Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/29/2006 1:43:46 PM   
puresimmer

OK, 1.35 adds a beta test of the new integrated multiplayer support, you no longer have to have your own FTP space to run a league!

http://www.puresim.com/PureSim2007-SetupRelease-v135_RCPatch.exe

Changes:
======

- Fix: Error 6 when viewing defensive chart for some players (introduced in 1.34)

- New: Integrated BETA version of new 'Matrix Online' support for hosting multiplayer leagues (Note: This version simply uses one of my old FTP servers for a test, so download speeds will be a bit slow, when we get the Matrix servers setup I'll cut over to their servers and it should be super fast)

- New: Now using 7z for multiplayer association compression resulting in 3x to 5x smaller file sizes resulting in greatly improved upload/download times (Note to multiplayer leagues in progress -- you must all be on 1.35 AND the commish must re-upload the assn after installing 1.35)

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/29/2006 1:45:17 PM   
puresimmer

Anybody want to commish a test association? I'll play :)

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/29/2006 1:50:02 PM   
Ankit

I will play too... Shaun, after installing 1.34 RC patch, the fonts for viewing web pages with IE are acting funky. Initially, all text disappeared, even from within the game. I rebooted, and now all fonts are being displayed in Italics. Have you had anyone else report this? I am downloading 1.35 as I type this and will install that and see if the problem continues.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/29/2006 2:01:41 PM   
puresimmer

Nope. PureSim should have no impact on fonts.

(in reply to Ankit)
Post #: 4
RE: PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/29/2006 2:54:44 PM   
WildBiL

I just thought I'd register and pop on line to say thanks to Shawn for the work on PureSim, including all these patches.

I bought the game a few weeks ago and have managed to work my way through a couple of associations past ten years and I'm really enjoying it. Just had the first player enter the HOF (one of my pitchers).

I remember reading a thread a week or two ago about other sports we'd be interested in, and the nostalgia for FPS Football set in. I remember all your mods for that Shawn, and the first notice of your desire years ago to build a baseball sim, which you you now obviously have done, to some success. Keep it up. If you manage something like this for hockey, that would be awesome!

Not much going on in the lockerroom forum, but if there are any leagues starting up based on fictional players, esp. now with the new multiplayer hosting, I'd be interested.

Thanks again Shawn.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/29/2006 3:52:53 PM   
Ankit

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Nope. PureSim should have no impact on fonts.

Ok, must be something else. It seems the two defaults fonts (Verdana, Verdana Bold) were corrupted and thats the reason the fonts were screwed up.

Also, I thought we were not going to get any new features for the 2007 version. What's up with the all the new additions in 1.34 and 1.35? They are pretty significant new additions and want to thank you for not waiting till the next year's product to get more sales.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 6
RE: PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/29/2006 4:11:24 PM   
XCom

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Anybody want to commish a test association? I'll play :)

Shaun, I'm running a test currently and I'm going to have everyone upgrade to 1.35 this week. We'd be happy to have you join us! See PM for info.

Thanks again for implementing the new compression routine. I'm so happy it worked out!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 7
RE: PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/29/2006 6:06:33 PM   
WildBiL

Hmmm. I upgraded and the game is telling me the xml file I'm using is incompatable, and to check the puresim.xml to see what changes need to be made to custom files. I saw nothing different from the last few Betas, so I ignored the warning and the league seems to be working . . . is this just a glitch, or does it mean something?

(in reply to XCom)
Post #: 8
RE: PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/29/2006 6:35:03 PM   
Deltadog

I have not installed 135 yet, but when 134 came out I got the same message. Probably you are using an edited xml file like I am and the game cannot update them. I keep a copy of the prior default xml file in a back up directory so I can compare the new and old when I get such a message. When I upgraded to 134 I got such a message and compared the 2 files. Differance was only the version number. The 133 patch used version 376 and the 134 patch used version 379. I then opened the deadball xml which my assn used and changed the version from 376 to 379 and that eliminated the message. Since the deadball.xml and puresim.xml are differant to begin with any other differances may not matter?

< Message edited by Deltadog -- 8/30/2006 12:33:18 AM >

(in reply to WildBiL)
Post #: 9
RE: PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/29/2006 7:23:56 PM   
WildBiL

After fiddling with it for a while, I find you are correct, DD.

Version number amended to 380, and no more warnings. Thx.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 10
RE: PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/30/2006 2:59:30 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

I have not installed 135 yet, but when 134 came out I got the same message. Probably you are using an edited xml file like I am and the game cannot update them. I keep a copy of the prior default xml file in a back up directory so I can compare the new and old when I get such a message. When I upgraded to 134 I got such a message and compared the 2 files. Differance was only the version number. The 133 patch used version 376 and the 134 patch used version 379. I then opened the deadball xml which my assn used and changed the version from 376 to 379 and that eliminated the message. Since the deadball.xml and puresim.xml are differant to begin with any other differances may not matter?

Exactly correct. Thanks Delta. Sorry about being so draconian with the version number, but its part of an automated process I run whenever I make database changes, a few years back I got burned a few times with not keeping the XML in synch with the code, so I play it a bit conservative these days.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 11
RE: PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available - 8/30/2006 3:23:57 AM   
KG Erwin

Jeez, Shaun, I didn't think the word "conservative" was even in your vocabulary. 

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> PureSim v1.35 Release Candidate 4 Available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI