Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Noemfoor Falls !!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Noemfoor Falls !!!! Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Noemfoor Falls !!!! - 8/31/2006 3:25:58 PM   
ny59giants

While you are consolidating some of the by-passed bases, what are your plans for the rest of Borneo??
Do you have the necessary LBA to cover a limited advance up the west coast??

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1231
RE: Noemfoor Falls !!!! - 9/1/2006 12:11:24 AM   
Andy Mac

My main objective is to take Banja..... by land 3 US Corps is moving that way now

Macasser I am going to sieze as well that will give me 2 lvl 6 AF's on the West to support a drive north

Andy

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1232
UBER CAP - 9/1/2006 5:15:33 PM   
Andy Mac

OK guys been thinking about the Uber CAP issue something does have to be done it isnt fair and I know it isnt and I am not willing to play a game with that level of in equity so I will propose some form of self imposed restriction the question is what ? (PZB hasnt raised this again this is me coming to a conclusion - a bit late but hey better late than never !!!!)

(This wont apply to PZB as lets face it he doesnt have any carriers left anyway !!!! )

What do you think about no more than 5 FLEET Carriers in one hex so I can support with as many CVL's CVE's etc but I can only operate max 5 Fleet Carriers in any one hex at any one time and limiting to max 70% CAP on fleet and light carriers

Is that to generous ?

Any thoughts ?

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1233
RE: UBER CAP - 9/1/2006 5:20:28 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

What do you think about no more than 5 FLEET Carriers in one hex so I can support with as many CVL's CVE's etc but I can only operate max 5 Fleet Carriers in any one hex at any one time and limiting to max 70% CAP on fleet and light carriers

Is that to generous ?

Any thoughts ?

I would tend to disagree, with my argument being history. If you look at TF 38/58 in late 44-45, there were 9-12 CVs in the TGs and they often operated in close proximity to each other. A 60 mile hex is (approximately) 3600 square miles. That's a lot of area for 4-5 TGs to maneuver in.

Just my two cents....

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1234
RE: Noemfoor Falls !!!! - 9/1/2006 5:27:13 PM   
spence

quote:

Attacking force 76 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 353

Must be a one heckofagun!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1235
RE: UBER CAP - 9/1/2006 5:31:36 PM   
BLurking

How many Level 8/9 airbases (fully operational) of yours does he try to attack?
(Well, you probably don't have any in range, but that's besides the point).

Anyway, that's what an Allied carrier TF is like in 44/45. It would be very difficult to strike an airbase like that, and an carrier TF should be no different.

Late-war Japanese players have to get used to the fact that they can't take on Allied air power at will. Waiting for openings is the only chance.
I'm at 11/44 in one of my games, and spend most of my time waiting for the Allied player to make a mistake, any mistake (even then, I get creamed).

But I never attack when he's operating in force. Not unless he's been on station for a long time...

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1236
RE: UBER CAP - 9/1/2006 8:07:52 PM   
castor troy

Everyone knows: There was NEVER a complete super duper Japanese CAP shield and NEVER a super duper Allied CAP shield between 41 and 46.

House rule in my PBEMs: planes on airfield: AF size x 50 max! planes in sea hex: max 450 = level 9 airfield! Works good. If you have a limit for airfields on land why shouldnīt this same apply to floating airfields? This is just because the game engine, I donīt want to say you canīt put more than 5 Essex carriers in a hex with 3600 square miles! But you could also put more than 500 land based planes (level 10 airfield) in a 3600 square mile hex on land. You can still put THOUSANDS of planes near an island by just putting one CV-TF next to the other hex on hex.

History or reality isnīt a real issue here, itīs the game engine and in "some" points stupid A2A combat.

(in reply to BLurking)
Post #: 1237
RE: UBER CAP - 9/2/2006 12:30:03 AM   
Rob Brennan UK

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

Everyone knows: There was NEVER a complete super duper Japanese CAP shield and NEVER a super duper Allied CAP shield between 41 and 46.

House rule in my PBEMs: planes on airfield: AF size x 50 max! planes in sea hex: max 450 = level 9 airfield! Works good. If you have a limit for airfields on land why shouldnīt this same apply to floating airfields? This is just because the game engine, I donīt want to say you canīt put more than 5 Essex carriers in a hex with 3600 square miles! But you could also put more than 500 land based planes (level 10 airfield) in a 3600 square mile hex on land. You can still put THOUSANDS of planes near an island by just putting one CV-TF next to the other hex on hex.

History or reality isnīt a real issue here, itīs the game engine and in "some" points stupid A2A combat.

Ive never heard of that idea for CV groups .. its a good one imo and since im in a stock game
as well as a nik mod one i think i may offer that in stock , yet to see nik mod late war though it looks v good so far.

nice going by the way Andy, PzB is a tough enemy and im glad you carried on the esteemed game. many thanks

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 1238
RE: UBER CAP - 9/2/2006 12:45:02 AM   
Andy Mac

I dont know I just dont know I need to think about this a little more

Mike/BLurking I understand and to some extent agree with what you are saying but Castor has a point we need to ignore reality and look at the game impact I am going to make no quick decisions on this.

Castors idea wouldnt really work for me as I dont accept a 50x hardcap as you are aware I limit myself to 100x so that would mean 900 which is most of the allied fleet.

I have a few weeks to think about it a little more.

The whole issue may be irrelevant anyway I doubt I will be able to operate as one deathstar fleet in the future anyway as I have a lot of ground to cover and not a great deal of time to do it in.

PZB is an incredibly tough opponent I pretty much had him on the run  all the way through Hydra and I am sure I caught him by surprise with my operational tempo and depth BUT despite that he held me up for months on Noemfoor. I made a good decision to back off of Marianas and a bad one to attack Zoamboanga what should be clear to everyone is that Japanese losses are going to be SUPER HEAVY in 44/45 accept it and punish the allies when they over reach !!!

He spends every unit to maximise damage and cause delay as a fighting retreat its a masterpiece. His surface ships and use of them have been very impressive every risk appear calculated (except KB that is !!!!).

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 1239
RE: UBER CAP - 9/2/2006 7:50:29 PM   
Andy Mac

Still thinking about CAP but back to the war in the meantime

Whatever I decide on CAP I NEED to stop this training activity

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/11/44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day Air attack on Kweiyang , at 41,35

Japanese aircraft
N1K1-J George x 108
J2M Jack x 47
G4M1 Betty x 26
G4M2 Betty x 54
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 36
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 105
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 36

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
21 casualties reported

Airbase hits 7
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 153

Aircraft Attacking:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 468
D4Y Judy x 89
B6N Jill x 31
B7A Grace x 25
G4M2 Betty x 67
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 36
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 36
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 108

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
21 casualties reported

Airbase hits 35
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 340

Aircraft Attacking:

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1240
RE: UBER CAP - 9/2/2006 7:53:12 PM   
Andy Mac

Each of the next three days has the same pattern hundreds of aircraft training in China isolated raids by my fighter and bombers onhis targets.

I have offloaded half of the CVR Gps and have moved them to the front they operate better than 2E bombers from low level AF's

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1241
RE: UBER CAP - 9/2/2006 8:48:12 PM   
BLurking

Get a base in B-29 range of those airfields. He must be majorly overstacked.

A couple of daylight raids, and you could take out several thousand planes.
At worst, he'll have to keep a CAP over the airbases - less planes training...

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1242
RE: UBER CAP - 9/2/2006 9:08:00 PM   
Andy Mac

Superb Idea excellent plan !!!

I just measured it out I have a few options to get a base in range I always foget just how long ranged Superforts are !!!!

(in reply to BLurking)
Post #: 1243
A CUNNING PLAN - 9/2/2006 9:24:36 PM   
Andy Mac

OK thanks to BLurking the allies just got a new variant on the plan !!!

Whether or not I go all the way to Malaya is still in doubt but securing North Borneo just moved up the target priority list A LOT

There are two bases that can take B29's one in the West Singkawaing and one in the Centre Mili both can be developed to allow ops from Superforts (I only operate from minimum lvl 5 and prefer 6)

Given the strategic imperitive of interfering with this dammed training I am going to release some forces from 1st Aus Army at Darwin for an attack on this Axis.

A plan is forming involving a 1st USMC Div and 11th Arborne out of Wasile and at least 1 Crops of the Aussie Army in North Australia

Pre requisites of this plan are securing Macasser and Banja.

3rd NZ Div is now all in Darwin and in recovery mode I estimate 60 days before its fit for ops so it could replace one of the Divs I will be drawing out of 1st Aus Army for this operation.

I have 8 Superfort Gps so 400 B29's they could ruin anyones day !!!!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1244
RE: A CUNNING PLAN - 9/2/2006 10:23:55 PM   
BLurking

Your problem is you don't think enough like a Japanese player.
I've been suffering under the umbrella of B-29s for months now (PDU game, so it's even worse - more groups).

I assume EVERYTHING can be hit by those loathsome beasts.

Trust me Andy - focus on getting a few bases along the central axis of Japan, and watch PzB suffer.

Even the safe bases don't feel safe anymore. Paranoia reigns supreme...

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1245
RE: A CUNNING PLAN - 9/2/2006 10:27:13 PM   
Andy Mac

Ooohh Pauk is gonna hate that I forgot all about upgrading other Heavies to B29's today just gets better and better !!!!

Heheheh

(in reply to BLurking)
Post #: 1246
RE: A CUNNING PLAN - 9/2/2006 11:42:34 PM   
ny59giants

What is your current replacement rate (per month) for all your heavy bombers??

Could you post a screen shot of them and your mediums??

< Message edited by ny59giants -- 9/2/2006 11:49:37 PM >

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1247
RE: A CUNNING PLAN - 9/3/2006 1:19:57 AM   
Andy Mac

There you go

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1248
RE: A CUNNING PLAN - 9/3/2006 4:06:19 AM   
ny59giants

You seem to be in good shape with reagrds to B-25's and B-24's.
The B-29's could be better.
You have the advantage in air power, except the F6F's, but that horse has already been beaten to death.
I would close the South China Sea to shipping and force PzB to rely on stored resources/oil to fuel his economy.
Remember...attrition is YOUR friend!!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1249
RE: A CUNNING PLAN - 9/3/2006 5:52:37 AM   
jrlans

North Borneo would open up alot for you it allows you to effectivly cut off the DEI from anything from mainland Japan. The only means of resuply would be from ocupied India. Also those bases allow you to pummel China, PI, and Formosa. Thus allowing you to advance under cover of LBA. However, I would not rush your time table. Wait till you have consolidated your gains, bombed the DEI into submission and are not in danger of lossing more vital transports.

After you gain North Borneo the option is yours where to strike next, China; a reinvastion of Hong Kong would not make PZBs day forcing him to remove preasure from the beligured chinese units and posibly allowing for a breakout, Formosa; B-29 haven where you can strike mainland Japan and most all shipping going anywhere, or PI; which has major point values for the Allies as well as good bases to wreak havoc on Japan

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1250
RE: A CUNNING PLAN - 9/3/2006 5:42:09 PM   
Andy Mac

Now these attacks would make a saint pissed off.

Thuds and P40N's on 40% and 20% CAP respectively destroy a Japanese attack

And even when 34 out of 39 bombers get through he gets one lousy hit !!!

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/17/44

Day Air attack on Samarinda , at 31,63

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 45

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 9
P-47D Thunderbolt x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 24 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-40N Warhawk: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Day Air attack on TF, near Samarinda at 31,63

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 101
B7A Grace x 8
G4M2 Betty x 21
Ki-49 Helen x 10

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 7
P-47D Thunderbolt x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 44 destroyed
B7A Grace: 1 destroyed, 6 damaged
G4M2 Betty: 3 destroyed, 15 damaged
Ki-49 Helen: 1 destroyed, 8 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40N Warhawk: 6 destroyed
P-47D Thunderbolt: 2 destroyed, 3 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Cassin Young
DD Nicholson
DD Mahan
DD Sampson, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
DD Buchanan
DD Gillespie

Aircraft Attacking:
2 x Ki-49 Helen bombing at 5000 feet
2 x G4M2 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x B7A Grace launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M2 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x Ki-49 Helen bombing at 5000 feet
3 x Ki-49 Helen bombing at 5000 feet
4 x G4M2 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x B7A Grace launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x G4M2 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
4 x G4M2 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x G4M2 Betty launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Samarinda at 31,63

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 44
B7A Grace x 2
G4M2 Betty x 18
Ki-49 Helen x 7

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 31
P-47D Thunderbolt x 11

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 30 destroyed
B7A Grace: 2 destroyed
G4M2 Betty: 9 destroyed
Ki-49 Helen: 3 destroyed
Ki-46-III Dinah: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-40N Warhawk: 10 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Cassin Young

(in reply to jrlans)
Post #: 1251
RE: A CUNNING PLAN - 9/3/2006 6:48:42 PM   
Ron Saueracker

WTF kind of bulls--t is that?... over 100 Jap fighters vs 20 Allied and 50 Jap fighters go down!!!!!!!?

Man I hope Joe and Don put A2A issues on the front burner after the bug patch is done.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1252
RE: A CUNNING PLAN - 9/3/2006 6:58:01 PM   
Yava

Omg that made me laugh... Allied UBER fighters....

Art by Dixie.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 1253
RE: A CUNNING PLAN - 9/3/2006 7:18:04 PM   
Andy Mac

I agree its a little out of whack but a few things to consider.

1. These are 75xp pilots with a few 90's in the mix.
2. PZB indicated these were poor zeke pilots
3. It was a fairly LR Strike
4. My CAP was up high because of anti kami patrol so I had a real height advantage

Even so not a good result I would be more worried about  the bombers getting only one hit although an allied anchorage is a hard place to hit in 44 with lots of base forces and ships in port

(in reply to Yava)
Post #: 1254
Airborne Addict !!!! - 9/4/2006 6:40:14 PM   
Andy Mac

OK a mutliple turn update not going to post all the turn by turn updates

I am landing 2 Divisions at Macasser and it should fall tomorrow or the next day

I have FT'd a Bde to the base above Banja which only had a Construction Bn it should also fall tromorrow (Lvl 1)

3 Corps is mustering outside Banja and should move in tomorrow.

All going well I should have Macasser/ Banja and 2 advanced lvl 1 bases all within a week !!!

Lastly the island off the coast of Java with a lvl 1 AF is unguarded - after the mess I made of the last assault I should steer clear but I cannot help myself I just cannot not attack it <sobs> I am a Parachute addict

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1255
RE: Airborne Addict !!!! - 9/4/2006 8:01:02 PM   
ChezDaJez

quote:

Lastly the island off the coast of Java with a lvl 1 AF is unguarded - after the mess I made of the last assault I should steer clear but I cannot help myself I just cannot not attack it <sobs> I am a Parachute addict

Are you still considering an assault on Malaya after Borneo? If you are you may want to consider taking Sabang on northern Sumatra before hand. Its a potential level 6 airfield and would put all of Burma, Malaya, Indochina and parts of China under a heavy bomber umbrella. This would also put Ceylon and Chandpur area in B-29 range. This would also be useful for bombing any ships/LCUs that attempt to reinforce the Malayan peninsula. This would also prevent PzB from removing any forces from the west coast of Java. Virtually all of his remaining resource centers would also be targetable. I'm not sure but it may put his training bases in range also.

The troop ships could stay out of patrol range by moving up the west coast of Java and should be quite the surprise to PzB. I doubt the place is heavily defended as he shouldn't be expecting an assault there. I really doubt that PzB could react very well to a two-pronged air assault on Malaya from Borneo and Sabang. You would need carrier support until you had fighters in place so I don't know if that would be a problem for you.

Anyways, just a thought. Don't know if its doable or something you want to attempt.

Chez

Ret Navy AWCS (1972-1998)
VP-5, Jacksonville, Fl 1973-78
ASW Ops Center, Rota, Spain 1978-81
VP-40, Mt View, Ca 1981-87
Patrol Wing 10, Mt View, CA 1987-90
ASW Ops Center, Adak, Ak 1990-92
NRD Seattle 1992-96
VP-46, Whidbey Isl, Wa 1996-98

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1256
RE: Airborne Addict !!!! - 9/4/2006 10:39:09 PM   
Andy Mac

Malaya I am not sure of now he hasnt expanded the repair yard so its lower on the value chain than before I may try it I am not sure.

I am considering Sabang but I doubt its worth it unless I am going all out for the Norht

Interestingly the base off java was siezed but I failed above Banja as no supplies went witht he FT :( I missed that one.

I will need to reinforce.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/20/44

Day Air attack on Sampit , at 26,62

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 40
P-38J Lightning x 29
P-47D Thunderbolt x 21
B-25J Mitchell x 101
PB4Y Liberator x 9

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Airbase hits 8
Airbase supply hits 6
Runway hits 43

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
30 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
3 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
6 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
13 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
5 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
2 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
7 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet

Allied aircraft
B-29 Superfortress x 56

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
35 casualties reported

Airbase hits 7
Airbase supply hits 6
Runway hits 86

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
9 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
8 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
6 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
3 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
7 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
2 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
5 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
2 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on Sorong , at 42,74

Allied aircraft
Boomerang II x 3
A-20G Havoc x 9
B-25J Mitchell x 35

Allied aircraft losses
A-20G Havoc: 1 damaged

Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 36

Aircraft Attacking:
22 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 15000 feet
6 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 10000 feet
13 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 15000 feet
3 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on Hollandia , at 49,79

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 6
PB4Y Liberator x 7

No Allied losses

Runway hits 4

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on Sansapor , at 44,74

Allied aircraft
Boomerang II x 2
A-20G Havoc x 6
B-25J Mitchell x 48

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
6 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:
33 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 15000 feet
15 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Wotje , at 82,79

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 11
B-24J Liberator x 41

No Allied losses

Port hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
35 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
6 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 21
A-20G Havoc x 57
B-24J Liberator x 43

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Airbase hits 6
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 133

Aircraft Attacking:
19 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
34 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 15000 feet
15 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 15000 feet
11 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
9 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
3 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 15000 feet
5 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 15000 feet
4 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on Wewak , at 52,81

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 12
F6F-5N Hellcat x 15
Hurricane II x 10
Kittyhawk III x 20
P-40N Warhawk x 11

No Allied losses

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x F6F-5N Hellcat bombing at 2000 feet
6 x F6F-5N Hellcat bombing at 2000 feet
Day Air attack on Hansa , at 53,83

Allied aircraft
B-25J Mitchell x 31

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
6 casualties reported

Airbase hits 2
Runway hits 45

Aircraft Attacking:
28 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 8000 feet
3 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 8000 feet
Day Air attack on 32nd Ind.Mixed Brigade, at 45,76

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 19
Boomerang II x 8
P-40N Warhawk x 74

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
11 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x F4U-1D Corsair bombing at 2000 feet
36 x P-40N Warhawk bombing at 2000 feet
38 x P-40N Warhawk bombing at 2000 feet
13 x F4U-1D Corsair bombing at 2000 feet

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk I x 9
Kittyhawk III x 9
Beaufighter Mk 21 x 29
P-38J Lightning x 9
F-5C Lightning x 2
A-20G Havoc x 11
B-25J Mitchell x 9
PB4Y Liberator x 13
B-24J Liberator x 75
B-29 Superfortress x 18

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
157 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
3 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
6 x Kittyhawk III bombing at 2000 feet
6 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
4 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
17 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
18 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
8 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 10000 feet
15 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
14 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
3 x Kittyhawk III bombing at 2000 feet
2 x Beaufighter Mk 21 bombing at 2000 feet
9 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
12 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
4 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on 24th USA/B Division, at 26,62

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 23
G4M2 Betty x 15

Allied aircraft
P-38J Lightning x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty: 6 destroyed, 2 damaged
G4M2 Betty: 6 destroyed, 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-38J Lightning: 1 destroyed, 9 damaged

Allied ground losses:
4 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Aircraft Attacking:
16 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 10000 feet
1 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on 18th/A Division, at 52,81

Allied aircraft
F-5A Lightning x 1

No Allied losses

Day Air attack on 49th Division, at 30,69

Allied aircraft
FM-2 Wildcat x 47
F6F Hellcat x 32
F4U-1D Corsair x 71
TBM Avenger x 32

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
16 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
36 x F4U-1D Corsair bombing at 2000 feet
35 x F4U-1D Corsair bombing at 2000 feet
3 x TBM Avenger bombing at 15000 feet
5 x TBM Avenger bombing at 15000 feet
2 x TBM Avenger bombing at 15000 feet
1 x TBM Avenger bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on TF, near Macassar at 30,69

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 27

Allied aircraft
FM-2 Wildcat x 52
F6F Hellcat x 19
F4U-1 Corsair x 9
Spitfire VIII x 12

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 27 destroyed

Allied Ships
BB California
BB Colorado

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 8
TBM Avenger x 15

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
6 casualties reported

Runway hits 3

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x TBM Avenger bombing at 10000 feet

Ground combat at Macassar

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 28046 troops, 259 guns, 63 vehicles, Assault Value = 707

Defending force 5638 troops, 49 guns, 6 vehicles, Assault Value = 146

Allied max assault: 1316 - adjusted assault: 1016

Japanese max defense: 82 - adjusted defense: 107

Allied assault odds: 9 to 1 (fort level 4)

Allied forces CAPTURE Macassar base !!!

Japanese aircraft
no flights

No Japanese losses

Japanese ground losses:
166 casualties reported
Guns lost 4
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
485 casualties reported
Guns lost 8

Ground combat at Noemfoor

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 21299 troops, 217 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 473

Defending force 14638 troops, 2 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 262

Japanese ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Ground combat at Sampit

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 3959 troops, 43 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 89

Defending force 3465 troops, 39 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 68

Allied max assault: 148 - adjusted assault: 6

Japanese max defense: 53 - adjusted defense: 54

Allied assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese ground losses:
64 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Allied ground losses:
88 casualties reported
Guns lost 7

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 2142 troops, 14 guns, 5 vehicles, Assault Value = 112

Defending force 37255 troops, 237 guns, 187 vehicles, Assault Value = 665

Ground combat at Pamakasan

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 170 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 14

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 0

Allied max assault: 14 - adjusted assault: 16

Japanese max defense: 0 - adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 16 to 1 (fort level 0)

Allied forces CAPTURE Pamakasan base !!!

(in reply to ChezDaJez)
Post #: 1257
RE: Airborne Addict !!!! - 9/6/2006 10:50:23 PM   
Andy Mac

Looks like my para addiction is going to cost me once more

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/22/44

TF 32 troops unloading over beach at Pamakasan, 24,66

Japanese ground losses:
145 casualties reported

Sub attack at 33,50

Japanese Ships
AK Heiei Maru #7, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
PG Kaikei Maru
PG Tamo Maru #6
MSW Kaiyo Maru #3
MSW Choun Maru #6
MSW Wa 14
MSW Wa 12
MSW Wa 10

Allied Ships
SS Haddo

TF 32 troops unloading over beach at Pamakasan, 24,66

Japanese ground losses:
38 casualties reported

Japanese aircraft
N1K1-J George x 122
J2M Jack x 48
G4M2 Betty x 50
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 36
Ki-61 KAIc Tony x 144
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 35

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
25 casualties reported

Airbase hits 8
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 271

Aircraft Attacking:

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 384
J2M Jack x 26
D4Y Judy x 62
B6N Jill x 36
B7A Grace x 26
G4M1 Betty x 26
G4M2 Betty x 44
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 36
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 35
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 108

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Airbase hits 24
Airbase supply hits 5
Runway hits 529

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 41
P-47D Thunderbolt x 11
B-25J Mitchell x 24

No Allied losses

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 7

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on Banjarmasin , at 27,64

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 17
P-47D Thunderbolt x 5
B-25J Mitchell x 69
PB4Y Liberator x 7

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J Mitchell: 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
213 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 32

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
Boomerang II x 3
A-20G Havoc x 9
B-25J Mitchell x 41

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 63

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 8
PB4Y Liberator x 6

No Allied losses

Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
Boomerang II x 2
A-20G Havoc x 7
B-25J Mitchell x 48

No Allied losses

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 4

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 7
B-24J Liberator x 40

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
8 casualties reported

Port hits 2
Port supply hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 25
A-20G Havoc x 50
B-24J Liberator x 36

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
17 casualties reported

Airbase hits 6
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 105

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 20
F4U-1D Corsair x 12
F6F-5N Hellcat x 15
Hurricane II x 10
Kittyhawk III x 13

No Allied losses

Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
B-25J Mitchell x 43

No Allied losses

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 31

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 18
Boomerang II x 7
P-40N Warhawk x 34

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
35 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on 84th Chinese Corps, at 43,35

Japanese aircraft
B7A Grace x 48

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
30 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
Day Air attack on 18th/B Division, at 52,81

Allied aircraft
F-5A Lightning x 1

No Allied losses

Allied aircraft
FM-2 Wildcat x 8
TBM Avenger x 13

No Allied losses

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
FM-2 Wildcat x 6
TBM Avenger x 20
Beaufighter Mk 21 x 18

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
25 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 7
TBM Avenger x 17

No Allied losses

Runway hits 7

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 29824 troops, 216 guns, 202 vehicles, Assault Value = 649

Defending force 3907 troops, 10 guns, 5 vehicles, Assault Value = 91

Allied max assault: 534 - adjusted assault: 224

Japanese max defense: 51 - adjusted defense: 21

Allied assault odds: 10 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
596 casualties reported
Guns lost 6
Vehicles lost 1

Allied ground losses:
108 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Attacking force 21498 troops, 228 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 488

Defending force 14870 troops, 2 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 272

Japanese ground losses:
21 casualties reported

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 1507 troops, 24 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 43

Defending force 460 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 23

Japanese max assault: 23 - adjusted assault: 11

Allied max defense: 20 - adjusted defense: 9

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 0

Japanese ground losses:
16 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Allied ground losses:
21 casualties reported

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1258
RE: Airborne Addict !!!! - 9/7/2006 12:46:22 AM   
Andy Mac

500 more paras walk into captivity (DAMN)

I am sending my Carriers North to play near Palembang

Wish me luck

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 08/23/44

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 391
J2M Jack x 94
D4Y Judy x 36
B6N Jill x 35
B7A Grace x 27
G4M1 Betty x 27
G4M2 Betty x 45
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 36
Ki-44-IIb Tojo x 27
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 107

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
8 casualties reported

Airbase hits 24
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 509

Aircraft Attacking:
27 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
26 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
24 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
24 x Ki-43-Ib Oscar bombing at 2000 feet
24 x Ki-44-IIb Tojo bombing at 2000 feet
15 x G4M2 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
20 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
3 x G4M2 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
27 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
36 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
18 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
18 x B6N Jill bombing at 10000 feet
6 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
6 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
9 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
9 x Ki-43-Ib Oscar bombing at 2000 feet
4 x G4M2 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
5 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
4 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
6 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
6 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
7 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
4 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
6 x B6N Jill bombing at 10000 feet
3 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Ki-43-Ib Oscar bombing at 2000 feet
3 x Ki-44-IIb Tojo bombing at 2000 feet
3 x G4M2 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
2 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
3 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
2 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
3 x B6N Jill bombing at 10000 feet
8 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
6 x G4M2 Betty bombing at 8000 feet
24 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
26 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
8 x B6N Jill bombing at 12000 feet
27 x G4M1 Betty bombing at 6000 feet
27 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
9 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
48 x A6M5 Zeke bombing at 2000 feet
27 x B7A Grace bombing at 10000 feet
27 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
39 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
27 x D4Y Judy bombing at 2000 feet
4 x J2M Jack bombing at 2000 feet
3 x G4M2 Betty bombing at 15000 feet
2 x G4M2 Betty bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 41
P-47D Thunderbolt x 10
B-25J Mitchell x 20

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
8 casualties reported

Airbase hits 1
Runway hits 9

Aircraft Attacking:
12 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
8 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on Pamakasan , at 24,66

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 22
N1K1-J George x 13
B6N Jill x 7
B7A Grace x 8
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 14

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 19 destroyed
N1K1-J George: 4 destroyed
B6N Jill: 7 destroyed
B7A Grace: 8 destroyed
Ki-84-Ia Frank: 5 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied aircraft
Boomerang II x 3
A-20G Havoc x 9
B-25J Mitchell x 40

Allied aircraft losses
B-25J Mitchell: 1 damaged

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 23

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 10000 feet
7 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
P-40N Warhawk x 9
PB4Y Liberator x 6

No Allied losses

Runway hits 4

Aircraft Attacking:

Allied aircraft
Boomerang II x 2
A-20G Havoc x 6
B-25J Mitchell x 41

No Allied losses

Runway hits 6

Aircraft Attacking:
8 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
TBM Avenger x 17

No Allied losses

Port supply hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
17 x TBM Avenger bombing at 10000 feet

Allied aircraft
A-20G Havoc x 51
B-24J Liberator x 42

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
8 casualties reported

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 115

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
13 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 15000 feet
26 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 15000 feet
15 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
6 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet
6 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 15000 feet
6 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 15000 feet
3 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 20
F4U-1D Corsair x 12
F6F-5N Hellcat x 15
Hurricane II x 10
Kittyhawk III x 12

No Allied losses

Runway hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x F6F-5N Hellcat bombing at 2000 feet
6 x F6F-5N Hellcat bombing at 2000 feet

Allied aircraft
B-25J Mitchell x 22

No Allied losses

Runway hits 17

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 8000 feet
13 x B-25J Mitchell bombing at 8000 feet
Day Air attack on 43rd Naval Guard Unit, at 82,79

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 8
P-40N Warhawk x 57
B-24J Liberator x 47

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
32 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
57 x P-40N Warhawk bombing at 2000 feet
47 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 15000 feet

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 3
F4U-1D Corsair x 22
P-40N Warhawk x 29

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
8 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
11 x P-40N Warhawk bombing at 2000 feet
18 x P-40N Warhawk bombing at 2000 feet
11 x F4U-1D Corsair bombing at 2000 feet
11 x F4U-1D Corsair bombing at 2000 feet
3 x F6F Hellcat bombing at 2000 feet

Allied aircraft
A-20G Havoc x 9
B-24J Liberator x 5

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
27 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
9 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 11000 feet
5 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 11000 feet

Allied aircraft
Kittyhawk I x 3
Kittyhawk III x 9
Beaufighter Mk 21 x 33
P-38J Lightning x 9
F-5C Lightning x 2
A-20G Havoc x 8
B-25J Mitchell x 9
PB4Y Liberator x 16
B-24J Liberator x 94
B-29 Superfortress x 21

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
141 casualties reported
Guns lost 1

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Kittyhawk III bombing at 2000 feet
24 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
9 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
4 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 10000 feet
24 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
11 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
6 x PB4Y Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
15 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
3 x Kittyhawk III bombing at 2000 feet
11 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
4 x A-20G Havoc bombing at 10000 feet
11 x B-24J Liberator bombing at 10000 feet
10 x B-29 Superfortress bombing at 10000 feet
Day Air attack on 84th Chinese Corps, at 43,35

Japanese aircraft
B7A Grace x 48

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
28 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
24 x B7A Grace bombing at 10000 feet
24 x B7A Grace bombing at 8000 feet
Day Air attack on 4th USMC Para Battalion, at 24,66

Japanese aircraft
A6M5 Zeke x 16
G4M2 Betty x 20
Ki-84-Ia Frank x 18
Ki-67 Peggy x 15

Allied aircraft
F6F Hellcat x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M5 Zeke: 2 destroyed
Ki-67 Peggy: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F6F Hellcat: 2 destroyed, 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
27 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x Ki-67 Peggy bombing at 5000 feet
18 x Ki-84-Ia Frank bombing at 2000 feet
11 x G4M2 Betty bombing at 6000 feet
9 x G4M2 Betty bombing at 6000 feet
Day Air attack on 18th/A Division, at 52,81

Allied aircraft
F-5A Lightning x 1

No Allied losses

Day Air attack on 8th Ind. Brigade, at 45,76

Allied aircraft
F4U-1D Corsair x 18
Boomerang II x 7
P-40N Warhawk x 33

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
7 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x F4U-1D Corsair bombing at 2000 feet
33 x P-40N Warhawk bombing at 2000 feet
12 x F4U-1D Corsair bombing at 2000 feet

Allied aircraft
FM-2 Wildcat x 8
TBM Avenger x 13

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
7 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x TBM Avenger bombing at 15000 feet
7 x TBM Avenger bombing at 15000 feet
Day Air attack on TF at 33,76

Japanese aircraft
B7A Grace x 15

Japanese aircraft losses
B7A Grace: 1 destroyed, 13 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Arunta
DD Stockham
APD Gregory, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
APD Rathburne
APD Clemson, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x B7A Grace launching torpedoes at 200 feet
2 x B7A Grace launching torpedoes at 200 feet
3 x B7A Grace launching torpedoes at 200 feet

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 30198 troops, 215 guns, 218 vehicles, Assault Value = 652

Defending force 3077 troops, 2 guns, 3 vehicles, Assault Value = 54

Allied max assault: 578 - adjusted assault: 290

Japanese max defense: 29 - adjusted defense: 15

Allied assault odds: 19 to 1

Japanese ground losses:
303 casualties reported
Guns lost 2
Vehicles lost 2

Allied ground losses:
73 casualties reported
Guns lost 3

Attacking force 21622 troops, 232 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 492

Defending force 14767 troops, 2 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 271

Japanese ground losses:
14 casualties reported

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 1501 troops, 22 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 42

Defending force 360 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 17

Japanese max assault: 52 - adjusted assault: 88

Allied max defense: 14 - adjusted defense: 25

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Pamakasan base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
31 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
534 casualties reported

Japanese Unit(s) surrounded at Macassar

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1259
RE: Airborne Addict !!!! - 9/7/2006 12:55:56 AM   
Andy Mac

I have decided to invade several bases in the Marshalls to clean up my LOC nothing major just houskeeping Wotje will be 1st then jaluit if I can be bothered

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 1260
Page:   <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Noemfoor Falls !!!! Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI