Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any issues still left before the final patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Any issues still left before the final patch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/3/2006 8:33:21 PM   
verizon32

This game is very solid. I am enjoying the heck out of it.
Any issues still left before final patch?
Post #: 1
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/4/2006 1:10:37 AM   
BauerPower

I really would like if the statistical splits would be saved in the almanac in the first season of an association. The splits are listed properly on the player's card, but not the almanac. And of course after the season is complete and you proceed to the second season, the splits on the player's card are lost, never to be seen again. No matter how many times you rebuild the almanac in the first season of an association, the splits are not saved. When you get the the end of the first season, the first year's splits are not saved. Then when you rebuild the almanac during the second season or after the second season, the almanac starts saving the splits, but the first season's splits are not reflected, so the splits stats are never totally accurate for the players who played in the first season of an association. This started happening around patch 1.27 or thereabouts and continues up to this latest patch. Other than that, 1.35 does seem very solid.

(in reply to verizon32)
Post #: 2
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/4/2006 7:02:11 AM   
Woodruff

Two things I noticed today that SHOULD be easy fixes, I would think:

1) Actually, I've noticed this first one several times, and it's always annoyed me. If I replace my pitcher, and my opponent puts in a pinch-runner at the same time, I don't get a chance to react to that change (for instance, to try to pitch-out). The pinch-runner doesn't come in until after I press (enter) to continue with the play. I should get a chance to react to the pinch-runner. This may even happen when I'm not replacing my pitcher...that's just when I've noticed it each time.

2) Bottom of the 9th in a tie game, guy on 3rd base with one out. Grounder to the SS, and he throws it to FIRST BASE, allowing the winning run to score. Uh...SS gets sent to A-ball so he can LEARN THE FREAKING FUNDAMENTALS OF THE GAME.

(in reply to verizon32)
Post #: 3
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/5/2006 11:19:26 PM   
wlfcards

Computer teams have too many players on their rosters

(in reply to verizon32)
Post #: 4
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/7/2006 12:56:02 AM   
henry296

quote:

ORIGINAL: wlfcards

Computer teams have too many players on their rosters

I saw this earlier, but I thought Shaun fixed it. What size rosters are you using?

(in reply to wlfcards)
Post #: 5
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/7/2006 7:31:49 PM   
wlfcards

"What size rosters are you using? "  60.  Also, on the sign player menu roster size excludes players on DL.   So if you have 58 active & 1 DL and go to sign a player, it only shows 58 players.

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 6
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/8/2006 1:28:58 AM   
SpharV2

Anyone else seeing the hit lines randomly not showing up? It doesn't happen every time, or even often, but once or twice a game, it goes through the whole process, but doesn't show the line, it just says the hitter flied out to wherever. Never seen it on a hit, just on fly outs.

(in reply to wlfcards)
Post #: 7
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/8/2006 3:50:52 AM   
Woodruff

I have also seen the ball-flight lines not show up, on both hits and fly outs, but MOST of the time it happens on fly outs.

(in reply to SpharV2)
Post #: 8
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/8/2006 3:59:33 AM   
puresimmer

Are you sure you are not pressing a key (which causes the animation to be skipped)?

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to Woodruff)
Post #: 9
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/8/2006 5:45:40 AM   
SpharV2

Yep, I never have the keyboard near me when watching a game.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 10
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/8/2006 6:20:10 AM   
Deltadog

This happens several times each game.  I have never seen in on anything  but a fly out, ususally to center field.  The ball it pitched, there is a crack of the bat and the ball seems to start away from the hitter and then the game appears to speed up and and you get the message, "hitter's name flew out to center"   I have been seeing this for the last 4 or 5 patches.  I mentioned it once before.  See post 75 & 77 http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1210818&mpage=3&key=deltadog&#1216932

(in reply to SpharV2)
Post #: 11
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/8/2006 2:25:34 PM   
lynchjm24

The defensive stats in the almanac still exclude players who have left the team during that offseason. So you end up with huge gaps at positions.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 12
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/8/2006 3:38:31 PM   
robpost3

I too still see the ball flight skip...also last night bottom of the ninth on my way to being on the wrong end of a shut out...no outs man on first deep fly out to left and my man on first decides to tag up to second on his own and gets thrown out!!! actually have no problem with this (i would have initiated this myself if the tag up from first prompt was still avail), this is not a problem, I do miss the prompt to tag form 1st even it was was a bit annoying. Guys like Rickey Henderson made careers testing outfielders arms and success can turn a game around. I have to say though I am very pleased the things are going Love the aforementioned tag without my promp, and the throw outs on extra base taken is really great....In a previous post I heard the aging/arc on pitchers stuff needs to be turned down while I have not experienced this (I manage all my games, havent got through a season yet...) I would agree on what I hear--I did notice updated avg/stats during in gamecast, the line up card vs gamecast vs at bat/pitcher cards do not jive....one is always of behind in updating-not a real biggey to me ( i think the at bat/pitcher card is always correct-I hope)....also one question...do you need to complete a season before the vs pitcher stats work in gamecast or do I need to start my association over ( because I did not when I patched and I have patched every time) for it to work..
Great game ...great staff...great community...

(in reply to lynchjm24)
Post #: 13
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/8/2006 8:52:46 PM   
Woodruff

Yes Shaun, I'm certain that I was not hitting any keyboard keys or mouse buttons when this happens.

(in reply to robpost3)
Post #: 14
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/10/2006 9:29:00 PM   
wlfcards

Running 1.36 - Problem with Gameplay AI

Computer was down 6-2 bottom of 6. Due up in inning 2 ofs - 1 Hitting 303 with 37 HRS, 2 Hitting 275 with 7 HRs. PH for #1, not #2 with OF hitting 284 with 33 HRS. Then in bottom of 8 pinch hit for the repalcement OF with an OF hitting 280 with 7 HRS. Also, the computer brought in defensive replacements at the Top of the 8th behind 8-2.

(in reply to verizon32)
Post #: 15
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/10/2006 10:32:11 PM   
Woodruff

wlf...that's not a bad move...that's just CONFIDENCE! (laughing)

(in reply to wlfcards)
Post #: 16
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/11/2006 3:04:28 AM   
wlfcards

Another game play issue. Computer is down 4-1 bottom of the ninth. Runner on 1st, 0 outs. Fly out to right. Arm of RF is 70. Speed of runner 53. Thrown out trying to tag.

(in reply to Woodruff)
Post #: 17
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/11/2006 3:07:24 AM   
wlfcards

Running 1.37. Once playoffs start, splits disappear - .000 vs l and r.
Have several players who never fully recover. 1 stays at Fair even with no playing time.

(in reply to verizon32)
Post #: 18
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/11/2006 4:37:33 AM   
henry296

The splits issue is an caused by the design of the database. 

(in reply to wlfcards)
Post #: 19
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/25/2006 12:20:09 AM   
wlfcards

Playoff pitching rotations -  Is there a way to have a 3 man playoff rotation and have the other 2 starters available for the computer to use as relievers on simmed human control teams.  Should the computer go to shorter rotations?
Injuries -  I don't know if this year is an aberration for MLB (think Yankees, last year's AL Cy Young, Cardinals, Gagne, Giants etc) but there are signifcantly less injuries in PS.  Is there an MLB team out there who has not lost at least 1 player for the year, plus misc injuries during the year?
60 day DL - This has been a long running issue. Any possiblity of not counting players on the 60 day DL towards roster limits.

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 20
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 9/25/2006 3:06:08 AM   
Woodruff

It doesn't really bother me that it counts DL players against the roster limit (I use 60-man rosters, so that explains why), but I hate that when a player has finished his DL time BUT IS STILL INJURED, the game tells me EVERY DAY that he's ready to come off the DL.

Could the game just tell me once, please?

Or maybe run some sort of a check against his injury status still?

Also regarding the DL, I still have to activate the player from the DL, then close out my Modify Rosters page, and then re-open it in order to see the activated player. Surely this is an easy "refresh" fix, isn't it?

(in reply to wlfcards)
Post #: 21
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 10/14/2006 2:47:03 AM   
looneyluden

One quick issue. This isn't something that would come up often, so it would be hard to test to see if it happens every time. But this is what I noticed on a recent game. My 3b guy got injured on a play in the field. He had 1 at bat at that time. I brought in my reserve 3B to play the rest of the game. He had 2 walks and a couple of outs that game. When the game ended and I looked at the boxscore, it did not show my replacement 3B at all. It only had the original 3B with his 1 at-bat. The opposing pitchers line scores showed they surrendered 5 walks to my team. But my boxscore for my hitters only showed 3 walks because the replacement 3B wasn't included in the boxscore.

As another way to double check this I brought up his player card from my team page. Then clicked the game-log screen for him, and it did not show him having played that day at all.

Once again, this is something that will only come up very rarely and is not a big deal. But just incase Shawn is making a quick list of these little issues to check for the next version, I just wanted to throw it in there.

(in reply to verizon32)
Post #: 22
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 10/16/2006 12:18:58 AM   
torque561

I have one issue: Often the computer team will send the pitcher up to bat in the eighth inning and then replace him as the ninth begins. What is the purpose of his batting? This happens even when there are bench players left. Still a great game for sure.

(in reply to verizon32)
Post #: 23
RE: Any issues still left before the final patch? - 10/16/2006 4:45:32 AM   
Beach23BoyP

Tweaking, tweaking and more tweaking and I can't find a suitable setting for:

1) Total team errors -- extremely low. I almost had this correct (-15) a few patches ago, but now I can't come close.
2) PB -- I can't seem to come up with a setting for passed balls at all. I almost never see one.

I'll keep trying.

(in reply to torque561)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Any issues still left before the final patch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI