Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game won't start after a patch & a mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Game won't start after a patch & a mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/19/2006 9:22:02 AM   
middlega

Not sure which of two events has created my problem but I'm hoping there'll be a solution.

I go to grab the new patch (1.20) & install it, decide to grab one of the face packs from one of the third-party sites & install it too.

I install the face pack just fine (apparently)
I install the patch just fine (apparently)

I hit the "Quick Start" option in my Start Menu & get a message about how there's new images in the mods folder (or something like that) and that the game needs to rebuild the image database file which may take a few seconds.

Now over an hour later I stil can't get the game to start.
Well, that's not quite true: "PureSim Baseball 2007 is already running" is the message I get when trying to open it. Check my processes & sure enough, there it is, running merrily along at 85,640k Mem Usage ... except that I can't access it or see it anywhere except the Windows Task Mgr.

Don't know which one has screwed it up, the face pack installation or the patch, but I'd sure love a solution.

I've tried shutting it down through Task Manager & re-starting it but it still just runs "invisibly", for lack of a better word. I've tried unzipping the face pack again, hoping that if something was hung up in there it would pick up where it left off & complete that task but no luck with that either. I've tried starting from "Game Menu" instead of "Quick Start", I've tried bypassing the shortcuts altogether & starting from the application, still nothing except the same invisibly running program.

Sigh.
Post #: 1
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/19/2006 9:58:59 AM   
jono

I am having the same problem after installing just the patch.  I hit play on the game menu and after nothing happens after 5 minutes i hit play again and get the message Puresim Baseball 2007 is already running.

(in reply to middlega)
Post #: 2
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/19/2006 2:45:32 PM   
puresimmer

I can't duplicate this. Can you guys try a few things:

- Reboot
- Make sure you are up to date with the latest Windows updates
- If that doesn't work can you be sure to disable any antivirus software and launch the game again, just to make sure there is not some sort of conflict.

If none of that works I have posted a debug version of the game here:

http://www.psmultiplayer.150m.com/puresim2k7_v120_Debug.zip

- Unzip the exe in that zip file and copy it into your PureSim2007 folder. It could possibly give us more information on the issue (though I am not super-confident it will)

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 3
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/19/2006 6:29:20 PM   
middlega

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer
I can't duplicate this. Can you guys try a few things:
- Reboot
- Make sure you are up to date with the latest Windows updates
- If that doesn't work can you be sure to disable any antivirus software and launch the game again, just to make sure there is not some sort of conflict.

Done, done, and done. Same result.

quote:

If none of that works I have posted a debug version of the game here ... - Unzip the exe in that zip file and copy it into your PureSim2007 folder. It could possibly give us more information on the issue (though I am not super-confident it will)

Done. Same result. I see no sign that anything actually happened, but there's "puresim2k7.exe" running in my processes, with 81,928 Mem Usage. It's there & it's running, but it's not actually doing anything that can be seen, never even appears as a running window at the bottom of the screen.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/19/2006 8:02:14 PM   
middlega

Found it ... after seeing this mentioned in the regular forum I decided to doublecheck on the WinXP updates. Turns out that Service Pack 2 had been downloaded (which I remembered) but had never been installed.

So, after the loooong install for it, rebooted & tried again, PureSim loads and RUNS. Yay !

(in reply to middlega)
Post #: 5
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/19/2006 8:16:00 PM   
jono

I tried installing the debug.zip and got this message
An unexpected error has occured in this application:

Error 48
Description: File not found: randomad.dll
Project: Puresim2k7
Module: CRandom2
Procedure: reSeed
Line: 27
Version: 1.2.0
It then tells me to paste information on clipboard to send error report and I can't find clipboard.
My OS is windows 98 if that makes any difference

(in reply to middlega)
Post #: 6
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/19/2006 9:51:53 PM   
SittingDuck

Ummm, I think we should have the mention of ''Windows XP Service Pack2' necessary for game usage' included in any beta or official patch info.

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 7
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/19/2006 10:19:12 PM   
bodeka

quote:

ORIGINAL: middlega

Not sure which of two events has created my problem but I'm hoping there'll be a solution.

I go to grab the new patch (1.20) & install it, decide to grab one of the face packs from one of the third-party sites & install it too.

I install the face pack just fine (apparently)
I install the patch just fine (apparently)

I hit the "Quick Start" option in my Start Menu & get a message about how there's new images in the mods folder (or something like that) and that the game needs to rebuild the image database file which may take a few seconds.

Now over an hour later I stil can't get the game to start.
Well, that's not quite true: "PureSim Baseball 2007 is already running" is the message I get when trying to open it. Check my processes & sure enough, there it is, running merrily along at 85,640k Mem Usage ... except that I can't access it or see it anywhere except the Windows Task Mgr.

Don't know which one has screwed it up, the face pack installation or the patch, but I'd sure love a solution.

I've tried shutting it down through Task Manager & re-starting it but it still just runs "invisibly", for lack of a better word. I've tried unzipping the face pack again, hoping that if something was hung up in there it would pick up where it left off & complete that task but no luck with that either. I've tried starting from "Game Menu" instead of "Quick Start", I've tried bypassing the shortcuts altogether & starting from the application, still nothing except the same invisibly running program.

Sigh.

1.20 patch??? Where is that at? I only know of 1.19. Still haven't ever been able to get the game to load. Thanks
OK...I FOUND THE 2K7 1.2 ON THE downloads catalog screen...but when you click the line it just gives you a screen telling about the game with nothing to dl. At least I couldn't find it. Mercy. So hard to find the latest patch.

< Message edited by bodeka -- 7/19/2006 10:24:36 PM >

(in reply to middlega)
Post #: 8
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/19/2006 10:24:33 PM   
SittingDuck

Check the main forum and one of the first few threads at the top of the discussion.

(in reply to bodeka)
Post #: 9
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/19/2006 10:49:00 PM   
bodeka

I found it a few minutes after my post. Hope it works. Thanks

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 10
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/20/2006 3:03:30 AM   
jono

Debug.zip gave me this message

An unexpected error has occured in this application:

Error 48
Description: File not found: randomad.dll
Project: Puresim2k7
Module: CRandom2
Procedure: reSeed
Line: 27
Version: 1.2.0

I then fill out the clipboard and when I try to continue the clipboard disappears and I get a box telling me to paste the clipboard info into the box and send it.
My OS is Windows 98

(in reply to bodeka)
Post #: 11
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/20/2006 3:16:18 AM   
puresimmer

Is the file "randomad.dll" in your PureSim2007 folder?

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 12
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/20/2006 3:23:12 AM   
jono

Yes, it's in a folder that looks like it has 2 gears on it, in the Puresim2007 folder

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 13
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/20/2006 3:23:20 AM   
puresimmer

By the way, did you uninstall PureSim before applying the patch? If so, then be sure to re-install a full release and then re-apply the patch.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 14
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/20/2006 3:25:25 AM   
jono

Did not uninstall Puresim, installed it on top of beta 1.18 which was working before I tried to upgrade.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 15
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/20/2006 5:09:49 AM   
RedArgo

I am having the same problem, running Windows 2000 sp4 with all the updates. I tried uninstalling PS2007 and reinstalling the game and patch 1.20, but it didn't fix the problem. I didn't have any issues with 1.1 patch. Thanks.

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 16
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/20/2006 2:20:14 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jono

Yes, it's in a folder that looks like it has 2 gears on it, in the Puresim2007 folder

Can you post a screenshot of that folder. Randomad.dll should not be in a folder.

There are like 3 people that have had this problem and I have yet to figure it out. 99% of the others are fine.

I wonder if it is a Win98/2000 compatibility issue.

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 17
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/20/2006 5:17:19 PM   
jono

It's not really a folder, more like a piece of paper with the upper right corner folded with a picture of one white and one yellow gear on it.  How do I do a screenshot?  Computer illiterate.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 18
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/20/2006 8:59:01 PM   
Deltadog

You can make a screen shot by opening the folder in question in windows explorer and then pressing the PrtSc key. This places the image on the windows clipbord. Then open a graphics program like windows paint and past the image in the clipboard to it and then save it where you can find it as a jpg or gif file.

See an image of my folder below. I have extensions turned on so you can see that the icon your described is a dll file.

Puresimmer wrote, "Can you post a screenshot of that folder. Randomad.dll should not be in a folder. "

Note that file is in my Puresim folder and I am having no problems running the game with the 1.20 patch?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 19
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/20/2006 9:44:54 PM   
JMAV

Posted this elsewhere...but fits here also..

I have one computer, desktop, that has all current updates...I downloaded the update without doing anything except disabling my firewall and all is fine...

On my laptop, however, which is XP just like desktop, I have the "invisible" game running as mentioned above. Disabled ALL virus protection...only difference is this system (lap) does not have current updates past XP SP1...I will upgrade to SP2 this evening...but I am pretty darn sure this is the core of all evils...as many others have suggested.

And yes, uninstall, reinstall, leave it alone, whatever...none of that makes a difference.

I am farely sure that once I update to SP2 all will be fine on my lap...err..laptop that is...all of a sudden I find myself thinking of a local establishment, if you know what I mean!

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 20
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/21/2006 3:16:16 AM   
jono

Thank you Deltadog.  I still can't figure out to do it but randomad.dll in mine looks like the dll and ocx thingees in your screen shot except the gears in mine are white and yellow instead of green and orange.
I'm assuming that the Prtsc key on your keyboard is the same as the little tiny print screen key on the top of my keyboard that comes after the F keys.  I punch it while in Windows Explorer and nothing happens.

(in reply to JMAV)
Post #: 21
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/22/2006 2:40:37 PM   
puresimmer

Did you guys try disabling ZoneAlarm?

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 22
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/22/2006 3:51:38 PM   
jono

I don't have any kind of firewall or virus protection either for that matter.  This computer was just for the wife to play Pogo on.  My mother-in-law went on hospice a few months ago and the wife took the good computer with her when she went to help take care of her.  The mother-in-law has no AOL or Roadrunner so there was no way for the wife to play Pogo and this computer is too old and feeble for her to play the Sims 2 on.  So within a year the good computer will probably be back and I'll be a happy camper again.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 23
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/22/2006 4:13:35 PM   
henry296

jono,

After hitting the print screen button open Paint and paste the image into that file and then save the image and post.

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 24
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/22/2006 4:22:14 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jono

I don't have any kind of firewall or virus protection either for that matter.  This computer was just for the wife to play Pogo on.  My mother-in-law went on hospice a few months ago and the wife took the good computer with her when she went to help take care of her.  The mother-in-law has no AOL or Roadrunner so there was no way for the wife to play Pogo and this computer is too old and feeble for her to play the Sims 2 on.  So within a year the good computer will probably be back and I'll be a happy camper again.

I'm still digging on my end, hang in there.

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 25
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/23/2006 6:04:08 PM   
puresimmer

Fixed!

Grab the latest 1.24 patch and you should be gtg if you aree a Win 98/ME guy.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 26
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/23/2006 8:27:54 PM   
PadresFan104

Doesn't affect me, but.... nice job!!!!!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 27
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/25/2006 8:48:28 PM   
samjerky

OK ... where do we get patches other than v1.2 on the matrix website?

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 28
RE: Game won't start after a patch & a mod - 7/25/2006 10:54:39 PM   
akcranker

check here for the link

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1205018

(in reply to samjerky)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Game won't start after a patch & a mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI