Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.31 Beta Patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 1.31 Beta Patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.31 Beta Patch - 8/5/2006 7:42:14 PM   
puresimmer

1.31 is a Beta release so, standard disclaimers apply. That said, this is a very solid update and was put through fairly rigourous testing. So if you can lend a hand, I'd love to get it installed by as many folks as possible.

Download the 1.31 Patch

Note, 1.31 is a DEBUG build of the game and may run 10%-15% slower then official releases. If you receive a debug error message please allow PureSim to open your email program, and paste the contents of the message so it can be sent to me for detailed diagnosis. This should happen automatically. Bugs reported in this fashion get #1 priority, since a) they are crashes and b) contain detailed info I need to rapidly address the issue. Please be sure to include information on exactly what you were doing at the time of the error.

Thanks in advance for your help in testing beta versions of the game!

=== Fixes ===

- Fix: Rare issue with players being reported as injured in game, but not injured after

- Fix: Similarly rare issue where players were appearing to heal by miraculous amounts. What was really happening here was players were getting a new injury but it was less serious than the previous one, so it would appear to be a miraculous heal.

- Tweak: The injury model now is much more likely to yield an aggravation to an existing injury if you play a hurt player. The only way for a player with an existing injury to get a new injury type is if the game determines the new injury is more severe than the existing one.

- Fix: If the manager called for a Hit and Run with 2 outs and the batter struck out then PureSim would crash (This bug was introduced in the 1.25 Beta patch)

- Fix: The following sequence was causing PureSim to crash:
1) open any minor league player sheet
2) hit "shop player" button
3) Hit "shop player to all teams" button
4) examine the player sheet of one or more players from other teams
5) close all of the windows you've opened
6) close the player card from the original minor league player

< Message edited by puresimmer -- 8/5/2006 7:43:35 PM >

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/5/2006 7:45:51 PM   
PadresFan104

Thanks Shaun... gonna go update the bug thread.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/5/2006 7:49:39 PM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

- Fix: Similarly rare issue where players were appearing to heal by miraculous amounts. What was really happening here was players were getting a new injury but it was less serious than the previous one, so it would appear to be a miraculous heal.

Does this apply to the bug where people are seeing guys recover from career ending injuries, or just the guys healing quicker than expected?

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/5/2006 8:08:38 PM   
puresimmer

I still haven't been able to confirm the CEI issue, so I can't say for sure.

Edit: It may be related, so I'll be interested if anyone sees the CEI issue again.

< Message edited by puresimmer -- 8/5/2006 8:12:19 PM >

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/5/2006 9:22:47 PM   
SittingDuck

quote:

- Tweak: The injury model now is much more likely to yield an aggravation to an existing injury if you play a hurt player. The only way for a player with an existing injury to get a new injury type is if the game determines the new injury is more severe than the existing one.

Intelligent tweak.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/5/2006 9:43:13 PM   
SittingDuck

Well, the modified date of the xml has changed to today, but I can't find a thing changed about it??? 

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/5/2006 10:03:29 PM   
Deltadog

I have not yet downloaded 1.31 yet.

The message that accompanied the 1.29 patch stated that the bug that caused occasional fly balls to be reported a "0" distance had been fixed. I had not seen one until today. Using 1.30 I noted one fly ball that was reported as "0" distance. This followed two crashes while playing 2 differant associations. The first occured when I tried the hit and run with 2 out. The batter struck out and the play by play reported that the runner was out. Of course since the side was retired with the strike out there would be no play on the runner. The second occured while I was starting a managed game. When I clicked the change line up screen the game crashed.

Both if the crash errors were reported through the debug routine.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 7
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/5/2006 11:26:40 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

The message that accompanied the 1.29 patch stated that the bug that caused occasional fly balls to be reported a "0" distance had been fixed. I had not seen one until today. Using 1.30 I noted one fly ball that was reported as "0" distance.

Any details around the specifics of the play would be great. I know I fixed one cause of that issue, so maybe this is another. It is a nightmare to track down because it only happens when managing/watching a game, and is purely a cosmetic error.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 8
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/6/2006 1:51:11 AM   
Deltadog

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

The message that accompanied the 1.29 patch stated that the bug that caused occasional fly balls to be reported a "0" distance had been fixed. I had not seen one until today. Using 1.30 I noted one fly ball that was reported as "0" distance.

Any details around the specifics of the play would be great. I know I fixed one cause of that issue, so maybe this is another. It is a nightmare to track down because it only happens when managing/watching a game, and is purely a cosmetic error.

I did not recall details of the first instance of "0" distance fly out. Shortly after that observation, another instance was noted. I am not sure exactly what details you would need, so perhaps the following information is too much or the wrong details, but here is what I was able to record at the time.

Association being played NAMBLA created by Padres Fan. Note that this is not the same association being played when the previously reported occurance was noted. In addition

Beta Patch 1.31 was being used this time.

Bottom of 8th with 1 out and runners on 1st & 3rd. Chicago Batting. Atlanta moved infield in and outfield shallow. Hitter Werner Velez flew out to Shallow Right. Play by

Play says Great defensive play by Glen Willams. [[Note which appeared on screen (white background red text read, Werner Velez flew out to shallow right field "0" ]] Play by

play continues to state that Leland Rogers is attempting to tag and score. Last pitch 89 mph (fastball) 2 outs, Runners on First and Third. Obviously the runner on 3rd did not follow through on the act.

At the time the score was Atlanta 3-6-1, Chicago 0-3-0

[See the log copy which is attached. Note that no distance is shown in the log for this play, while other entries (not shown on attachment) do show the distance.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 9
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/6/2006 2:07:20 AM   
PadresFan104

Interesting, I've seen this issue too, over many different releases.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 10
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/6/2006 4:00:49 PM   
BleacherBum

Any way to still get 1.29, to test some of the new recent stuff without suffering the slowness of the Debug build?

Post #: 11
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/6/2006 4:12:31 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: BleacherBum

Any way to still get 1.29, to test some of the new recent stuff without suffering the slowness of the Debug build?

Have you tried a debug build? Its really not that bad. If you want, I'll include a compiled/optimized version in the next beta, you'll just need to go through a few steps to copy over what installs by default. Sound good?

(in reply to BleacherBum)
Post #: 12
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/6/2006 5:13:45 PM   
Deltadog

quote:

At least on my machine, I have noted no slow dow that I can feel or see. Maybe there is one that is so short, that only some monitoring application can recognize it, but I cannot.

(in reply to BleacherBum)
Post #: 13
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/6/2006 7:05:04 PM   
Abev

Shaun any way we can get our registration key saved in the registry or somewhere? If I would just keep it in a safe place...I can never seem to find it.

Post #: 14
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/7/2006 1:49:01 AM   
BleacherBum

quote:

quote:

Have you tried a debug build? Its really not that bad. If you want, I'll include a compiled/optimized version in the next beta, you'll just need to go through a few steps to copy over what installs by default. Sound good?

Haven't tried. I don't play out my games, just sim a lot of seasons, so I figured the 15-20% slow down you warned about would be noticeable to me. I certainly don't mind copying a couple of files, so if you have a faster EXE to include with 1.32 I'd certainly take it.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 15
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/7/2006 3:34:44 AM   
sanpurdue

quote:

ORIGINAL: Abev

Shaun any way we can get our registration key saved in the registry or somewhere? If I would just keep it in a safe place...I can never seem to find it.

I am not Shaun, but I play one on TV :-)

I use this free software:

http://www.greeneclipsesoftware.com/stickypad.html

I then have a sticky pad on my desktop with the serial number. All I have to do is click on the sticky, copy and then paste into the new patch - presto!

Hope this helps!

Mark Miller

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 16
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/7/2006 8:25:08 AM   
wlfcards

When shopping a player to all teams after teams all teams have been contacted game freezes at the trade offer page.

There is at least 1 computer team with too many players.  I sent you the error message when I checked the roster to verify there was still a team with too many players.

(in reply to sanpurdue)
Post #: 17
RE: 1.31 Beta Patch - 8/8/2006 7:47:59 AM   
wlfcards

3 players on the 15 day DL.  Following a 2 for 1 trade am short 1 player.  My team lineup page shows the correct number of players.  The sign player screen does not include the players on the DL - shows 3 lesss players. 

(in reply to wlfcards)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 1.31 Beta Patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI