Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any programmers out there?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Any programmers out there? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any programmers out there? - 7/9/2006 7:15:28 PM   
puresimmer

PureSim's addin model allows for some pretty cool mods to be created in the game, but besides a few guys, it was never really used much. Are there any programmers (VB6, VB.NET, C#, SQL) out there that would be interetsed in developing some addins?

If so I will go ahead and go through the chore of updating the documentation on how to write an addin and the addin database structure etc.

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/9/2006 7:32:05 PM   
WYBaugh

Hey Shaun,

I'm a C#/VB.NET/SQL developer irl...if I can help, just let me know.

Bill

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/9/2006 7:39:04 PM   
Nomo Ootp

Shaun,

By profession I am a AS/400 RPG programmer, DEC ALPHA/VAX Basic, C, Cobol programmer and specialize in ERP packages and conversions.

But I have a copy of Visual Studio 6 at home and have been playing around with it for some time. I was looking at the addin code and samples and was going to get a few things looked at for the game after my I get time to load the game, load VS6 and work slows down a tad. But I am willing to help make this game better.

I am limited though to using VB6 because I do not have the .net products yet.

I have some ideas lined up but want to make sure that it is doable before I put anything out here on the boards.......

I would greatly appreciate any updated information....I waited a few years for another company to open up the data and then when they did I found myself playing PureSim instead..... I hope to be a 3rd party mod contributor to help make this program soar.......

Regards,

Steve Rohde

< Message edited by Nomo Ootp -- 7/9/2006 7:43:18 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/9/2006 10:54:55 PM   
hano13

I am a .NET developer. I don't have a lot of spare time, but I'd love to contribute to this great product wherever I can.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/13/2006 7:46:04 AM   
CrashDavis

Yes, please!!! Was hoping you would do an update to the add-in Samples/Doc's, Shaun. Please!!!

(in reply to hano13)
Post #: 5
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/13/2006 6:10:55 PM   
Nukester

I am a programmer by trade, but I never really did any mod/add in work for anything outside of a couple of things I wrote a few years back for an online league I was in. After coding all day usually the last thing I want to do is code when I get home, but I would certainly be interested in seeing how you are making some of your stuff, if only to learn something from a programmer of your caliber.

I have experience in VB6, Oracle, Visual FoxPro, SQL, some Java, and am studying up on C# now. I do have Visual Studio.NET at home

< Message edited by Nukester -- 7/13/2006 6:12:00 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 6
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/13/2006 8:20:47 PM   
Abev

I am not a programmer but I still write vb6, sql and asp/html for fun (fun?). Would like to do some creating. Made a few addins, plus the always evolving SimScheduler.

Link to my addins thread

< Message edited by Abev -- 7/13/2006 8:22:23 PM >

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 7
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/14/2006 2:50:44 AM   
dickysty

No not really but I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night!

God I'm so lame

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 8
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/14/2006 3:17:43 AM   
SittingDuck

I love add-ins.  Those who make they have my full appreciation.  They really add to the game.

(in reply to dickysty)
Post #: 9
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/14/2006 4:16:11 AM   
XCom

Same here. Not a programmer but willing to be an idea guy, a tester...whatever is needed to help out those who can.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

I love add-ins.  Those who make they have my full appreciation.  They really add to the game.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 10
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/16/2006 6:52:11 AM   
Deltadog

quote:

Are add-ins available somewhere? I know of the fours sample add-ins that come in the game, but are there others? If so where might they be found?

Thanks

(in reply to XCom)
Post #: 11
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/16/2006 8:33:12 AM   
akcranker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

quote:

I love add-ins. Those who make they have my full appreciation. They really add to the game.

Are add-ins available somewhere? I know of the fours sample add-ins that come in the game, but are there others? If so where might they be found?

Thanks

Here's a link to a thread Abev created with some add-ins he made. Thier great, go check them out http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1194029

Also go check out Padrefans site that has alot of goodies for Puresim

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 12
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/16/2006 4:03:33 PM   
Abev

thanks ak.

Shaun I think it would be great if you give and extra tab on the player card for 3rd party addins. I have thought of a few addins but there are specific to the player; going back and forth to the addin menu would be a chore.

Where their ever scouting reports in PS? With the extra levels of minors and so many to keep track of (give me more) I would like to create a scouting report that takes into consideration their ratings, stats, improvments in both rating and stats, a dash of rnd, and a bunch of canned text scouting reports. "Showing improvement in his power. Projected 5 hitter." "Flat curveball. Fastball has no hop. Career minor leaguer."

There could be a comparison of ratings and some elaborate alogrithm which would point to the canned txt responses. The best thing about the scouting report is none of it has to be accurate But it could definately help the GM make a decision or two.

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 13
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/16/2006 5:37:22 PM   
Deltadog

Thanks for the response.  After asking the question, I found those on PadraFans site.  I guess they were not there the last time I was looked.

Suggestions for add-ins I would like to see: (No programming knowledge).  These might not be possible or might not require an add-in, but I have not found a way.

1.  Print game logs on paper or to a file where they can be read outside the game and perhaps searched for key words.
2.  (Second suggestion deleted as I finally found it in the game.)

< Message edited by Deltadog -- 7/16/2006 7:33:39 PM >

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 14
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/19/2006 5:03:35 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Abev
Shaun I think it would be great if you give and extra tab on the player card for 3rd party addins. I have thought of a few addins but there are specific to the player; going back and forth to the addin menu would be a chore.

That's weird. I was doing a deep dive on the addin and expantion pack extensibility code this weekend and I had that same exact thought!

I love this stuff so you may see that soon. I still need to writeup a Visual Basic 2005 Express edition (free at Microsoft) addin tutorial. PureSim supports .NET 2.0 based customizations 100%.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 15
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/19/2006 5:55:48 AM   
matt0177

Have mostly done web (php & html) and sql stuff, but am really thinking about messing with the mods for this game.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 16
RE: Any programmers out there? - 7/19/2006 6:42:57 AM   
Abev

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

That's weird. I was doing a deep dive on the addin and expantion pack extensibility code this weekend and I had that same exact thought!

I love this stuff so you may see that soon. I still need to writeup a Visual Basic 2005 Express edition (free at Microsoft) addin tutorial. PureSim supports .NET 2.0 based customizations 100%.

umm that would be friggin sweet! I am building up my vb6 code addin and I am dying to put it into the player card. I am a ways off yet, but if I can get the idea translated into code I may have something very interesting.

Can I write the addin with the intention of being able to get the data from the player card as opposed to the whole team from the addin screen?

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Any programmers out there? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI