Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any news?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Any news? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any news? - 1/6/2006 6:46:24 PM   
SurrenderMonkey

Anything at all?
Post #: 1
RE: Any news? - 1/7/2006 7:46:22 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

yeah Erik, I see you've posted a possible February release in the BG forums.....how 'bout a bit of news for us CS nerds?

(in reply to SurrenderMonkey)
Post #: 2
RE: Any news? - 1/20/2006 1:13:02 AM   
hurtzDonut

Is anyone out there?

"Invader blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubberpants" Invader Zim

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 3
RE: Any news? - 1/22/2006 5:21:53 AM   
rhondabrwn

Apparently not

We're lost sheep here.

But happy news will come eventually.

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to hurtzDonut)
Post #: 4
RE: Any news? - 1/24/2006 6:15:36 PM   
SurrenderMonkey

*bump*

Wise Men Still Seek Him

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 5
RE: Any news? - 2/7/2006 4:35:17 PM   
Arkady

Any news ?

What's about all-games-in-one pack at least, I hope for it before christmass...

(in reply to SurrenderMonkey)
Post #: 6
RE: Any news? - 3/6/2006 12:45:13 PM   
e_barkmann

nothing official in months - methinks we are now talking vapourware.

Cheers Chris

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Arkady)
Post #: 7
RE: Any news? - 3/6/2006 4:44:09 PM   
David Heath

We are moving forward and John Tiller has given us some updates. We will be saying some more soon.

David

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 8
RE: Any news? - 3/6/2006 10:52:05 PM   
e_barkmann

Excellent, very glad to hear of some progress!

Cheers

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 9
RE: Any news? - 3/13/2006 3:02:02 AM   
kylenapoleon

That is good news, even if it is still vague. I look forward to the release.

Post #: 10
RE: Any news? - 4/9/2006 8:22:29 AM   
jchastain

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

We are moving forward and John Tiller has given us some updates. We will be saying some more soon.

David

That was a bit more than a month ago. Are we closing in on "soon" yet?

Post #: 11
RE: Any news? - 4/9/2006 7:28:53 PM   
David Heath

Hi Everyone

Yes but still a little ways to go befroe we are ready. We expect TOAW to go first then followed by the Battleground series.

David

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 12
RE: Any news? - 4/9/2006 9:19:06 PM   
jchastain

quote:

Hi Everyone

Yes but still a little ways to go befroe we are ready. We expect TOAW to go first then followed by the Battleground series.

David

David -
Let me just be sure I have this correct. The priority is TAOW, then Battleground, then Campaign. So we are likely 2 years away from seeing the rerelease of this title. Is that correct? Clearly I think we were hoping we would see it a lot sooner, but I must say it is far easier to deal with the truth and know this one is out a ways than it is to keep checking back wondering why nothing seems to be happening. Please confirm that intent and thanks for being honest on the priorities.

Post #: 13
RE: Any news? - 4/9/2006 10:07:21 PM   
rhondabrwn

quote:

ORIGINAL: jchastain

quote:

Hi Everyone

David

David -
Let me just be sure I have this correct. The priority is TAOW, then Battleground, then Campaign. So we are likely 2 years away from seeing the rerelease of this title. Is that correct? Clearly I think we were hoping we would see it a lot sooner, but I must say it is far easier to deal with the truth and know this one is out a ways than it is to keep checking back wondering why nothing seems to be happening. Please confirm that intent and thanks for being honest on the priorities.

I don't think anything that David said translates into "two years". My mental fantasy would be the release sometime this summer, say within 4 months.

What about it David? Am I being too optimistic?

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 14
RE: Any news? - 4/10/2006 5:43:36 AM   
jchastain

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

I don't think anything that David said translates into "two years". My mental fantasy would be the release sometime this summer, say within 4 months.

Looking at the timeline to date for TAOW, I think it would be safe to say that you are likely a little too optimistic and that I am probably a little too pesimistic. But I always believed in managing expectation so that people are pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed and I tend to skew my estimates based on that philosophy.

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 15
RE: Any news? - 4/10/2006 6:00:05 AM   
David Heath

quote:

ORIGINAL: jchastain

quote:

Hi Everyone

David

David -

Hi

I have no idea how you got 2 years <g>. There are 3 teams working on each of these projects so I do not see it going that long. I know you are upset over the GOA game but please remember that Frank Hunter is his own developer and he sets his own timelines. The Talonsoft games are totally Matrix projects and God willing will go much faster.

David

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 16
RE: Any news? - 4/10/2006 6:01:16 AM   
David Heath

[[/quote]

David -
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes you are a lot closer to where I see things going.

David

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 17
RE: Any news? - 4/10/2006 4:05:43 PM   
jchastain

quote:

Hi

I have no idea how you got 2 years <g>. There are 3 teams working on each of these projects so I do not see it going that long. I know you are upset over the GOA game but please remember that Frank Hunter is his own developer and he sets his own timelines. The Talonsoft games are totally Matrix projects and God willing will go much faster.

David

Well, to be honest, where I got 2 years from was in not really thinking through that these were clean-ups. Sometimes my fingers move faster than my brain. My gut says 4 months is still overly aggressive based on the timeline for TAOW and the priorities you laid out, but that might just be me being overly conservative.

As for the GOA thing, I do understand the situation with Frank. Not to be nasty, but I also have seen a history of Matrix promising updates that never come and I just think that the communication needs to be better managed.

Post #: 18
RE: Any news? - 4/10/2006 5:22:08 PM   
David Heath

quote:

Well, to be honest, where I got 2 years from was in not really thinking through that these were clean-ups. Sometimes my fingers move faster than my brain. My gut says 4 months is still overly aggressive based on the timeline for TAOW and the priorities you laid out, but that might just be me being overly conservative.

As for the GOA thing, I do understand the situation with Frank. Not to be nasty, but I also have seen a history of Matrix promising updates that never come and I just think that the communication needs to be better managed.

Well I agree that our timing been off in the past and now why I won't give a release date. A lot of the problem withdate giving is that the developers are giving Matrix there best guess and it can be very off. Matrix never wants to push the developer before the game is ready. Understand where you are coming from and we are trying to make changes so that does not happen that often.

David

< Message edited by David Heath -- 4/10/2006 5:23:01 PM >

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 19
RE: Any news? - 4/15/2006 8:30:21 AM   
darkentrees

From a random developer appreciating that there actually are professionals out there who understand developers. There is nothing worse than being badgered for dates and estimates. It is better that they are submitted and published... However, also being a rabid fan of the series when I am not at work, I still want my East Front! Make zem verk harder!!!

Crom!

Post #: 20
RE: Any news? - 5/30/2006 5:11:36 PM   
jchastain

quote:

quote:

quote:

David -

Yes you are a lot closer to where I see things going.

David

It has been almost 2 of the 4 months mentioned and TAOW is not yet released.  For the record, I believe you are doing the right thing with TAOW and I hope you follow the same approach with these other titles.  I would rather have an improved game at Christmas than a retread right now.  But I think it is now safe to assume that we won't see the Campaign Series this summer (and likely not in Fall either).  No need to give a date as I know you do not yet have one.  I'm just stating the obvious and as I said, despite the wait I am pleased with the apparent direction.

Post #: 21
RE: Any news? - 8/13/2006 2:30:08 AM   
hurtzDonut

Please, any news would be appreciated!

"Invader blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubberpants" Invader Zim

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 22
RE: Any news? - 8/15/2006 7:52:49 PM   
vadersson

Hey Gang,

I ran into (I think) David at Gen-Con. Talonsoft had a booth there. So I grilled him on getting these games out. He told me that the campaign series should be out before Christmas. Hopefully they can make it. I did not press him for any other details like enhancements and such, but he did promise XP compatability. Lets just keep our fingers crossed.

See ya,
Duncan

(in reply to hurtzDonut)
Post #: 23
RE: Any news? - 8/18/2006 7:05:22 PM   
british exil

Hi All
So if I understand you all correctly I should be able to play WFII before christmas. I have the version from Talonsoft. Can I patch it up to work on XP or will I have to purchase a matrix version?
I hope not as my christmas list is getting longer and longer.

(in reply to vadersson)
Post #: 24
RE: Any news? - 8/29/2006 7:16:14 AM   
Chop_Suey

1st post

Greetings all.

After years of wishing I could have gotten my old WF & EFII games to work again with XP, I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed EFII available through the 'Yahoo games on demand'.  I had the pleasure of being able to play one of my all time favorite PC games again, bringing back memories and battle stratigies from the years of playing SL.  Unfortunatly, Yahoo didn't release the game when they recently changed thier format and it was back to wishing.  Which of course, has led me to find this forum and the hopefully soon to be released Matrix Campaign series.

Having never played Rising Sun, I am looking forward to this release as well as any new updates.  I will be checking these boards frequently with baited breath and hope for sooner rather than later :)

CS

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 25
RE: Any news? - 8/29/2006 5:48:20 PM   
JReb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chop_Suey

1st post

Greetings all.

After years of wishing I could have gotten my old WF & EFII games to work again with XP, I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed EFII available through the 'Yahoo games on demand'.  I had the pleasure of being able to play one of my all time favorite PC games again, bringing back memories and battle stratigies from the years of playing SL.  Unfortunatly, Yahoo didn't release the game when they recently changed thier format and it was back to wishing.  Which of course, has led me to find this forum and the hopefully soon to be released Matrix Campaign series.

Having never played Rising Sun, I am looking forward to this release as well as any new updates.  I will be checking these boards frequently with baited breath and hope for sooner rather than later :)

CS

Have you gotten your EF2 to play on your XP machine? If not there is some advice somewhere around here regarding how to install it differently than the usual self-install.

My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!

(in reply to Chop_Suey)
Post #: 26
RE: Any news? - 8/29/2006 7:54:54 PM   
Chop_Suey

Negetive on the install.  I've tried many times, many different ways, all to no avail.  I'm pretty sure the discs may be too far gone, though I've tried to take care of them, hoping someday to build a Win98 PC just for these games.  I'm sure I can prove myself as hardcore to these games as anyone, I'm just too stupid when it comes to making certain things work on the PC.  If anyone out there has any other recomendations aside from all those listed in these forums, feel free to chime in.  Otherwise, I'll have to continue getting my WWII wargaming fix in other ways until this game is released.

I hate Yahoo

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 27
RE: Any news? - 8/29/2006 9:57:43 PM   
Jason Petho

Good day, Chop Suey

Read through this and see if it helps.

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20307

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

(in reply to Chop_Suey)
Post #: 28
RE: Any news? - 8/29/2006 11:48:36 PM   
Chop_Suey

Yes, thank you, I have tried this.  I cannot install either game on two different 64b XP PCs.  The installations error out before they finish.  I have also tried copying the files to my hard drive to open with the .exe, but they also error out before completion.  Which is why I am thinking perhaps there may be a problem with the discs themselves, but I don't know for sure.  I've considered buying new discs, but they seem very hard to find and I'm not paying $90.00 to the sharks on ebay,  I'm not that impatient.

As for moving, copying, and altering files in general, I am a noob, so convinced I will botch them completely,  I am reluctant to even try.  I will however continue the vigil of getting all or even just one of these great games working properly on my PC or die trying.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 29
RE: Any news? - 9/4/2006 4:10:19 AM   
kc_chiefs

I was able to install the old games just fine using XP64.

Funny enough I cant get Combat Mission II or III to work properly! Newer games, go figure.

Bill Peters

(in reply to Chop_Suey)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Any news? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI