Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Updated HTML screens (warning - pic intensive)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 3rd Party Add-ons Area >> Updated HTML screens (warning - pic intensive) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Updated HTML screens (warning - pic intensive) - 8/5/2006 10:13:58 PM   
SittingDuck

So over the last 2 weeks or so I've been learning/relearning some HTML and CSS and all that. Got into it because I wanted to straighten up the HTML files for all the various menu screens. I do this stuff for just about every game I play...

Anal, I guess they call it.

Anyhow, here are previews of how my baseball universe (without all those stupid overseas leagues like Madagascar and such) looks! At some point in the near future, I'll post them up so people can pick and choose from them.

I'll try to mention a few of the main things for each screen update, if it is warranted (or I remember). They're jpgs, so blurry. Wanted to do png, but no.

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 8/5/2006 10:20:34 PM >
Post #: 1
Player Card - 8/5/2006 10:20:01 PM   
SittingDuck

One thing I'll mention here is that I standardized the placement of the screen titles in the upper left corner. They are all now the same.

Player Card

Got sick of the glaring white burning my rods and cones. Looked for a background image similar to what was on the old Topps cards on the backs, but couldn't find it. Gave up and just chose a color and got on with it. Point is, it is easier on the eyes.

Problem is, I can't (and won't learn how to) change the center section where the ratings are. It's coded in flash and it is not something easy to do and designers do that sometimes for a reason (security, I think). So it is stuck with that. I may change to some other main color in the future and probably will. For now it works, and here's another big thing to me: the stats and headers are centered!

Note the 'release player' button now will flash red if you rollover with the mouse. The others rollover as navy blue. Nice contrast.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 8/5/2006 10:25:57 PM >

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 2
Main Screen - 8/5/2006 10:23:09 PM   
SittingDuck

Next up will be the main screen, which I just did this AM.

Just moved/enlarged some of the box images on the screen and lowered/centered the ticker at the bottom. More room in some of the RH menus, like Assn News/History, so more will be shown, if available.

A tweak here, a tweak there.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 8/5/2006 10:55:39 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: Main Screen - 8/5/2006 10:27:09 PM   
PadresFan104

Damn dude!!! GREAT work. I want these. E-mail them to me at sixwilsons@mac.com and I will post them for everyone to download.

Post #: 4
RE: Main Screen - 8/5/2006 10:30:17 PM   
SittingDuck

Thanks.  Crap - I just wrote up the Schedule changes and for whatever reason, it failed to post.  I think I screwed something up.  OK, I'll do it again.  I got about 5-7 more images.

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 5
Schedule - 8/5/2006 10:33:53 PM   
SittingDuck

Alright - once again.

Reformatted the calendar on the left. Changed font size, centered columns, rollover is golden for the date, centered month display. Spaced Day/Week out and centered it, and rollover is golden color.

Centered and worked with main display of teams and all that, but that is limited to coding in Shaun's files.

PSPN has some changes - placement, font size larger, report of results during simming changed a good bit! I think you'll like it alot.

There is too much to report on this screen, but I spent a long time working with it, probably because I was learning so much about scripting at the time.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
League Stat Leaders - 8/5/2006 10:37:06 PM   
SittingDuck

I just gotta get on with posting them here. But I'll say this for some of the following images: the sorting in tables has been altered so that you can choose a player and have his row highlighted (usually). So you can have row and columns highlighted at the same time. Also changed colors (all this is for some of the screens).

Oh, and CENTERED the stats/columns. Good grief.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
Team Statistics - 8/5/2006 10:40:00 PM   
SittingDuck

An example of what I was talking about - row/column selection and highlighting.

Oh yeah, centered the info and also - also - fixed the table title display glitch. It used to read Team Statistics Hitters on the same line.

New, swanky scroll colors.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 8
Short List - 8/5/2006 10:41:49 PM   
SittingDuck

Basically, the Short List runs off the same scripting as the Team Statistics page. So this page was fixed, too, for the title display error. And spaced out better. And you can do the row/column thing here, too. Sweet.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 9
Player Search - 8/5/2006 10:44:23 PM   
SittingDuck

Mmmm. Here's a display of the players page with the info centered.

More importantly, this is a display of the buttons that I overhauled, version three and the final one. Wood and green color, as you can see in the image. Works well on all screens.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 10
Modify Roster and Lineups - 8/5/2006 10:49:16 PM   
SittingDuck

Very important screen here. And way too much to explain, but I'll mention the most important.

The grid has been reworked with different colors, larger font and columns centered. That keeps coming back, don't it? Row/column highlighting as well. The little 'boxes' for relievers/starters/lineups have been adjusted for viewing ease (too much to explain).

You'll also note I rearranged the buttons at the top. I did it for my own usage and according to a certain principle: GM stuff at top, field manager stuff at bottom. It's not perfect because some buttons cross over in concept and I had to adhere to the 6 on top, 5 on bottom constraint. But whatever. Takes a bit of getting used to, but old people need to be pushed in life...

Btw, the player link highlight colors here are specific to my files and what's more, they have been lightened and changed by the jpg process, so they aren't even accurate to what is on my system. Just to throw that out...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 8/5/2006 10:58:50 PM >

Post #: 11
Rotations - 8/5/2006 10:51:08 PM   
SittingDuck

Centered and whatever else.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 12
Lineups - 8/5/2006 10:51:46 PM   
SittingDuck

See if you can figure it out.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 13
RE: Lineups - 8/5/2006 10:51:59 PM   
SittingDuck

OK, that's it for right now.

Post #: 14
RE: Lineups - 8/6/2006 3:25:49 AM   
SittingDuck

PSPN Tracker in action

Attachment (1)

Post #: 15
RE: Lineups - 8/6/2006 4:16:15 AM   
Abev

looks good sd. I thought you had no programming experience? I have never even seen where this can be edited. I should poke around abit.

Post #: 16
RE: Lineups - 8/6/2006 4:21:41 AM   
SittingDuck

Open the html files in Notepad or Notepad++ (which is awesome and does all the hyperlink stuff that Notepad does not).

If you call that programming, then I understand some programming.  Just self-taught.

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 17
RE: League Stat Leaders - 8/6/2006 9:19:34 AM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

I just gotta get on with posting them here. But I'll say this for some of the following images: the sorting in tables has been altered so that you can choose a player and have his row highlighted (usually). So you can have row and columns highlighted at the same time. Also changed colors (all this is for some of the screens).

Oh, and CENTERED the stats/columns. Good grief.

I'm going through and comparing the game screen to your changes. I like what I'm seeing, but this is my first issue. I like the use of right justification vs. centered on the stats screen. Just feels "right" and is a bit easier to read in my opinion. Dunno, probably has to do with the fact I use Excel a lot.

Post #: 18
RE: Team Statistics - 8/6/2006 9:21:36 AM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

An example of what I was talking about - row/column selection and highlighting.

Oh yeah, centered the info and also - also - fixed the table title display glitch. It used to read Team Statistics Hitters on the same line.

New, swanky scroll colors.

Really like it. Not liking the stats centered even more on this one.

Post #: 19
RE: Team Statistics - 8/6/2006 3:29:06 PM   
SittingDuck

Simple thing for you to fix. Just open the files in Notepad, scan down to the area where they are all mentioned (just takes a little effort) and replace 'center' with 'right'. And you're done. 30 seconds tops.

EDIT: I formatted a second version. This one right-aligns all the stats on the team stats page and also on the modify rosters page. I assume you'd like on also for the league stats?

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 8/6/2006 4:37:13 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: Team Statistics - 8/6/2006 8:18:08 PM   
PadresFan104

SD, yes, that would be cool, but I can also make the edits myself like you suggest. Either way, I appreciate the work.

Post #: 21
RE: Team Statistics - 8/9/2006 12:51:10 AM   
SittingDuck

Why do I feel like you and I are about some of the only ones who appreciate the aesthetic stuff?

Post #: 22
RE: Team Statistics - 8/9/2006 1:31:54 AM   
PadresFan104

LOL!!! No doubt huh?  Forgot to mention that I like the changes you made to the buttons as well.

Post #: 23
RE: Team Statistics - 8/9/2006 1:48:23 AM   
SittingDuck

Cool.  I'll have all these but the altered graphical rosters and readme file to you this weekend.

Post #: 24
RE: Team Statistics - 12/9/2006 3:53:36 AM   
Nukester

Man those background colors are great.

< Message edited by Nukester -- 12/9/2006 4:04:46 AM >

Post #: 25
RE: Team Statistics - 12/25/2006 3:10:28 AM   
Moebius

These look great! Makes things more readable. Where can I get these updated html files? 

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 26
RE: Updated HTML screens (warning - pic intensive) - 1/5/2007 3:49:27 PM   
metroyanks1

Not sure if they have been posted anywhere, but have you posted the HTML files for changes you made to PureSim. It looks great as compared to it's original look.

Post #: 27
RE: Updated HTML screens (warning - pic intensive) - 1/25/2007 11:38:47 PM   
bigpapag

SittingDuck
Your new screens look really great. I could read them easy.
PLEASE make them available for all of use to use.

Big Papa G

(in reply to metroyanks1)
Post #: 28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 3rd Party Add-ons Area >> Updated HTML screens (warning - pic intensive) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI