Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible Upgrade bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Possible Upgrade bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible Upgrade bug - 9/6/2006 3:00:06 AM   
semper fi

I’ve noticed several times after selecting an upgrade, my nation (specifically France) did not train for it. Is this a bug or something I'm missing???
Post #: 1
RE: Possible Upgrade bug - 9/6/2006 2:35:08 PM   
ericbabe

Which version are you playing, and which scenario?  This used to happen in PBEM games under an old version of the game, but I haven't heard reports of this under newer versions.

(in reply to semper fi)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible Upgrade bug - 9/6/2006 8:18:43 PM   
Russian Guard

Yes I am seeing this as well - I am using 1.2.26, 1805 campaign. Very first upgrade opportunity for France, I select the upgrade, do not train for it.

Yet I started another game, same settings, France, everything the same, and I upgraded successfully.

Edit: It seems hit or miss. I have seen this several different times.

AND another edit: Not sure if this matters - but I was playing both France and Austria, testing out strategies. Austria upgraded normally each time, France did not. Maybe the fact that I was hot-seating two Nations was a component of the problem?

< Message edited by Russian Guard -- 9/6/2006 8:26:11 PM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible Upgrade bug - 9/6/2006 9:29:14 PM   
cambronne

I had the same problem in the most recent version as well.
I suspected that it had more to do with the manner in which I selected my upgrade than an actual bug.

I made sure to that no other upgrade was highlighted when I selected the upgrade I wanted, the problem didn't seem to occur.
It seemed to happen most when I would highlight several different upgrades to see what the benefits were.

(in reply to semper fi)
Post #: 4
RE: Possible Upgrade bug - 9/7/2006 12:53:41 AM   
semper fi

I’m playing the latest beta version 1.2.26. It seems other people are having the same problem…I’m glad it wasn’t just me.

How do we report this to get the problem fixed?

(in reply to cambronne)
Post #: 5
RE: Possible Upgrade bug - 9/7/2006 3:10:31 AM   
Russian Guard

We just did report it, via these posts - as to when/whether it is looked into, I of course have no idea. Focus is on Forge of Freedom now.

(in reply to semper fi)
Post #: 6
RE: Possible Upgrade bug - 9/12/2006 8:30:11 PM   
Russian Guard

quote:

ORIGINAL: semper fi

I’m playing the latest beta version 1.2.26. It seems other people are having the same problem…I’m glad it wasn’t just me.

How do we report this to get the problem fixed?

I think I have this one figured out, and if anyone out there can test this theory it would serve as confirmation.

For whatever reason, when the Upgrade selection screen pops up, you cannot just mouse over and click on the picture box that accompanies each upgrade, to select it.

Rather, if you mouse over the text on the right, that accompanies the box, and hold the mouse there - until the box pops up with the description of the Upgrade - THEN click on the TEXT (not the text in the pop up box, the text that goes with the picture), you should see the text highlight in yellow with a red backround.

This seems to work; I have tried it 5 times and gotten my upgrade each time.

It appears there's a problem with active linking here, because sometimes when you mouse over the text that accompanies the picture, the link appears dead. When that happens, move to other upgrade text and keep clicking until you get a response, then go back to the one you want and select it as described above.

Hope that isn't too obtuse; I'm at work and am in a hurry

(in reply to semper fi)
Post #: 7
RE: Possible Upgrade bug - 9/13/2006 1:34:47 AM   
semper fi

Thanks...I'll give it a try in the mean time. Hopefully, they will fix this problem. I don't like having to re-paly the same turn in order to get the upgrade. Like most people, I just don't have the time...

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support >> Possible Upgrade bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI