Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Someone please help!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Someone please help!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Someone please help!!! - 7/15/2006 6:03:04 PM   
staaby30

I downloaded the demo and had absolutely NO problems with game play whatsoever. Then, I went back and purchased the game. Now the problem I am having is this: Everything starts fine--I can navigate anywhere and check anything. But when I go to the games screen and sim that day's games, it sims them and goes to the next day. But I can't go back and check the calendar to see the results of the day before. In other words, the calendar isn't even there. Not only that, none of the global option buttons work either. Also, I can't exit out of the game without control-alt-delete. If I exit and get back in, everything's fine again until I sim a day's games. I have tried version 1.0, 1.1 and 1.18, and get the same problem everytime.
Please help--it's driving me nuts!!!!

Craig
Post #: 1
RE: Someone please help!!! - 7/15/2006 7:20:24 PM   
SittingDuck

Would suggest (if you haven't done it already), removing the demo, restart, install PS2007 and upgrades, and restart.  A totally clean install with rebooting.

(in reply to staaby30)
Post #: 2
RE: Someone please help!!! - 7/15/2006 11:11:22 PM   
staaby30

Thanks, but it didn't help. Could be a problem with a particular association? I'm using the all-time greats PSA.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 3
RE: Someone please help!!! - 7/15/2006 11:20:16 PM   
puresimmer

That *is* strange.

If you have tried a full uninstall / reboot / reinstall then you may also want to make sure you have all the latest Windows updates installed.

Lastly, maybe try creating a new association (something small like 4 teams) to see if it is related to the association.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to staaby30)
Post #: 4
RE: Someone please help!!! - 7/15/2006 11:28:38 PM   
staaby30

Shaun:

I'm almost embarrased to admit this, but I stopped updating windows XP when they came out with Service Pack 2. I just don't like the way it makes my computer behave, so I restored it to pre-sp2 status. Is there something specific that you know of that I can download to fix this?

Also: I don't understand what IE6 or 7 has to do with running the game--can you explain? I have IE 6 on my machine, but my default browser is Firefox. Could this be the problem?

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Someone please help!!! - 7/16/2006 12:10:17 AM   
puresimmer

The game actually uses IE for its user interface components, so that can have an impact.

When I release the next update I'll release another debug version that we can hopefully use to further diagnose what is going on.

I apologize for your troubles.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to staaby30)
Post #: 6
RE: Someone please help!!! - 7/16/2006 4:38:47 AM   
staaby30

Hey Shaun!!!

I got it!!! After reading your post I took your advice and went to Windows update--only had 50 updates to download since the last time I was there!! Unfortunately, that didn't help. Tried your next suggestion--created a new association with four teams. Worked perfectly. Hmmm....could it be the PSA file? Tried another association--worked perfectly AGAIN!! Thought I'd just send you the team greats association file, but the link didn't work. Thought for the heck of it I'd try the little button that says "compact association database". Don't know what it does, exactly, but whatever it did, IT WORKED!!!! So thanks for all your help. I look forward to enjoying the game now.

Craig

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 7
RE: Someone please help!!! - 7/17/2006 8:22:25 PM   
burgfan

Dying to play here, but I'm not uninstalling IE7. What's up with that man? Where do I find this public beta 1.19? Please help.

(in reply to staaby30)
Post #: 8
RE: Someone please help!!! - 7/17/2006 11:53:06 PM   
SittingDuck

You don't have to uninstall IE7. Let me check around for the latest v1.19 link (which is IE7 compliant).

We need mods around here. It's falling apart, what with beta links not working and all...

Here's the link: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1188729

I initially had the same problem. Beta links are stickied at the top in the main forum, for future reference.

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 7/17/2006 11:54:50 PM >

(in reply to burgfan)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Someone please help!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI