Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

oil/resource centers not repairing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> oil/resource centers not repairing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
oil/resource centers not repairing - 8/19/2006 2:11:42 AM   
ReDDoN45

Well, I´m not sure whether this question should belong to the general discussion or to the technical support forum, so I decided to place it in both.

The problem is, that in a pbem game of the long campaign some of my resource/oil centers (operational Oil: Brunei - 52 of 300, Miri 53 of 100, Tarakan 73 of 100) and even some of my factories in one of my home bases are simply not repairing at all (not a single point). This situation is now lasting for more than a month. They have troops, plenty of engeneers and no enemies close to or in the corresponding bases. Moreover there is no damage to the port/air facilities of those bases, nor do they have any orders for construction. They also have plenty of supplies. I even tried around a bit to give construction orders or stop repair and restart repair order, to check whether the repair routine is somehow stuck because of some weird bug, but still no repairs are made. In the bases I mentioned no repairs at all are being done, neither to manpower centers, nor to resource or oil centers. This can really mess up my long term warfare potential, when some of my largest oil centers are not repairing. All are set for "repairs: yes".

Has someone any ideas, if this is a known bug or whether there is a certain trick to solve this problem. ideas welcome!

Thank you!

< Message edited by Reddon45 -- 8/19/2006 2:12:05 AM >

Bis dat qui cito dat!
Post #: 1
RE: oil/resource centers not repairing - 8/19/2006 2:33:36 AM   
bilbow

What is "plenty" of supply? Repair won't happen is you have less than 10,000 present.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to ReDDoN45)
Post #: 2
RE: oil/resource centers not repairing - 8/19/2006 2:38:43 AM   
ReDDoN45

They don´t have 10.000 supplies, I didn´t read that in the manual. Most have between 3000 and 8000.

Thank you for this information, Some convoys will be formed.....

Do the bases need engeneers for the repairs or does the ammount of engeneers have an influence for the speed of the repairs?

Bis dat qui cito dat!

(in reply to bilbow)
Post #: 3
RE: oil/resource centers not repairing - 8/19/2006 5:02:45 AM   
dtravel

All that is needed is over 10,000 supply.  Keep in mind that 1,000 supply will be consumed per point of Industry/Oil/Resource that gets repaired.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to ReDDoN45)
Post #: 4
RE: oil/resource centers not repairing - 8/19/2006 12:13:03 PM   
pauk

... so you may create few convoys with supplies and disband them (without unloading supply) in port need to be repaired (where you do have 10 K + supply at the moment) or in other nearby base and thus you can quickly react if supplies go below 10K.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 5
RE: oil/resource centers not repairing - 8/31/2006 9:08:30 PM   
rokohn

Pauk,

Either I don't understand your reply or I don't understand the rules.  Why keep an AK in the port with supply loaded on it?  Why not just unload into the port being repaired.  Is there a limit to the supplies allowed in the ports in DEI?  I know these ports are not of the same quality as Osaka or Pearl or LA.  Please enlighten.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 6
RE: oil/resource centers not repairing - 8/31/2006 9:20:10 PM   
mlees

I don't know what Pauk had in mind, but I was thinking that there might be a chance that the supplies would move overland out of the hex if needed elsewhere.

For example: You are trying to repair some oil centers in Batavia. You also own Tjilitjap, with LCU's and air units based in it, but no supplies. You land 11000 supplies in Batavia, thinking they will be used to restore the oil centers. But some supply clerk will order some of those supplies to be shipped overland to Tjilitjap (and suffering losses on the way) to supply your fighting men with up to date copies of "Rising Sun and Stripes", as well as anybody else in Java who needs supply badly, and connected by land (free of enemy control) network to Batavia.

(in reply to rokohn)
Post #: 7
RE: oil/resource centers not repairing - 8/31/2006 9:42:16 PM   
pauk

quote:

ORIGINAL: rokohn

Pauk,

Either I don't understand your reply or I don't understand the rules.  Why keep an AK in the port with supply loaded on it?  Why not just unload into the port being repaired.  Is there a limit to the supplies allowed in the ports in DEI?  I know these ports are not of the same quality as Osaka or Pearl or LA.  Please enlighten.

No, you understand it well - i was unclear. Let's say that you want to repair Tarakan oil and resources. As others pointed you will need 10K+ supplies in the Tarakan and you want to repair 50 resources - you will need 50.000 supply for that.

Rather than unloading 50.000 supply at once you may unload 20.000 supply there and rest of it leave on AKs and disband into port.

Why? There is spoilage of supply in smaller bases (i think that spoilage stop at bases with value of 10 size ( combined AF and port!) and perhaps you want to avoid un-neccesary losing of supply.

Also, you may found yourself in situation that you desperatly need supply somewhere else for continuing your offensive or something else. All you have to do is form TF with previoulsy disbanded AKs and send them where are needed. Imagine your disbanded AKs as "mobile depots" - if you don't need supplies elsewhere just unload them at Tarakan when you will need them there.

I hope i was more informative now.

< Message edited by pauk -- 8/31/2006 9:44:11 PM >

(in reply to rokohn)
Post #: 8
RE: oil/resource centers not repairing - 9/4/2006 12:06:31 AM   
rokohn

Thanks for the reply Pauk.

I was unaware of resource spoilage and you are much more informative now.

Whoever corrects a mocker invites insult;
. . .
Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you;
rebuke a wise man and he will love you.
Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still;
teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning.

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 9
RE: oil/resource centers not repairing - 9/4/2006 12:33:10 AM   
pauk

just to be sure that i'm clear - as far as i know, spoilage occurs with supply. Don't think spoilage happens to oil and resources stored in the base.

no problem, we were all where are you now

(in reply to rokohn)
Post #: 10
RE: oil/resource centers not repairing - 9/4/2006 1:39:32 AM   
tsimmonds

Supplies and Fuel are both subject to spoilage; Oil and Resources are not.

Read about Spoilage at 14.8

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> oil/resource centers not repairing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI