Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 6:35:07 AM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Did anyone notice the post by Mike Wood saying that there was no hard coded "drop off" thingy?

I noticed a post by Mike Wood that did NOT seem to say that. You got a different post in mind?

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 91
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 6:36:51 AM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: SamCole

quote:

Did anyone notice the post by Mike Wood saying that there was no hard coded "drop off" thingy?

Yes. I am more interested in how radar effects work.

Did anyone notice the testing posted by NIC in which radar was NOT a factor? This problem is confirmed - and radar is not the source - although it may exaserbate it in a game - I regard that as OK. Radar was real. The only thing wrong with radar in stock and CHS is Japan is not given the right radar capability.

(in reply to SamCole)
Post #: 92
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 6:41:05 AM   
SamCole

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: SamCole

quote:

Yes. I am more interested in how radar effects work.

Did anyone notice the testing posted by NIC in which radar was NOT a factor? This problem is confirmed - and radar is not the source - although it may exaserbate it in a game - I regard that as OK. Radar was real. The only thing wrong with radar in stock and CHS is Japan is not given the right radar capability.

So you are saying that Andy Macs tests and Joe Wilkersons statement that radar is a factor is wrong?
And what problem is confirmed?

< Message edited by SamCole -- 9/10/2006 6:43:08 AM >

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 93
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 6:46:19 AM   
el cid again

Hmmm -

can I pick yes and no at the same time?

Yes - the problem is confirmed by two different test series run just now for this thread - and in one radar was
not a factor for sure - Nic said so and he is too bright to not mean it.

No - I don't mean to say radar doesn't contribute to this problem in games. Because I am sure it does.
However - I regard that as good simulation and not in need of correction per se. Maybe there needs to be
more radar on the other side - but it isn't going to be radar in the sense of the radar that really matters for
this pheonomena.

The radar must be REMOVED for any test to address this issue: what you see when it IS removed shows it is a problem still. A significant problem. Not sure how you can overlook what Nic did - or that someone else did the same thing on a lesser scale with similar results - but that should be convincing. Same situation, different date, different
result. Conclusive.

Further - note that this issue was brought to my attention by Joe Wilkerson in the first place.

(in reply to SamCole)
Post #: 94
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 6:54:26 AM   
SamCole

Did you read this test by Andy Mac?
----------------------------------------------------
Bstarr I just redid the test for 44 and the results are very interesting.

OK Situation 4 Bases in use Nomou - Koumac/ Nandi - Suva

All bases given Lvl 9 AF and an aviation Regt no radars in range and both have 100k supplies (NO Air HQ in range either)

On each pair of bases each side has 2 x 100 plan groups of F4U1 all sqns have the same leader with 75 air xp/ 75 aggrsssion/ xp is 75 for all sqns

Each pair of bases is Caped by 1 sqn at 90% at 10000 feet and the other sweeps its opponents base at 10000 feet.

The date is December 44

So exact mirror images

Total losses

Jap US
65 79
83 83
63 95
44 70
71 67
81 70

Now I would need to run it more times to make it statistically significant but in the abscence of any radar it appears that there is no anti Japanese code given that everything was equal in this test.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 6 tests Without Radar - in 1944 there are 407 Japanese loses and 401 American

What is the problem?

And the statement by Joe Wilkerson that he could find NO code that supports your contention? post #28 of this thread:
-------------------------------------------
While I've heard "rumors" about an "Allied CAP Bonus" .. despite both Don and Joe looking in the code and discussing with Michael Wood .. we've never been able to find any "Allied CAP Bonus" in the code .. i.e. it doesn't exist.

However, I think Andy Mac is on to something. If most American radars upgrade in Mid-1943 .. that might explain it. The "bounce" formula does use a "detection" factor as one of its key ingredients and "detection" would certainly be impacted by radar. So the "alleged" CAP bonus could be device driven.

If someone is testing this we'd be interested in the results.
----------------------------------------------

< Message edited by SamCole -- 9/10/2006 7:00:58 AM >

Post #: 95
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 8:09:59 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

Further - note that this issue was brought to my attention by Joe Wilkerson in the first place.

Except that Joe Wilkerson has subsequently pointed out that his "hunt" for the code that performs this alleged activity has shown that there is no such code. He was told (by 2 beta testers) that such code might exist, but it does not. That has been confirmed by Michael, Don and Joe.

So reference to the source of this as "Joe Wilkerson" is invalid (as was pointed out earlier in this thread - but is now re-stated for clarity).

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

Post #: 96
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 8:26:17 AM   
Mike Wood

Hello...

There is no "drop off thingy" in the code. But, you folks seem to be having a good time, so continue.

Bye...

Michael Wood

quote:

quote:

I noticed a post by Mike Wood that did NOT seem to say that. You got a different post in mind?

Post #: 97
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 10:45:15 AM   
Andy Mac

The fatal flaw in not having a PBEM turn in my intray is that I start to play with editors

Joe/ Mike thansk for clearing this up I had reached that conclusion myself on the back of my testing but its always nice to hear it straight from the top !!!!.

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 98
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 2:32:43 PM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

The fatal flaw in not having a PBEM turn in my intray is that I start to play with editors

Joe/ Mike thansk for clearing this up I had reached that conclusion myself on the back of my testing but its always nice to hear it straight from the top !!!!.

I did the same thing. When I first saw this thread I got concerned so I ran some tests to see for myself, Japanese had the same setup as Allies- Lvl 10 af, 100k supplies, 270 av support, 270 support, 1 airgroup per side, P-38j x 36 per side, leader for both groups used 75 for every skill, both airgroups exp 75, morale 80, bases Japanese Rockhampton, Allies Brisbane. There where other forces on the map but far away.
In my first series of test I ran without radar June 42 and June 44, whichever airgroup did the sweep usually won the day, cap was always set to 90% 10k and sweep to 10K. 2nd series With radar(CSP-1) the sweep got smashed, ergo there is no drop off.

< Message edited by BigJ62 -- 9/10/2006 2:33:56 PM >

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 99
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 2:45:36 PM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Wood

Hello...

There is no "drop off thingy" in the code. But, you folks seem to be having a good time, so continue.

Bye...

Michael Wood

quote:

OK- so riddle me this:

How did Nic get 20 run tests with such different results in identical situations in 1942 and 1944?

And how did someone else duplicate the result with 10 run tests?

Finally - why did Joe - with 12,000 turns experience (quoting) - have the wrong impression?
If radar did that - what a major impact it must have indeed!

Then there is this:

I ran a strike test in 1945 - this isn't air combat - but I found the JNAF and JAAF combat ineffective attacking a US force in the Kure Hex WITHOUT air cover. The entire Japanese forces scored one bomb hit on USS New Jersey - causing it no pain but one point in system damage. Virtually the entire force was wiped out by the gunnery air defenses of this force of warships - which was not small but not large either. Even if the air forces could penetrate fighter defenses - why have them if they cannot deliver any weapons? Granted this is not a bad description of the operational situation IRL in 1945 - that was because of horrible operational factors NOT present in my test. MY air forces were fresh - well trained - and wholly fueled - so they could fly in sufficient mass that IRL they would have achieved saturation. And I am an anti-air warfare guy - trained first of all on a ship using systems from that era.

Something is very strange here - if there is NO code - how did these tests happen? SOMETHING is going on.

(in reply to Mike Wood)
Post #: 100
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 2:47:23 PM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

I did the same thing. When I first saw this thread I got concerned so I ran some tests to see for myself, Japanese had the same setup as Allies- Lvl 10 af, 100k supplies, 270 av support, 270 support, 1 airgroup per side, P-38j x 36 per side, leader for both groups used 75 for every skill, both airgroups exp 75, morale 80, bases Japanese Rockhampton, Allies Brisbane. There where other forces on the map but far away.
In my first series of test I ran without radar June 42 and June 44, whichever airgroup did the sweep usually won the day, cap was always set to 90% 10k and sweep to 10K. 2nd series With radar(CSP-1) the sweep got smashed, ergo there is no drop off.

Thanks. That is reassuring. IF they are right - this sort of result SHOULD be what you get.

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 101
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 3:17:09 PM   
Andy Mac

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Wood

Hello...

Bye...

Michael Wood

quote:

OK- so riddle me this:

How did Nic get 20 run tests with such different results in identical situations in 1942 and 1944?

And how did someone else duplicate the result with 10 run tests?

Finally - why did Joe - with 12,000 turns experience (quoting) - have the wrong impression?
If radar did that - what a major impact it must have indeed!

Then there is this:

I ran a strike test in 1945 - this isn't air combat - but I found the JNAF and JAAF combat ineffective attacking a US force in the Kure Hex WITHOUT air cover. The entire Japanese forces scored one bomb hit on USS New Jersey - causing it no pain but one point in system damage. Virtually the entire force was wiped out by the gunnery air defenses of this force of warships - which was not small but not large either. Even if the air forces could penetrate fighter defenses - why have them if they cannot deliver any weapons? Granted this is not a bad description of the operational situation IRL in 1945 - that was because of horrible operational factors NOT present in my test. MY air forces were fresh - well trained - and wholly fueled - so they could fly in sufficient mass that IRL they would have achieved saturation. And I am an anti-air warfare guy - trained first of all on a ship using systems from that era.

Something is very strange here - if there is NO code - how did these tests happen? SOMETHING is going on.

I cannot explain Nick's results but I am content there is no hard coded issue.

Re the 2nd point Allied Flak is murderous now is this realistic I dont know I am not an expert in this field I would ask who owned Kure if it was an allied base you also have to contend with LCU flak. Also NJ on her own has got more flak than a 42 Carrier TF

Post #: 102
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/10/2006 9:58:44 PM   
Ron Saueracker

The sky is falling!

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 103
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/11/2006 8:49:03 AM   
el cid again

The Allied Task Force ( a strong surface force ) was in a Japanese port - no friendly Flak except on the ships.
I wanted to know if seaplanes would attack from my modified seaplane carriers ? They attacked - but without effect.
I threw in the rest just because - to learn what there might be to learn. I was shocked they mainly all died.
There were about eight saturation level attacks that should have delivered bombs on several targets. But only one bomb hit total - and a loss of planes measured in four figures.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 104
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/11/2006 10:08:05 AM   
Drongo

quote:

The Allied Task Force ( a strong surface force ) was in a Japanese port - no friendly Flak except on the ships.
I wanted to know if seaplanes would attack from my modified seaplane carriers ? They attacked - but without effect.
I threw in the rest just because - to learn what there might be to learn. I was shocked they mainly all died.
There were about eight saturation level attacks that should have delivered bombs on several targets. But only one bomb hit total - and a loss of planes measured in four figures.

I have never seen any result like this in all the time I've been playing/testing stock WITP (and I have seen many WITP battles in '45). I also can't imagine (in a normal version) how the ships had enough AA ammo to down over a thousand aircraft in one engagement.

My guess would be that the result was related to some changes you must have made with your mod at the time.

Why not simply repeat the test with stock or a more current version of your own mod and see if there is any evidence to indicate the problem's still there.

Cheers

Have no fear,
drink more beer.

Post #: 105
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/11/2006 12:19:16 PM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

That's a bit high (both in number of attackers and in number lost). Statistically, one of every two Japanese A/C that made it into "flak range" in 1944-45 was shot down (does not include Kamakazes, just A/C trying to make regular attacks)...., which would imply most of the rest being damaged and perhaps "driven off". But some "leakers" almost always got through to drop their ordnance (though with how much accuracy I don't have numbers)

Post #: 106
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/11/2006 3:39:57 PM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drongo

quote:

I have never seen any result like this in all the time I've been playing/testing stock WITP (and I have seen many WITP battles in '45). I also can't imagine (in a normal version) how the ships had enough AA ammo to down over a thousand aircraft in one engagement.

My guess would be that the result was related to some changes you must have made with your mod at the time.

Why not simply repeat the test with stock or a more current version of your own mod and see if there is any evidence to indicate the problem's still there.

Cheers

Your assumptions are backwards: this test was run at a time there was no RHS mod to use. We were trying to add some planes to semi-carriers - and to understand if semi-carriers would work at all? We did this in stock scenario 15 with nothing special except changes of location of units to facilitate a maximum air attack on an unprotected task force.

One other detail you seem confused about: it was not a single engagement; it was a single DAY. I reported a number of raids - and each raid is properly called an engagement. There were both large and small raids - but about 8 should have penetrated any TF air defenses. Actually, about 4 did penetrate the defenses with trivial numbers of planes, but all but one failed to score any hits. These planes had normal expertise - they were not penalized as often happens late in the war by massive losses (it being a new game) or combat operations (it being their first operation).

(in reply to Drongo)
Post #: 107
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/11/2006 3:41:25 PM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

quote:

That's a bit high (both in number of attackers and in number lost). Statistically, one of every two Japanese A/C that made it into "flak range" in 1944-45 was shot down (does not include Kamakazes, just A/C trying to make regular attacks)...., which would imply most of the rest being damaged and perhaps "driven off". But some "leakers" almost always got through to drop their ordnance (though with how much accuracy I don't have numbers)

This is correct. One problem with the model is that the Japanese went over to streams of attackers - small attacks on a near continuous basis by one plane at a time - and it worked rather well. We cannot model that in this system as far as I can tell. Apparently a single attacker would not be treated like a major air attack - no CAP vector - often no call to GQ and manning the guns in a timely way.

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 108
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/11/2006 6:54:14 PM   
Drongo

quote:

Your assumptions are backwards: this test was run at a time there was no RHS mod to use. We were trying to add some planes to semi-carriers - and to understand if semi-carriers would work at all? We did this in stock scenario 15 with nothing special except changes of location of units to facilitate a maximum air attack on an unprotected task force.

Then surely you could just take the stock '45 scenario, make some quick changes to replicate the conditions you witnessed and run it. That give you at least some indication whether the result you described is (still) possible in the stock game.

quote:

One other detail you seem confused about: it was not a single engagement; it was a single DAY. I reported a number of raids - and each raid is properly called an engagement. There were both large and small raids - but about 8 should have penetrated any TF air defenses. Actually, about 4 did penetrate the defenses with trivial numbers of planes, but all but one failed to score any hits. These planes had normal expertise - they were not penalized as often happens late in the war by massive losses (it being a new game) or combat operations (it being their first operation).

No confusion at all. I was simply calling it an engagement because the ships were engaged by aircraft. I know it occurred on one day and I assumed it involved multiple strikes over the course of the day.

It still begs the question how one TF of 25 ships could have had the AA ammo to shoot down over a thousand aircraft.

When you first made reference to this "one day" some months back, I was puzzled by it enough to run a series of "equivalent" tests using a '43 scenario game that had reached '45 against the Jap AI.

I sailed a USN surface action TF filled with the best AA ships I had on hand (BBs, CAs, etc) to a postion just off the Japanese coast. I then gathered up every bomber the Jap AI had left me around Japan (several hundred aircraft flown by mediocre pilots) and sent them against the USN TF. Result was about half a dozen ships sunk/crippled (and others damaged to various degrees) for the loss of about 20% of the bombers dest and about 30% damaged. The ships that survived the onslaught were out of ammo.

And yet you mention in what you saw, your 25 ship TF managed to down some "four figures" of aircraft over the course of one day (and without resupplying their ammo)?

Can you give a bit more detail on things like the number of planes involved?

Thanks

< Message edited by Drongo -- 9/11/2006 6:57:53 PM >

Have no fear,
drink more beer.

Post #: 109
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/11/2006 8:31:48 PM   
bstarr

quote:

Mike was answering a post after mine which totally misunderstood what I was saying. Mike said there was "No Japanese bonus" which is true. I said there was a modifier, but certainly not a bonus; it's a negative modifier. And I've run tests. Unless it was changed in the last patch, there is a negative modifier to the japanese after the fall of 43. The test I ran had everything identical - pilot skill, leadership, numbers, and even the planes (I altered the japanese planes to have the exact same stats as the P-40E, which is what the Allies were flying). When these two forces met after late '43 the allies always won, sometimes quite handily.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 110
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/11/2006 8:33:44 PM   
Andy Mac

Bstarr were the radars identical if the allies had base force or carrier radar within 400 miles that would skew your test results in favour of the allies I ran similar tests to those you identified and where Radar was eliminated on both sides losses were even it was only when EITHER side had a radar advantage that victory was achieved.

If modders want to change something to improve Jap chances in the game as opposed to the simulation give them some ground based radar for their base forces in 43 it makes a HUGE difference to losses

Andy

< Message edited by Andy Mac -- 9/11/2006 8:37:11 PM >

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 111
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/11/2006 9:22:09 PM   
AmiralLaurent

Question: is the effect rating of any rating a probability of the radar to affect the battle, or something else ?

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 112
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/11/2006 10:20:51 PM   
el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstarr

quote:

Mike was answering a post after mine which totally misunderstood what I was saying. Mike said there was "No Japanese bonus" which is true. I said there was a modifier, but certainly not a bonus; it's a negative modifier. And I've run tests. Unless it was changed in the last patch, there is a negative modifier to the japanese after the fall of 43. The test I ran had everything identical - pilot skill, leadership, numbers, and even the planes (I altered the japanese planes to have the exact same stats as the P-40E, which is what the Allies were flying). When these two forces met after late '43 the allies always won, sometimes quite handily.

This - combined with Nic testing - implies there may be a problem. IF there is no problem, tests run in different years ought to produce similar results. Note Nic is an experienced air tester and he explicitly said radar was not a factor. He also didn't believe in the problem - he wanted me to be wrong - and would not have confirmed the problem for some emotional reason. I fear I must look at this in a test bed using 1.8 - and no radar even present in the area.

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 113
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/11/2006 10:51:53 PM   
Nicholas Bell

I'm redoing the tests and logging all the data involved to ensure it's valid and can be presented for examination. It's hard to argue with the Matrix programmers when they clearly state there is nothing in the code, nor do I doubt Andy and others who have performed their own tests.

So I am mostly doing this for myself to see what I did wrong or what else is out there which might be causing this effect (are the radar effects on bounce too much?). I would like to run the test 30 times for each year, and am double checking to ensure no radars or sound detectors are present. This will take some time to do and record.

Post #: 114
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/12/2006 6:31:36 AM   
el cid again

If you get different results - rather than similar ones - please also try to see if changing durability mitigates the
problem - as was suggested by the person who started the thread?

(in reply to Nicholas Bell)
Post #: 115
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/12/2006 4:04:38 PM   
Nicholas Bell

Bstarr were the radars identical if the allies had base force or carrier radar within 400 miles that would skew your test results in favour of the allies I ran similar tests to those you identified and where Radar was eliminated on both sides losses were even it was only when EITHER side had a radar advantage that victory was achieved.

Is it faulty logic to assume that if a radar was present in both a 1942 and 1944 test which were identical in everyway except the date, that the radar effects would be the same in both years?

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 116
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/12/2006 5:21:01 PM   
Andy Mac

Depends if the radar upgrades in mid turn I would think which is before air combat resolution I think.

But in principle I would not expect the results to be different in 42 to 44 with the same radar in both tests. So as long as SCR 270 radar for allies is present in 42 all other things being equal I would expect losses to have the same proportion as long as the radar in use in 44 is alos SCR 270.

However I have not explicitly tested this assumption in my testing as I focused on the 44 losses.

Andy

Post #: 117
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/12/2006 6:35:12 PM   
Nicholas Bell

But in principle I would not expect the results to be different in 42 to 44 with the same radar in both tests. So as long as SCR 270 radar for allies is present in 42 all other things being equal I would expect losses to have the same proportion as long as the radar in use in 44 is alos SCR 270.

Right. But this is not what I am getting...again. At this point I have only run 10 samples of 1942 and 10 of 1944. There are some sound detectors and radars, but none are long enough range to affect offensive missions or interfere with other engagements. In each sample there are 9 air battles, so the sample is actually 90 per year.

Aggregate actual air to air (only) losses (from the intel screen not combat reports)
Allied 1942: 587
Allied 1944: 602

Japanese 1942: 676
Japanese 1944: 971

Very similar to the 20 x 9 sample I ran last week. Statistical aberration? Could be, I guess. Need to keep working away. Also need to total up the losses from the combat report - maybe there is a difference there, as the intel losses include crash landings and write-offs not shown in the combat report.

Granted this is only one of nine combats and it could be an abberation, but the increased losses in KI-61's in 1944 is pretty noticeable. In both years Wewak has Type 13 Radar. US raid originates in PM which has a sound detector (!). (is the program hard-coded to automatically treat sound detectors as the most powerful radar?)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 118
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/12/2006 11:39:45 PM   
Andy Mac

I am baffled I dont test escorted raids if all you have done between tests is change the date then I just dont know whats going on the only thing I can think of is there a hardcoded heavy bomber box modifier sometime in 43 ?

Nicholas could you re run the test as a sweep not an escorted raid to tell if its the heavies causing the distortion.

Post #: 119
RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff - 9/13/2006 12:17:20 AM   
Andy Mac

OK I retested sweep v CAP as per my earlier test and gave both Jap bases sound detetctors and us bases radar.

42 Tests

All  JAP
46  93
43  108
49  118
42  90
40  85

44 Tests

All  Jap
42  79
36  75
34  97
45  81
41  75

So pretty even the only thing I can think of is thats its got something to do with heavies as on pure fighter v fighter 42/44 makes no difference its radar difference that drive performance difference remember these were identical leaders in identical planes and pilots

< Message edited by Andy Mac -- 9/13/2006 12:20:30 AM >

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RE: Japanese Air to Air Combat Dropoff Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI