Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Plan Orange

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Plan Orange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Plan Orange - 7/30/2006 12:48:42 AM   
djr007

I am interested in purchasing "Plan Orange" but I would like to get some feedback from those who have the game
Post #: 1
RE: Plan Orange - 7/30/2006 12:59:30 AM   
Bodhi

If you want some feedback On War Plan Orange, you may get a better response if you ask some specific questions in the War Plan Orange forums.

Bodhi

(in reply to djr007)
Post #: 2
RE: Plan Orange - 8/1/2006 7:25:48 PM   
Rysyonok

quote:

ORIGINAL: djr007

I am interested in purchasing "Plan Orange" but I would like to get some feedback from those who have the game

Generic question - generic answer.

If you love military history, get it. Even when you get tired of playing it, it's a unique collection of military data, well worth the money.

(in reply to djr007)
Post #: 3
RE: Plan Orange - 8/1/2006 7:34:50 PM   
Zakhal

I had doubts as well but I finally bought it last weekend and Im quite happy with the purchace (more than happy Im loosing my sleep waiting for the turns).

The only exception is that you must play pbem and with 2-3 days per turn to minimize the amount of "nothing happened" turns.

< Message edited by Zakhal -- 8/1/2006 7:37:52 PM >

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to Rysyonok)
Post #: 4
RE: Plan Orange - 8/1/2006 11:53:44 PM   
Rysyonok

I strongly recommend against 2-3 day turns. When the pace picks up, you'll need every opportunity to react and change orders for your units you can get.

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 5
RE: Plan Orange - 8/2/2006 12:16:29 AM   
Zakhal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rysyonok

I strongly recommend against 2-3 day turns. When the pace picks up, you'll need every opportunity to react and change orders for your units you can get.

Thats only if youre on the same timezones so you can occasionally do more than one turn per day. In my current game if wed do one turn per day it could be many RL days that nothing happens in the game. Its a sure way to boredom.

On the goodside without the airpower WPO is more suited than WITP to multiple turns. Our current game is going just fine even without daily micromanagement. Just have to plan the orders in 3 days advance and relay on the tactical AI to do its best. I havent had problems and Im having fun. And having fun is the important thing.

Also I really like the fact that there is an actual chance to play the whole game through without wasting RL years on micromanagering each and every detail while watching daily turns in which nothing happens. With three days per turn we can cover 2-3 years in say six to seven RL months which is in reasonable time for a game of this scale. With one day per turn its 1.5 RL years. And thats just too long atleast for me.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to Rysyonok)
Post #: 6
RE: Plan Orange - 8/2/2006 12:15:04 PM   
Arkady

Well, I play it differently, WPO with 1 day/turn but WITP 2 days/turn setting
With ability to detect and react on enemy movements I "trust" AI commanders in WITP more than in WPO
In WPO you must decide where enemy appear, it is more guessing without proper air recon

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 7
RE: Plan Orange - 8/2/2006 4:33:49 PM   
Rysyonok

I guess I was a bit blind to how long a game can take since my opponent and I can sometimes exchange 4-5 turns a day and we're playing a 1 1/2 year long campaign...

It is tempting to play 3-day turns but then it's tactical AI vs tactical AI. I can't tell you how many times I laid traps for damaged ships by covering every single possible path of retreat, especially when it comes to subs. Can't do that with 3-day turns...

And what about chasing enemy carriers? Every hour counts ;)

(in reply to Arkady)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Plan Orange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI