Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 9/28/2006 8:40:48 PM   
Executioner Five

Any news on when this is coming out of the oven--besides "When it's done" or any variant thereof?
Post #: 1
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 9/28/2006 10:01:24 PM   
Gil R.

Its release is going to be in the very near future. Right now, all programming is done, except for one pesky issue that Eric is working on. Most of the graphics are done, and those that aren't soon will be. A complete draft of the manual should be done within 24 hrs., whereupon I'll edit it and kick it back to the others, meaning that the manual will be done next week. We need some more time for beta-testing, to make sure that the full version of the game -- with all the graphics, sound, etc. -- works well, and then it will be off to Matrix. So, as you can see from that list, the game's completion is just around the corner. Now, whether that's one week or three I can't say, but this is not a project that will drag on interminably.

I'll also add that yes, this was originally intended to be released this summer, but I think that the final product will show that we've used the extra time wisely.

(in reply to Executioner Five)
Post #: 2
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 9/28/2006 10:05:41 PM   
Oldguard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

I'll also add that yes, this was originally intended to be released this summer, but I think that the final product will show that we've used the extra time wisely.

You can't rush perfection.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 9/28/2006 11:18:38 PM   
andysomers

Gil,

One again, I think this an appropriate place to thank you and the rest of the Matrix folks for your diligent responses and your hard work.  This game keeps sounding better and better!!

AS

(in reply to Oldguard)
Post #: 4
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 9/28/2006 11:28:43 PM   
spruce

Gil and team !

you have our full support !

(in reply to andysomers)
Post #: 5
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 9/30/2006 12:21:56 AM   
mbatch729

And soon our money...

Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa

(in reply to spruce)
Post #: 6
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 9/30/2006 12:38:53 AM   
Hairog

Here, here.

(in reply to mbatch729)
Post #: 7
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 9/30/2006 12:49:30 AM   
kylenapoleon

The extra delay should be well worth it from what I can tell. I do not mind the delay, because I was planning on getting it for Xmas. Not that any member of my family would buy it for me, but there is always my credit card company. Too bad they always end up asking me to pay for it in the end.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 8
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 10/10/2006 11:03:42 PM   
andysomers

quote:

Its release is going to be in the very near future. Right now, all programming is done, except for one pesky issue that Eric is working on. Most of the graphics are done, and those that aren't soon will be. A complete draft of the manual should be done within 24 hrs., whereupon I'll edit it and kick it back to the others, meaning that the manual will be done next week. We need some more time for beta-testing, to make sure that the full version of the game -- with all the graphics, sound, etc. -- works well, and then it will be off to Matrix. So, as you can see from that list, the game's completion is just around the corner. Now, whether that's one week or three I can't say, but this is not a project that will drag on interminably.

Gil - any update on this info? Thanks in advance.

AS

(in reply to kylenapoleon)
Post #: 9
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 10/10/2006 11:38:19 PM   
Gil R.

Yes. I know I've been saying this repeatedly for some time now, and might be starting to lose credibility, but here goes... The game is VERY close to being done. Programming is essentially complete, and the long-awaited graphics for detailed battle are being produced at a rapid clip (and look excellent, as Pixelpusher has evolved since COG almost as much as Paris and Janeway in that "Voyager" episode in which they turn into giant lizards after breaking the trans-warp barrier). The manual is on the verge of being complete. At this point, we're just snapping in graphics and sounds and making changes to datafiles, and then we'll have the final build to playtest. If that runs well, then we've got a finished product.

And before anyone asks, we'll have screenshots any day now.

(in reply to andysomers)
Post #: 10
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 10/10/2006 11:57:43 PM   
andysomers

Gil - That's always the $64,000 question.  I appreciate your continued patience and diplomatic answers.  No credibility lost on my end - I know that you guys are working diligently on it and that you do not have a crystal ball.  Glad to hear the status as always.

AS

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 11
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 10/11/2006 12:46:13 AM   
Gil R.

Actually, soon after writing that message I discovered that Eric had just finished the new build (10.0), which is a VERY good thing. It means that pixelpusher has finished all but a few of the graphics (and the ones that he has finished are the most difficult and time-consuming ones), that the sound files are all in place, that several pesky bugs were fixed, etc. If this new build is stable then we'd be ready to test the final build once the remaining graphics and other odds and ends are ready (including, of course, updated stats for certain generals we've been discussing here), which should be quite soon.

(in reply to andysomers)
Post #: 12
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 10/11/2006 1:12:33 AM   
andysomers

OK - wow - that does sound like great news!  This is sounding like November then for sure!  thanks for the update!

AS

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 13
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 10/11/2006 2:25:40 PM   
ezzler

Just to let you know
I have bought 3 titles so far this year that do NOT work out of the box. One just last week {guild 2 anybody..} that has a serious amount of bugs that render any meaningful gameplay impossible.
The first release of SC2 didn't have the AI doing any amphibious  invasions for the allies? No D-Day...
Therefore I am strongly in support of you guys deciding yourselves when it is to be released despite the excited clamour of all us potential buyers.
COG worked from the first download without mishap.
BOB 2 { the GMX media version } didn't run at all. It's claimed its a big improvement on BOB1 but despite pre-ordering I wouldn't know... as my copy went back within a week...
So if it's a bit longer......... fine with me.

(in reply to andysomers)
Post #: 14
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 10/11/2006 4:36:46 PM   
RedArgo

In about two months this will be a summer title , so maybe their original estimate was correct. I would rather see it delayed and right than release too soon.

(in reply to ezzler)
Post #: 15
RE: Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? - 10/11/2006 5:27:15 PM   
andysomers

Ditto the above - I'll be excited to get it whenever it hits - November or otherwise.

AS

(in reply to RedArgo)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Wasn't this supposed to be a summer title? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI