Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker >> Multi-player Leagues >> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 3:19:44 AM   
SittingDuck

Ok, I've been working with Cory on his roster update issue and we have discovered it is something on his end.  Not sure what.  So if anyone else has problems such as his (check this thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1237315 ), then please let us know.  And state it in that support thread, too.

So far I've gotten about 3-4 roster updates and one failed one from Cory (Oakland).

So, since they're in default, Jose has had a fit, spun out his Ferrari into a wall, been cheating on his hottie wife, and wants to pitch for Pittsburgh.  All because Cory has some Alaska ISP issue. 

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 211
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 3:31:59 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

Ok, I've been working with Cory on his roster update issue and we have discovered it is something on his end.  Not sure what.  So if anyone else has problems such as his (check this thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1237315 ), then please let us know.  And state it in that support thread, too.

So far I've gotten about 3-4 roster updates and one failed one from Cory (Oakland).

So, since they're in default, Jose has had a fit, spun out his Ferrari into a wall, been cheating on his hottie wife, and wants to pitch for Pittsburgh.  All because Cory has some Alaska ISP issue. 

LOL!!! Must have something to do with that oil pipeline shutdown? They have net connections imbedded in the pipelines? Wouldn't surprise me.

His team is the 89 A's, here's the logo -- is this the one you want, Cory?

Heck, we can have Paul Vebber put it in there for you -- he's a Matrix Administrator.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 8/28/2006 3:35:53 AM >

Post #: 212
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 3:38:28 AM   
dneely

Guys:

Two things.

1. Where are the team logos stored inside the game?? I want to use my Brooklyn Dodgers logo but I can't find it.

2. I uploaded my roster and lineup changes and the contact info earlier today. No problem on this end and it seemed to work very quickly other than taking forever to say there was NOT a new association file available.

Dodgers are ready.

David

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 213
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 3:51:27 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: dneely

Guys:

Two things.

1. Where are the team logos stored inside the game?? I want to use my Brooklyn Dodgers logo but I can't find it.

Dodgers are ready.

David

David, the team logos are imbedded inside the Pure Sim/html/images folder. The existing one for the Dodgers is this, which I frankly think is kinda ugly:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 214
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 3:53:15 AM   
akcranker

LOL yea Jose is pretty pissed!!!  Mark's enjoying his vacation up here in AK though.

About that logo.. yea that logo would work.  I'll keep messing with the avatar.

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 215
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 3:54:58 AM   
akcranker

hmm okay I got it working.. I guess I forgot how to hit "apply" LOL

BTW I'm talking about the Avatar here.. not the FTP issues.

< Message edited by akcranker -- 8/28/2006 3:55:40 AM >

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 216
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 3:55:07 AM   
KG Erwin

Dave, I'd go with this one, that shows the Brooklyn bridge:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 217
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 4:07:35 AM   
SittingDuck

quote:

ORIGINAL: akcranker
BTW I'm talking about the Avatar here.. not the FTP issues.

Yeah, man you got me excited there for a second.

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 218
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 4:09:26 AM   
KG Erwin

Alternatively, David, to accent "Dodger Blue", here's the logo from 1901:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 219
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 4:24:23 AM   
KG Erwin

Phil, you switched to the new server? Getting the file is taking considerably longer than before.  I suppose that's the price we pay for it being free.  I can post messages while I'm waiting.   5 -10  minute wait.  I just wanted to check out the free agent list. Dang.

Not worth it. They are indeed scrubs.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 8/28/2006 4:29:42 AM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 220
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 4:32:33 AM   
Deltadog

Both are gif format files.

My problem was the same as Cory's. I did not have to hit apply when I uploaded the cap.

< Message edited by Deltadog -- 8/28/2006 4:39:39 AM >

Post #: 221
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 4:48:45 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

Both are gif format files.

My problem was the same as Cory's. I did not have to hit apply when I uploaded the cap.

Well, all of the logos I use were obtained thru Padres Fan's site, so he is the main man.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 222
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 4:52:22 AM   
KG Erwin

The more dominant league in power-rankings -- looks like the NL.  Too bad we can't have a bonafide All-Star game.

(sorry-- can't resist a dig at the junior circuit. )

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 223
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 6:30:03 AM   
dneely

Hey Guys:

Thanks for the logos!! I think the older more traditional one with the big, bold and blue B is the best one.. Again thanks.

David

DNeely

PureSim Vet

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 224
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 6:46:56 AM   
akcranker

Looking at my roster I was wondering why Rickey Henderson wasn't on my roster.  So I searched on the net and found out that he didn't come over to Oakland til June 20th 0f 1989 in a trade from New York :(  I was bummed.

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 225
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 8:02:28 AM   
Fouts

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

Fouts - just checking your roster update.  You went with a four-man rotation, correct?

To start the season, yes.

Post #: 226
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/28/2006 3:24:57 PM   
tbear2b

Ok, Minnesota '91 has uploaded GM info and GM tendencies to the latest association file.

I'm getting excited about this guys. Hopefully having Matrix's space to use will facilitate more leagues too.

(in reply to Fouts)
Post #: 227
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/29/2006 1:36:25 AM   
SittingDuck

A killer dark blue border on that Dodgers logo would look awesome. 

It's funny how many teams went with the 'B'.  Or should I say, how absurdly similar the one used by Boston and Brooklyn was.  If I was to wear an olde tyme Dodgers cap with a 'B' on it, everyone would ask if I was a Boston. 

Mainly because they (Boston) have cornered the market on selling Boston caps in basically any color possible.  I call it the 'Rainbow' marketing strategy.

(in reply to tbear2b)
Post #: 228
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/29/2006 6:11:50 AM   
PadresFan104

Sorry that I've been quiet lately guys, been caught up in Madden and Texas Holdem for a couple of weeks.  I'll check out the Phillies and upload any changes tonight...

Post #: 229
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/29/2006 5:29:21 PM   
Deltadog

Note that a new Beta Patch 135 is now out. I have downloaded it. Installation could effect what we are doing? Should we install it now before you sim the first weeks games and we need to download the new file or what? It appears that we all must have that version installed if any of us do?

Post #: 230
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/29/2006 7:14:03 PM   
WildBiL

If you guys are still looking for a few owners, I'll be happy to take a team. Detroit preferred, but anything will do.

If not, I shall stay abreast of any developments here.

Thanks

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 231
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/29/2006 7:40:10 PM   
SittingDuck

Doesn't matter if you upgrade or not - it will still take the roster updates.  But I will upgrade after the first sim session (still not sure if that is going down on Wednesday or not, since Cory still has roster issues, and I don't know how many guys have actually uploaded roster changes.

Yes, WildBil, you can certainly have Detroit.  Just get the file and change it to Human-owned, putting in a password for yourself.  Then upload your 'stuff'.

(in reply to WildBiL)
Post #: 232
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/29/2006 11:00:41 PM   
WildBiL

Thanks SD.

I'll try to get my info in before tonight's deadline.

Post #: 233
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/29/2006 11:12:39 PM   
WildBiL

Further to my last,

I can't access Detroit from the opening menu, 'cuz it's not onthe list (CPU ownership).

I'll pick it up after you sim the first week tonight, or, if you can change the file before tonight, I can access it and input my contact info, logo, and lineup changes.

(in reply to WildBiL)
Post #: 234
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/30/2006 12:01:26 AM   
KG Erwin

Just wanted to say hello, Bil, and welcome to the league. 

Glenn

(in reply to WildBiL)
Post #: 235
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/30/2006 12:19:24 AM   
Deltadog

Where did you get the association file?  If you downloaded version 3 from rapidshare, you can log in as commissioner (unless he set a password after I downloaded and then uploaded the new copy to rapidshare)  and make the change yourself.

However, this will present another problem if my recent experience is an example.  I recently upgraded to Beta 135.  Now when I open the league, it tries to contact the FTP server and fails.  I believe that this is probably because the files on the server are still Beta 134.  Judging by your question about the xml on another thread, you have upgraded also.  Until Sittingduck upgrades, I don't think either of us will be able to upload or download to the FTP server.  This is not a problem for me as I had already submitted my roster changes before the upgrade, but will probably prevent your doing so.  It will be interesting to see if I am right or if I have a new problem that his upgrade is not going to cure.

(in reply to WildBiL)
Post #: 236
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/30/2006 2:27:10 AM   
WildBiL

Thanks for the welcome Glenn. Better late than never. ;-)

DD, Yes, I upgraded to 135 already. I have an older copy of the league file that I can access as commish as you say, and there isn't much to be done with the Tigers as it is, so if I don't get my info uploaded till next sim day, that isn't a problem. Just happy to get in on the league anyway, latecomer that I am.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 237
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/30/2006 2:40:39 AM   
SittingDuck

WildBil,

I'll post a copy at Rapidshare and have set Detroit to human; then you can enter, change and upload. I'll PM you with the link.

EDIT: I still don't have lineups from like half the owners. C'mon guys - I mean, we're not doing the first session until tomorrow, but you've had lots of time.

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 8/30/2006 2:42:51 AM >

(in reply to WildBiL)
Post #: 238
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/30/2006 2:46:56 AM   
Paul Vebber

I've been on vacation since last Wed - are we supposed to be using 1.34 since 1.35 won't conect, or should we use 1.35??

Post #: 239
RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! - 8/30/2006 3:38:16 AM   
KG Erwin

Alright, Phil, we need to have every owner using the latest patch.   We all need to be on the same page.  

Let's hold off on simming until we all get synched.  Dang, I hate to come off as a domineering owner -- that's not my style, guys.  Sorry.

However, Shaun keeps throwing patches at us, and while that is good, it's wreaking havoc on the league. 

We can't start in a condition of chaotic changes.  My rosters are set.   Phil, who's left?

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker >> Multi-player Leagues >> RE: Puresim Multiplayer League - Greatest All-Time Teams! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI