Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Canadians in SPWaW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Canadians in SPWaW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Canadians in SPWaW - 8/19/2006 9:58:09 PM   
Nighthawk12

I am a long time player, but just recently found this forum.

Couple of questions that I hope someone might be able to answer.

1. Where are the Canadians Motor (Truck), and Mech (Half Track) Infantry.
They were used in Italy, and North West Europe.

2. Are there going to be any campaigns based on the Canadians, in either Italy, or Europe, like the WWII campaign.
I am improvising this one, by starting as british, and then buying everything as canadian.

I hope that this is in the right forum ??

< Message edited by Nighthawk12 -- 8/20/2006 12:34:54 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Canadians in SPWaW - 8/20/2006 6:52:57 PM   
Riun T

SO nighthawk, welcome to these forums,and which version are u playing presently? and what year are you starting this campaign in? I've just finished a long doing the same thing with buying initially a british HQ and all canadian units,switching the Brit HQ after the first battle. I made up my own mobile infantry units in platoons with attached transport, or ran some engineers up on the back of my armour. Been playing the 8.4 version. RT

(in reply to Nighthawk12)
Post #: 2
RE: Canadians in SPWaW - 8/20/2006 7:57:03 PM   
FlashfyreSP

Nighthawk12

1. You'll have to "build" them by purchasing the Infantry formations and then the tranasport formations.

(in reply to Riun T)
Post #: 3
RE: Canadians in SPWaW - 8/20/2006 8:40:45 PM   
Nighthawk12

I'm playing version 8.4.

Playing the Long campaign starting in 39, and have done Riun has done.
Start british, then buy Canadian equipment, after the first battle, change to a
canadian hq.

I just think that there should be a campaign from either italy, or D Day, specific for the
canadians.

Doing another campaign of the Cdn Bn that was involved in the spanish civil war,
I have run into a problem (36) the opposing force buys nothing but armoured cars.

I have killed more armoured cars in two battles than the republicans had in their entire
war inventory.

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 4
RE: Canadians in SPWaW - 8/20/2006 9:04:19 PM   
Riun T

The campaign evolution in a british start of 39 will give u lots of north african fights and does usually go the historical route threw italy and normandy and watch out for your Sariques anphibious landing.
On your present battle are u chasing down the first enemy forces you see? or are u moving and massing troops to engage them in areas you can draw them into or that u know they have to traverse to get to u ?? and whats the overall visablity??? RT

Post #: 5
RE: Canadians in SPWaW - 8/21/2006 2:33:20 AM   
Nighthawk12

I know that the campaign evolution for the Brits involves a lot of desert, slowly working my way through that one.

The one that I am doing right now, the campaign generator gave me 5000 points, and I ended up with 4 rifle companies, and 1 wannabe tank company.

My infantry are engaging him as he comes to me, open feild, or rough ground, my infantry are going about one man dead for every armoured car that they destroy.

I am also advancing against them in those same enviorments.
(before the war, the only arty that I get is off board, (No mortars, no on board)
(Not really a disadvantage vs armoured cars, enough fire at them causes the crew to leave.

(in reply to Riun T)
Post #: 6
RE: Canadians in SPWaW - 8/28/2006 7:45:35 AM   
Nighthawk12

Something I have noticed version 8.4 I think the morale of the canadians is to low.

It is really frusterating when my troops are routing without even a shot being fired in their direction.

I am playing the canadians in the long campaign instead of the british.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Canadians in SPWaW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI