Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming thread!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming thread! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/28/2006 9:29:29 PM   
PadresFan104

How could I forget this one...

Mention key events in the PbP such as:

- a no hitter
- a perfect game
- carreer milestones
- multi homer games
- 10+ K's

etc.

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 31
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/28/2006 9:36:16 PM   
verizon32

Shaun
I know you said you probably can't change this for 2007

But hopefully for 2008.

On the play by play screen.

The play by play screen that describes the game, still doesn't show the player updated stats that happen during the play by play game. It seems to show what his stat was prior to the game he is currently playing.

Also when you click on a player name, the player card is not being updated with current stats that happening during the play by play game.

Post #: 32
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/28/2006 10:40:33 PM   
salmon

The opportunity to play head to head on the Internet

Post #: 33
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/28/2006 11:01:28 PM   
rwd59

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nukester

Whatever you do, DONT turn this into World Cup Baseball

I second that!!!!!!

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 34
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/28/2006 11:02:55 PM   
rwd59

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomo Ootp

Would like to see player development and ratings change throughout the season.  

I'll second, third, or fourth this one!

(in reply to Nomo Ootp)
Post #: 35
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/28/2006 11:15:54 PM   
rwd59

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Matrix has been great to work with and PureSim Baseball 2007 has now far surpassed the sales numbers of any previous version. I think we have some real momentum here! It has been interesting to see all the new faces, and even more interesting to see how sales have picked up so much after a bit of a slow start.

A combination of word of mouth, a poor showing by a competitor in the genre, some more review coverage and the All Star break promotion have really propelled PureSim into a place its never been sales-wise. A nice review in this months PC Gamer magazine should provide a good spike as well. PureSim was rated almost 30 points higher than its primary competition by PC Gamer!

This is the best I have ever felt about PureSim's potential, to the point where maybe this time next year I'll be considering doing this full time :)

I'm happy for you. I have come around and checked out the game for a few years now. I bought the 2004 and 2007 versions. To be honest, it has always been problems with OOTP that brought me here but it is now this game that will bring me back. Whatever you do don't make the game overly complicated to play. I want a game that I can sit down at and play not another job. I'm like NOMO in that I just don't believe I will be going back. I don't see them changing back their direction and I just don't really care for the turn the game has made. Now as far as this game goes, I would love to see expanded rosters in September. It would be nice to have some of the other roster things like waivers, and DFA. But I could live without those. Maybe some kind of minor league engine so rookies that import low with great potential won't always get shelled with awful stats. The need for in season development is very important as well. When I think of more I'll add them.

< Message edited by rwd59 -- 7/28/2006 11:16:53 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 36
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/28/2006 11:32:05 PM   
Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

Expand the managerial options by giving us the "Run & Hit" in addition to the "Hit & Run", even if there are 2 outs.

From Wikipedia:
A related play is the less formal run and hit, similar to the hit and run, except with a fast runner on first base who is capable of stealing. The batter is given the option of hitting, with prior knowledge that the runner will be moving with the pitch. This differs from a straight steal in that the batter is encouraged to swing, instead of being prevented from swinging.

This along with double steals and the squeeze play, is a must!

Post #: 37
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/28/2006 11:35:00 PM   
Claymore Cut

40 Man Active rosters and Roster expansion in September

This will hopefully make it into next years version, as it is one of the "big 2" reasons why you don't have as much of the marketplace as you should (the other being being players developing during the season).

Please put this feature in!

(in reply to Claymore Cut)
Post #: 38
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/28/2006 11:35:53 PM   
jwarrenw13

A by-league filter for the statistics page for two-league associations.

(in reply to Claymore Cut)
Post #: 39
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/28/2006 11:57:04 PM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: Abev
I wish for this more than once a day. Without access to the big picture, I have to believe that daily feedback will improve the PS experience. How many times has there been threads where we just have to guess or assume an answer? Maybe some questions are best left unanswered, but some require a definative response.

Even if its just an ultra basic newbie question, that, with a quick response, keeps them interested and keeps them playing, which makes them a contributor to the message board, which develops a fan, which makes them a repeat customer.

Abev,

Timely post. I was chatting with Shaun about this exact subject today. I think it's going to be up to many of us "regular" posters to pick up the slack at times when Shaun is busy with his "other" job as an International Man of Mystery. It's tough, as the other games in the genre have full-time employees dedicated to answering questions. You make very good points about turning new players into fans though.

Fortunately, the game is pretty solid as far as bugs go, and some of us know enough about the game to answer most questions at this point. Also, I think Shaun recognizes who is helping keep his baby afloat while he is off dealing with other problems. It's more fun helping out when you know you are appreciated.

Just some thoughts from my perspective. I'm thrilled with the interaction we've had with Shaun today though. I think some great new tweaks will come from today's posts.

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 40
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 12:06:51 AM   
sposfan

• in the pitching register, it has every batter who pinch hit for a pitcher listed there, with all stats obviously zeroed, except for Games which shows the actual total GP. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the way it was designed.
    Would it be possible, to have these players listed as PH (same thing exists I believe in the boxscores as well, but could be wrong, can't check yet since just started the new season) and not show up in the pitching register?

• I'd love to see drag and drop capabilities on the roster screens. to move a guy from 2nd to 9th in the batting order and move everyone else up, I have to move him spot by spot down the order, one spot at a time.
    If drag and drop isn't possible, or is too much too add easily, I'd like to be able to insert a player in a lineup/bullpen spot and be able to exchange 2 players in the lineup/bullpen/rotation

• Would it be possible to have an option of showing the pitchers hitting stats as a group or as individuals?

• scrollable PBP

• Ability to view boxscore/gamelog during a game.

• Any chance of perhaps getting a team's magic number included in the standings?

• using beta 1.17 and later  that using the keypad, the #2 button does not attempt a steal of second, but rather a sac bunt. Quite a nasty surprise Any chance of being able to use the keypad instead of the numbers on the top of the keyboard?

• MOST IMPORTANTLY:   I've been playing Puresim since year one and with this newest version, I am going to have to request that you somehow find a way to add more hours to my day!

Post #: 41
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 12:20:16 AM   
Abev

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

Abev,

Timely post. I was chatting with Shaun about this exact subject today. I think it's going to be up to many of us "regular" posters to pick up the slack at times when Shaun is busy with his "other" job as an International Man of Mystery. It's tough, as the other games in the genre have full-time employees dedicated to answering questions. You make very good points about turning new players into fans though.

Not to clog up this thread. BUT if it was up to the "regulars" while Shaun was indisposed, it would be good if the "regulars" were armed with maybe some more info re: the game. Also would be good if the "regulars" were vice-mods to ensure that no question has a great delay in being answered.

Post #: 42
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 12:22:09 AM   
Abev

When using the auto assign for lineups and rotations, have what the cpu *thinks* what the new lineup or rotation should be, and present it along side the current lineup/rotation and give the user a chance to accept or decline it.

(in reply to sposfan)
Post #: 43
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 12:47:29 AM   
Deltadog

1.  Ability to print logs to paper, pdf, or text file.

< Message edited by Deltadog -- 7/29/2006 12:52:01 AM >

Post #: 44
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 12:48:30 AM   
Deltadog

2.  Ability to stop a game at any point and the later resume it where you left off (manage mode)

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 45
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 12:49:19 AM   
Deltadog

3.  Provide for an all star game to be simmed, managed or watches.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 46
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 12:49:35 AM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

1. Ability to print logs to payer, pdf, or text file.

Great point. I'd add the ability to print from any screen displaying any sort of report.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 47
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 12:49:49 AM   
akcranker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Abev

When using the auto assign for lineups and rotations, have what the cpu *thinks* what the new lineup or rotation should be, and present it along side the current lineup/rotation and give the user a chance to accept or decline it.

I like this idea.. maybe a slight change to your idea would be to have it still present it besides the current lineup/rotation and give you the option to tweak it and then accept it. Or outright just decline it.

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 48
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 12:51:23 AM   
akcranker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

2. Ability to stop a game at any point and then later resume it where you left off (manage mode)

3. Provide for an all star game to be simmed, managed or watches.

Love both of these ideas.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 49
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 12:58:29 AM   
SittingDuck

A truly well-developed trading AI that allows the AI to improve, protect itself, and not destroy itself.

I will totally be willing to help and test in this regard. I feel it is absolutely imperative to take the game where others have not gone. Not perfect, but good.

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 7/29/2006 1:13:48 AM >

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 50
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 1:09:10 AM   
PadresFan104

SittingDuck mentioned this in another thread, but I wanted to make sure it was here too.  Look into an improved method to gauge our pitchers affectiveness.  Personally, the current system doesn't bug me, but maybe adding another layer of strategy/information (like mound visits, etc.) would help.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 51
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 1:19:59 AM   
lynchjm24

Blow up the financial model and start over - attempting to replicate something more like 'real life'.

Post #: 52
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 1:23:54 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwd59

... Whatever you do don't make the game overly complicated to play. I want a game that I can sit down at and play not another job...

Absolutely agree. There have been many great suggestions, but the game's appeal derives in part from its intuitive feel and relative simplicity. Don't lose this, Shaun, by getting bogged down in excessive geekiness and overcomplication. As far as I can tell, this was the downfall of OOTP, so please please please do not fall into that trap.

(in reply to rwd59)
Post #: 53
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 1:50:44 AM   
waltwa

"don't turn this into World Cup Baseball".

this post should get the Pulitzer Prize for best post of 2006. Nukester this is absolutely brilliant. Shaun - you have been warned!!!!!

Post #: 54
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 2:08:38 AM   
Hitandrun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nukester

Whatever you do, DONT turn this into World Cup Baseball

Yes, PLEASE do not do that! I am interested in good American baseball, and I could care less about a league in South Africa or Brazil or . . . I would much rather have the AI improved than to have leagues every where.

What I would like most is an improved AI, I would like the ability to double steal and run and hit.

I would like more fexibility in league structure. I would like to be able to expand from 30 to 32 teams and be able to choose my divisions setup.

And I would like to be able to have league interplay.

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 55
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 2:12:10 AM   
Hitandrun

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwd59

... Whatever you do don't make the game overly complicated to play. I want a game that I can sit down at and play not another job...

Absolutely agree. There have been many great suggestions, but the game's appeal derives in part from its intuitive feel and relative simplicity. Don't lose this, Shaun, by getting bogged down in excessive geekiness and overcomplication. As far as I can tell, this was the downfall of OOTP, so please please please do not fall into that trap.

I agree 100% with both of these comments. Keep it simple and fun.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 56
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 2:13:41 AM   
PadresFan104

Like Hitandrun said, give us the ability to modify our league structure at the end of every season.  Move teams around, rename, etc. (in addition to expansion or contraction of course)

(in reply to Hitandrun)
Post #: 57
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 2:18:19 AM   
verizon32

Have an option to have Interleague play on or off.

And more different types of schedules already in the game to choose from. Like Balance, Unbalance (more games in division), etc

Post #: 58
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 2:25:39 AM   
Deltadog

4.  Multiplay option allowing home or visiting team to manage own games and send result file to the commissioner and the other teams owner.

(in reply to verizon32)
Post #: 59
RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming t... - 7/29/2006 2:31:22 AM   
verizon32

A option to make the team budget go up a certain % increase each year. You can pick the % you want.

You can pick the % you want for the entire league or an option to set different % for each individual team.

< Message edited by verizon32 -- 7/29/2006 2:36:40 AM >

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PureSim is on a roll / PureSim 2008 brainstorming thread! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI