Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Neutral armies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Neutral armies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Neutral armies - 8/11/2006 1:41:56 AM   
gdpsnake

I mentioned this is in an earlier thread about the fact that neutral units should not be present in the game in a conquered province for several reasons. For example, having a 'neutral' Bavarian force in Bavaria when it is a conquered French province (solid blue.)

Well, here's the best reason of all, those clowns are PREVENTING PRODUCTION in the province! The same is true for minor neutrals in half a dozen other conquered provinces. They are ALL preventing the province from producing. For instance, I put ALL the production points available into producing iron in an 'iron' province and ZERO produced iron because of the neutrals. This is true for ALL products in all the half dozen or so provinces with these minor neutral clowns. Some money is still produced from the pop and oddly, I can get some textiles but nothing else.

I CAN"T KILL THESE CLOWNS OR MOVE THEM AND THEY ARE PREVENTING PRODUCTION!!!! Please fix this bug and get rid of these 'neutral forces' until/unless the province is 'liberated.'

Post #: 1
RE: Neutral armies - 8/11/2006 2:13:02 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: gdpsnake
I mentioned this is in an earlier thread about the fact that neutral units should not be present in the game in a conquered province for several reasons. For example, having a 'neutral' Bavarian force in Bavaria when it is a conquered French province (solid blue.)

Well, here's the best reason of all, those clowns are PREVENTING PRODUCTION in the province! The same is true for minor neutrals in half a dozen other conquered provinces. They are ALL preventing the province from producing. For instance, I put ALL the production points available into producing iron in an 'iron' province and ZERO produced iron because of the neutrals. This is true for ALL products in all the half dozen or so provinces with these minor neutral clowns. Some money is still produced from the pop and oddly, I can get some textiles but nothing else.

I CAN"T KILL THESE CLOWNS OR MOVE THEM AND THEY ARE PREVENTING PRODUCTION!!!! Please fix this bug and get rid of these 'neutral forces' until/unless the province is 'liberated.'

In my current game as France the Papacy and several other northern Italian provinces became Protectorates of Austria early on. During the course of the war I conquered these provinces and they became my territory and stayed under my control when the war ended without needing to be grabbed in the surrender treaty.

The Italia province has a neutral Italia Corps with 2 divisions in it and Papacy had a Papacy militia unit in it. They stayed there for quite some time and then my war with England started. About a year or so into the war the Papacy became England’s protectorate and I was able to defeat the militia unit and force it to retreat south. The province never changed from my control, the unit simply became hostile. Now I am praying for Italia to join them so I can defeat that army as well.

My question is how on earth England swayed the Papacy since I conquered its province. Shouldn't it be out of the game until/unless someone liberates the country?

If provinces can be swayed when conquered does that mean you can politically unconquer them with a diplomat and force them back to independence and away from an opponent? Should I be using diplomats to keep these conquered provinces previous governments happy with me?

Jim

< Message edited by Jim D Burns -- 8/11/2006 2:34:56 AM >

(in reply to gdpsnake)
Post #: 2
RE: Neutral armies - 8/12/2006 5:33:26 PM   
gottagofish

If this is still being monitored, I too wish this issue would get fixed.  Something happens when minor countries change sides.  The map gets filled with uncontrolable units, armies and ships.

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 3
RE: Neutral armies - 9/28/2006 8:53:55 AM   
Rapier117

Bump

Is something going to be done regarding this issue or is this how the developers want it to work?

(in reply to gottagofish)
Post #: 4
RE: Neutral armies - 9/29/2006 3:08:09 PM   
pil

In the Standard scenario, when Bavaria changed sides in 1813, something weird occured. Since that time, I cannot control my units while in detailed battle : all is controled by AI....
Did it hppen to you as well ?

(in reply to Rapier117)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Neutral armies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI