Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

T/O & E question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> T/O & E question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
T/O & E question - 7/29/2006 6:29:51 AM   
azraelck

Does anyone have a link where I can find a 1944 TOE for a US Airborne Battalion? I have a link which has the 1941 TOE, but I don't think it would be the same in 1944. Thanks.

"Wait... Holden was a cat. Suddenly it makes sense."
Post #: 1
RE: T/O & E question - 7/29/2006 2:50:27 PM   
Goblin

101st June 1944.

http://spearhead1944.com/amerpg/amer101.htm

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 2
RE: T/O & E question - 7/29/2006 4:47:38 PM   
azraelck

Muchas gracias, amigo Goblin. 

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 3
RE: T/O & E question - 7/29/2006 4:58:19 PM   
FlashfyreSP

Another one:
http://www.bayonetstrength.150m.com/UnitedStates/united_states_parachute_battalio.htm

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 4
RE: T/O & E question - 7/30/2006 1:59:55 AM   
Dragoon 45

I looked through this TOE and others linked to the main page and noticed something right off the bat, that makes me question their accuracy. In one instance, the author mentions a lance corporal as a position in one of the US Infantry Squads. The US Army has never used the rank and/or position of lance corporal. Lance Corporal is a British/Commonwealth Army and USMC useage. The use of Lance Corporal leds me to believe that the author has confused Brit/USMC data for US Army data. To me that is a glaring error, that causes me to doubt the accuracy of the information present and to discount it. Hopefully it is just a small oversight, but catching a minor glaring error causes me to wonder what major errors are in the information. I am probably being too picky, but I wonder how seriously one can understand and correctly present information about a military formation when they can't get the rank structure correct, which is a basic component of what the whole formation is based and organized on.

Once again I am probably being too picky and this may be factual information except for the one error I spotted. I hope it is. But I would add at note of caution not to base everything on this one source.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin

101st June 1944.

http://spearhead1944.com/amerpg/amer101.htm

Artillery always has the Right of Way

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 5
RE: T/O & E question - 7/30/2006 9:32:13 PM   
KG Erwin

All of these OOB sites are good, if they are taken together. The next step is to reconcile the differences between them. 

I like Gary Kennedy's site a lot.  (Flashfyre gave the link).

For all things Airborne, I gotta mention Mark Bando's site, too :http://www.101airborneww2.com/

(in reply to Dragoon 45)
Post #: 6
RE: T/O & E question - 7/31/2006 3:58:34 AM   
azraelck

Belated thanks to all of y'all. I've managed to slap together something that compromises between the various posted TO&Es, but haven't managed to see how difficult it'd be to run in a long campaign.

One of these days, I'll get the mega campaigns, but right now I have more pressing monetary issues.

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 7
RE: T/O & E question - 7/31/2006 5:46:53 AM   
KG Erwin

Azraelck, I DID try that at one point.   Start a US Army campaign in June 1944, or maybe in November 1942.  These will be amphib operations, so you gotta buy the landing troops as support. YOUR guys are dropping inland, but without the main force hitting the beaches, it's suicide.  I'd opt for max points.   

I know what you're wanting to do , man, so you're gonna have to bite the bullet and get the Mega Campaign package.   Screaming Eagles is what you want to play.  I was a contributor.  It's the best of the bunch for variety and expansiveness of historical commentary. 

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 8
RE: T/O & E question - 7/31/2006 7:00:29 AM   
azraelck

Yeah, I want to get the MCs. But, with a total of two computers in a row croaking like bullfrogs in the last few weeks, and upgrading mine to be able to run anything whatsoever, plus my usual assortment of bills and Band of Brothers killing my CC for the next month, on top of fixing my bro's Jeep, I'm not in a position to purchase anything. Right now my purchases are strictly emergency only, and wanting to try my hand at a campaign with a relatively historical 101st Airborne core does not constitute an emergency.

Besides, I'm only halfway through BoB so far. My parents wanted to see it as well, so we've been watching a part or two a night. So much for vacation movies. :p I did get a nice book on stories from the PTO, and another that's a memoir of a German officer. Which I haven't cracked due to my reading a book on the history of Scotland, where my crazy ass has part of it's roots.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> T/O & E question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI