Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

turkey is a loser!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> turkey is a loser! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
turkey is a loser! - 8/30/2006 1:47:08 AM   
General Lee

Ok so I'm playing as turkey on normal and I've kept my nose clean. No major wars (i.e. only with countries I'm going to conquer), just alot of building of infrastructure. So I finally am ready to fight to conquer, my nml is at 1000 and the people love me, so I declar war on austria, and kick its ass royally. Now though, sweden, who has been at war with me since near the beginning (for what reason, I don't know, but they've been fighting everyone else as well.) and so they along with a coalition of french and prussians (both are pretty strong) they invade and I fight them several times, each time with my forces at a slight numerical disadvantage, and each involving almost 800 thousand men. out of 4 times I fight these massive battles, I win 2 and they win 2. then a fifth battle takes place and its a decisive victory on my part, BUT I SURRENDER TO THEM! my national morale had been slipping off of 1000, a little each turn but only by about 1 point. so in the month of the final large battle, I hade 997 nml, but insurrectionist force me to surrender to both prussia and france and because of it, I lose all the gains from my previous conquests, which included turkish national land. So why has this happened? I can spare the lands I took from austria, but les wallachia has been in british hands since the beginning and I finally got it back. I'd just declare war to get it back, but I'm afraid that the same thing will happen. can anyone help me?
Post #: 1
RE: turkey is a loser! - 8/30/2006 4:00:16 AM   
Joram

May not be an answer as I'm not certain how it works, but is it possible they had a diplomat that pressured you to peace? I know I try that on the enemy but am never sure if it worked.

(in reply to General Lee)
Post #: 2
RE: turkey is a loser! - 8/30/2006 4:58:50 AM   
General Lee

i don't think so, because I've been very quick about kicking out all diplomats out due to fear of revolutions among my protectorates.

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 3
RE: turkey is a loser! - 8/30/2006 6:26:32 AM   
jimwinsor

And besides, Pressuring Peace only causes you to lose Gold IIRC.

The only theory to this mystery I can come up with: did Turkey lose Empire status in the midst of all this heavy fighting?  That might explain it...

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

Post #: 4
RE: turkey is a loser! - 8/30/2006 9:49:16 AM   
General Lee

no, I had control over all of africa, and was well within my quota

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 5
RE: turkey is a loser! - 8/30/2006 2:46:18 PM   
JReb

Look at your morale report and see what drove it down. Excessive casualties?

My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!

Post #: 6
RE: turkey is a loser! - 8/30/2006 3:41:58 PM   
Syagrius

Where can I check the morale report?

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 7
RE: turkey is a loser! - 8/30/2006 7:41:06 PM   
Clausel

Press p to go to the countries screen. For your country left click the second box (with two faces) to the right of the large number 1-8. The other boxes include the glory, objectives and training reports. The economy screen also has access to these reports.

< Message edited by Clausel -- 8/30/2006 7:57:15 PM >

(in reply to Syagrius)
Post #: 8
RE: turkey is a loser! - 8/30/2006 9:22:49 PM   
JReb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Syagrius

Where can I check the morale report?

It is with the Economic Advisor screen, Nation tab, not the trade tabs. Look for the black buttons on the left and click Morale, scroll down to the bottom to look at the latest factors affecting morale.

My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!

(in reply to Syagrius)
Post #: 9
RE: turkey is a loser! - 8/31/2006 6:40:05 AM   
AvalonHillfan

I find food difficult to manage. The system pumps up your population until you achieve an unsustainable size, and then people starve. I think you'll find you lost morale to starvation. It can cost over 100 morale per turn. And if your massive army was in supply -- maybe you stopped feeding your people.

In every resource management game I've played, I've wanted a better database. I understand that databases are resource intensive, expensive to build, and difficult to use, which is why I'm guessing no game has a satisfactory database.

The best game database and data screens are in Galactic Civ.

Post #: 10
RE: turkey is a loser! - 8/31/2006 8:14:50 PM   
JReb

quote:

ORIGINAL: AvalonHillfan

I find food difficult to manage. The system pumps up your population until you achieve an unsustainable size, and then people starve. I think you'll find you lost morale to starvation. It can cost over 100 morale per turn. And if your massive army was in supply -- maybe you stopped feeding your people.

In every resource management game I've played, I've wanted a better database. I understand that databases are resource intensive, expensive to build, and difficult to use, which is why I'm guessing no game has a satisfactory database.

The best game database and data screens are in Galactic Civ.

I haven't had that problem but I am usually improving my Farms in each province right after Roads, Barracks and Factories. Of course there are exceptions to this rule, especially frontline provinces where guns and walls may be of more importance.

Are you improving Farms. You can also trade for food if you have excess of other goods.

(in reply to AvalonHillfan)
Post #: 11
RE: turkey is a loser! - 9/1/2006 5:35:18 AM   
General Lee

i have been improving all of my cities, and farms are of high importance, although I did notice I was cutting it close with how much food is needed and how much I was using. In anycase i went back, and one the battles in detail that I had lost in quick battles and I still had to surrender, but I understand why now. It was because the fight was just too much, even I had to admit defeat. I won many huge battles but they were pyrrhic victories and I just couldn't keep up with 4 powerful nations attacking me at the same time. Its ok though, because I surrendered to 3 nations at once and they all wanted the same 4 provinces so britain ended up getting all of them and everyone else got screwed. so i whipped sweden and used their land to trade for the land i lost and then some.

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> turkey is a loser! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI