Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replacing ammo on CVs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Replacing ammo on CVs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replacing ammo on CVs - 8/9/2006 9:23:32 AM   
rudbeck47

Salutations,

One more question (situation is unchaged compared to last post - I'm still the US playing against the AI in scenario 4).

During the scenario my CVs has been underway for quite some time - successfully hitting IJN shipping using torpedoes and bombs. Whenever I could see that the Max Sorties was dropping to low levels, I had my CV Task Force sailing to a nearby port (Shortlands - the HQ is unmoved at Noumea) replacing oil and supplies. After doing this for some time I had the feeling that fewer and fewer torpedoes were used by the planes on my CVs.

Is it because Shortlands is too small a port to load torpedoes onto my CV? (After having returned the CV to Noumea - where I also got plane replacements) my feeling is that my planes started dropping more torpedoes again.

Does the game keep track on whether I have any torpedoes left for my planes aboard my CVs - and where can I see if I'm out of torpedoes.?

If yes to the above - what port size is needed to rearm the planes on my CV's with additional torpedos.

Thanks

rudbeck47
Post #: 1
RE: Replacing ammo on CVs - 8/9/2006 9:44:22 AM   
wild_Willie2

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

The mission points on a CV determine the amound of missions that can be flown by it's AC, it does not matter if al planes carry torpedo's or bombs. A mission with either weapon will cost 1 point...

Torpedo AC will only carry bombs when on extended strike range (see AC data, range normal and range extended), just like the SBD will carry 1000 lbs bombs when within normal range =< 3 hexes and a 500 lbs bomb when on 4 hex strike.

CV mission point and ammo replenishment will work from a port 3 upward so there is no reason to be worried. Just get that extra hex closer to your target and see them eat torpedo's.....

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to rudbeck47)
Post #: 2
RE: Replacing ammo on CVs - 8/9/2006 9:50:18 AM   
rudbeck47

Thanks.

OK - so as see it - the only reason that I should redraw my CV's from the battlefield once in a while is so that they can return to their HQ to have some of the missing planes replaced?

Where can I see if there are any replacement aircrafts for my carriers? I recall something in the game called replacement pool - is that it?

Kindest regards

Claus

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 3
RE: Replacing ammo on CVs - 8/9/2006 10:42:20 AM   
wild_Willie2

ANY base with 20K of supplies will re-supply your squadrons once you re-supply your fleet.

If you look under the production/industry button, you can see your pilot pool and plane replacement pool. As the allies the pilot pool doesn't really matter and in stock games you will have PLENTY on planes in the pool..

< Message edited by wild_Willie2 -- 8/9/2006 10:44:25 AM >

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to rudbeck47)
Post #: 4
RE: Replacing ammo on CVs - 8/9/2006 10:49:02 AM   
rudbeck47

Thanks again. I will re-read the manual again - and again - and again ....

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 5
RE: Replacing ammo on CVs - 8/9/2006 11:10:14 AM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: rudbeck47

Just keep in mind that the manual does NOT tell you everything. And some of what it says is wrong.

You're on the right track though. Keep playing and ask questions here. You'll get contradictory answers sometimes but usually someone else has tested for whatever you are asking about and can at least give you a good idea how it actually works.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to rudbeck47)
Post #: 6
RE: Replacing ammo on CVs - 8/9/2006 12:28:03 PM   
wild_Willie2

quote:

ORIGINAL: rudbeck47

Don't bother to much with the manual, just ask the forum......

< Message edited by wild_Willie2 -- 8/9/2006 12:29:21 PM >

(in reply to rudbeck47)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Replacing ammo on CVs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI