Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Graphics problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Graphics problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Graphics problems - 8/23/2006 2:27:35 AM   
Gratch

More Problems, had the shutdown problem in april in 1.2.25, but that got fixed with 1.2.26, now Im shutting down when detailed battles are loading, anyone else? Detailed battles are not always shutting down when loading, but sometimes is still anoying.
Post #: 1
RE: Graphics problems - 8/23/2006 2:45:58 AM   
Russian Guard

Have not had that problem here - once I downloaded 1.2.26 everything worked A-OK.

Good luck

(in reply to Gratch)
Post #: 2
RE: Graphics problems - 8/23/2006 4:06:30 PM   
ericbabe

You may be experiencing low memory problems.  If you have less than 512MB, perhaps try running in low animation mode (see the readme.txt file for instructions on low animation mode.)

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 3
RE: Graphics problems - 8/24/2006 3:23:42 AM   
Gratch

No, have 768, however did play the saved game all over and the battle didnt occur the 3rd time and the problem has not reappeared

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: Graphics problems - 9/11/2006 12:10:31 AM   
JavaJoe

Still having trouble loading.

Its been a while, I've updated my graphics drivers but the game won't load.

Any help?

Vice President Jersey Association Of Gamers
JerseyGamers.com

(in reply to Gratch)
Post #: 5
RE: Graphics problems - 9/12/2006 6:16:24 PM   
ericbabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: JavaJoe

Have you tried updating your sound drivers and making sure you don't have two conflicting sound drivers installed? This is really the only reason we've been able to determine why the game doesn't load on certain machines (well, that and certain RAID arrays don't seem to work either.)

(in reply to JavaJoe)
Post #: 6
RE: Graphics problems - 9/20/2006 1:35:26 AM   
JavaJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

quote:

Have you tried updating your sound drivers and making sure you don't have two conflicting sound drivers installed? This is really the only reason we've been able to determine why the game doesn't load on certain machines (well, that and certain RAID arrays don't seem to work either.)

I'll check that as well.

JerseyGamers.com

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 7
RE: Graphics problems - 9/23/2006 4:32:34 AM   
jcjordan

Speaking of graphics problems, on my laptop when I get into the game & start going through each screen, the screen gradually becomes littered with bits & pieces of each of the previous pages I was at then locking up & I can't do anything except cntl-alt-del to exit game. I'm sure it's something with my graphics card or video memory but how do I find that info out? I've gone through the control panel & looked as well at other system info but can't find anything on my video but it's been years since I've had to try something like this to track down conflicts. I've got enough ram (184mb) that it should run in low res (128mb) unless that is the problem but the system spec needed by Matrix says it should work. It's a Gateway Solo 1200 & game is fine on my home pc but don't get much chance to load that up so wanting to get it to work on laptop. Any help appreciated.

(in reply to JavaJoe)
Post #: 8
RE: Graphics problems - 9/28/2006 12:54:05 AM   
jcjordan

Well got most of the problem fixed but sometimes still get an Out of Memory error for some reason as my computer isn't reading part of my new memory card for some reason .

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 9
RE: Graphics problems - 10/2/2006 3:33:56 PM   
ericbabe

jcjordan, are you running in LOWANIM mode?  (The spec given for 128MB is for LOWANIM mode.)

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 10
RE: Graphics problems - 10/5/2006 1:43:10 AM   
jcjordan

Problem right now is laptop isn't recognizing all memory on new memory card, I think I got the wrong kind. My laptop is a shared memory for graphics so that takes away from ram but when I can get around to getting right memory card I should be ok to run in low res mode. Right now I can play the game on my laptop but sometimes it just goes wonky especially if I try to load a save game units not being where they were when I saved the game. I can play game on home pc but just don't have time to when there

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 11
RE: Graphics problems - 10/30/2006 12:59:57 AM   
JavaJoe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

quote:

I'll check that as well.

I don't have any conflicts and my sound drivers are updated. Still the same exact thing. Stops on the y on copyright.

JerseyGamers.com

(in reply to JavaJoe)
Post #: 12
RE: Graphics problems - 11/12/2006 1:45:42 AM   
ncarson

Scrambled screens. The game seems to run OK and I am using nVidia card with latest driver.  Things look OK except the screen (the advisors etc) layouts and fonts etc are not lined up.  Even in the beginning, for example, the list of name of opponents the fonts are too big, and do not fit into the box.  The development minister's screen is particularly messed up, and difficult to impossible to read because things seem to try to wrap around.  I normally use two monitors with this computer, so maybe that is the problem.  That's my next line of experimentation. 

(in reply to JavaJoe)
Post #: 13
RE: Graphics problems - 11/12/2006 2:00:24 AM   
ncarson

I tried turning off one of the monitors and reset the software as well to just use one. No effect. The screens are a real mess, with some formatted OK, and others rather scrambeled.

(in reply to ncarson)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Graphics problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI