, even in sports like Baseball where it has less of an immediate impact than football - so I'm biased. While PureSim certainly doesn't need to change the draft module to be a great game, it could sure stand some improvement in my eyes just to get up to passable.

Thanks.

<edit> spelling.

< Message edited by rickm -- 7/17/2006 3:48:03 PM >

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Draft Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI