Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Same question as another poster: Multiplayer hang

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Same question as another poster: Multiplayer hang Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Same question as another poster: Multiplayer hang - 8/17/2006 2:55:50 AM   
paulhager

I did exactly what the manual said - I set up client/server on one machine and the game hung. Is the manual wrong?

The manual says:
quote:

If you are planning to run the server and client on the same machine use 127.0.0.1 as IP. The server port is 14342 as default and most people that run a server will leave it at that setting. PlayerName is pretty straightforward, that’s your name.

I'm running 3 Dell Machines on a mixed ethernet wireless network (the slower Gateway which has an older version of H3 is irrelevant).

A second question: have the scenarios in ANW edition been updated/modified for multiplayer? I noticed that these are the same scenarios as in my old version of H3. Does the Harpoon site have updated multiplayer scenarios, latest DB, etc?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Same question as another poster: Multiplayer hang - 8/17/2006 3:23:00 AM   
rsharp@advancedgamin

Hi Paul,

I'll need some more information on what you were doing when the game hung. For instance, was it when you loaded the client on the same machine or a client on another machine that it hung? You may try pointing the client towards the network IP of your server (and not he loopback of 127.0.0.1).

As for the scenarios, several scenarios have been created/modified for multiplayer gameplay. You can access these by switching to the ANWDB. Use the H3 Configuration Launcher under the Extras folder in the ANW folder of your start menu. Run the launcher and select the Database Manager tab. Here you can select the ANWDB so when you run the game you'll have the new scenarios to choose.

Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon

(in reply to paulhager)
Post #: 2
RE: Same question as another poster: Multiplayer hang - 8/18/2006 6:22:12 AM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulhager

Does the Harpoon site have updated multiplayer scenarios, latest DB, etc?

If you are looking for multi-player scenarios, check out this thread:

Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB

The scenarios listed are a combination of MP and solitaire scenarios that have been tested on the ANW engine. This is not to say that other Harpoon 3.6.3 scenarios will not work. It is only to say that we have specifically tested those on the list.

I understand that your question is how to set up your own computer as a server. However, if you would like to test out a dedicated third-party server, you can look here:

H3 Multiplayer Server up

(in reply to paulhager)
Post #: 3
RE: Same question as another poster: Multiplayer hang - 8/26/2006 4:24:52 PM   
paulhager

quote:

ORIGINAL: rsharp@advancedgamin

Hi Paul,

I'll need some more information on what you were doing when the game hung. For instance, was it when you loaded the client on the same machine or a client on another machine that it hung? You may try pointing the client towards the network IP of your server (and not he loopback of 127.0.0.1).

As for the scenarios, several scenarios have been created/modified for multiplayer gameplay. You can access these by switching to the ANWDB. Use the H3 Configuration Launcher under the Extras folder in the ANW folder of your start menu. Run the launcher and select the Database Manager tab. Here you can select the ANWDB so when you run the game you'll have the new scenarios to choose.

It was when I loaded the client on the same machine. My strong preference is to run the client/server on one machine. Although another machine MIGHT be available for that purpose, unless it can run unobtrusively in the background without degrading performance of other software (in particular, image processing software), my wife would probably shut it down frequently.

(in reply to rsharp@advancedgamin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Same question as another poster: Multiplayer hang Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI