Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any one seen this problem?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Any one seen this problem? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any one seen this problem? - 10/1/2006 5:52:35 PM   
local8h

Hey Fellas,
Hope one of you all can help me.
Im on my 12th week of a second season, i played one game and after i was done i exited to windows. When i came back to play another game and tried to simulate it,the game froze up right where you hit continue on the warning menu.I tried the same method twice with same results. Good thing i back up my league.mdb file. So i restore it, played 2 games visual and simmed, all good, so i exited to windows,then later came back to play the third game, Visual not sim that is,but game froze when home team is loading, so tried it 2 to 3 times with same results.So good thing i have a back up of the league.mdb week 12 no games played. So i restored it and simmed thru 5 games and exited to windows.Came back later to play a game,Visual game(PC to PC or Human to PC) it hung up again when loading visiting team. So Im believing theres a pattern, tried it 2 times same results. So i loaded the back up again and played again, Wow as i expected im able to play,played 6 games with third one visual game(pc to pc) and the rest simmed it, ok i exited to windows and later came back to play it. Yup as i expected i went and simmed it and hung up at the same spot, just after you select continue on the menu warning.Game runs when a fresh copy of league.mdb(which is 14,018kb) is loaded but once you exit the game to windows and come back to it and play it hangs up ok so the following ive done so far.

1.Reloaded Maximum-Football with all proper updates.
2.Reloaded Windows from scratch
3.Even remove Microsoft Office with Excell,Word Etc(i have the complete set)
4.The latest patch im using is the one i downloaded at matrix.I say this because i did not back the patch up,knowing that i could just download it.
5.Made sure that Maximum Football is the only program except for Windows that are running(Never really had any problems with other running at same time)
KEEP in mind, I havent done Any Editings at all on Stadiums or Uniforms!
These are me PC Specs:
WinXP Media
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+
958MB of Ram
178GB of hd
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series 256mb
directx 9c

Please someone help me.

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/1/2006 6:13:55 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: (More Info)Any one seen this problem? - 10/1/2006 10:18:42 PM   
local8h

Hello Guys what i also found(please see Pic) is ive never seen these 2 item item C and D,
Also i tried playing a different league which its league.mdb file item A which is a smaller file. i have no problems i play,simed,exit to windows went back played,simmed with no problem,and i dont get the item C and D.

is this because my league item B is too large? How do you unlock item C and D?
another bug?

Please help im so stuck.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/1/2006 10:53:46 PM >

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 2
RE: (More Info)Any one seen this problem? - 10/1/2006 11:03:06 PM   
local8h

the access.lockfile.9 is a .ldb file( LDB file)

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 3
RE: (More Info)Any one seen this problem? - 10/2/2006 2:58:29 AM   
local8h

Well to the PM i gave who i should not mention, thank you for the reply and it will never ever happend again. Sorry im just so helpless with this problem, frankly im in a breaking point of this game, so many bugs!, so many things you have to go around or just live with, how long is this very famous patch will be release! I still dont think i wasted money on it for i had some fun,Plus I CAN AFFORD IT. Just a lesson to be learn. i guess ill be back playing FBPRO98 or 99, or just go back playing Season Ticket or Football Mogul or Strat o matic or Action Football. Man i dont want to play Madden again and i have 1997 to 2006 because my kids play them.
Anyhow very upset customer. Im out.

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/2/2006 2:59:31 AM >

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 4
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/2/2006 3:22:04 AM   
Lucas718

You could try deleting the lock files.  If the game isn't running and you don't have either file open in Access then they shouldn't be there.  My guess is that those files aren't getting deleted when you shut the game down.  The next couple of times you run the game, check for these files before you start MaxFB, and again after you shut it down.  If they exist then delete them. 

I see this problem all the time with Access databases when they don't get closed properly.  I've never seen a case where deleting the lock files caused any problems. 

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 5
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/2/2006 3:48:01 AM   
local8h

Thanks for the kindess response LUCAS, yeah i tried that i even tried fresh install Win Xp and did not even install Microsoft Office, Acess etc.
The thing is for the smaller League files im able to play, exit, play again with no problem.
PLUS this is my first incident, my league is on its second year on the 12th week.
the smaller file is only on its first year first week.
First time i encounter this and all i could think of is my league file is now 14,018kb(ive watched it grow for more infos where put in during game play) is the cause and needs or has been address.

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/2/2006 3:59:25 AM >

(in reply to Lucas718)
Post #: 6
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/2/2006 3:59:58 AM   
local8h

I guess i just have to wait till that famous patch be release, hopefully by Christmas. For now i had it. And need to get away from this Game.

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/2/2006 4:05:38 AM >

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 7
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/2/2006 3:09:35 PM   
grrncore

dude i wish i could help

< Message edited by grrncore -- 10/2/2006 3:11:12 PM >

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 8
RE: (More Info)Any one seen this problem? - 10/2/2006 4:28:19 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

quote:

ORIGINAL: local8h

quote:

Man i dont want to play Madden again and i have 1997 to 2006 because my kids play them.

WHAT!

Wing them off Madden NFL, teach them FBP '98 and what M-F could do, before it is to late. You fell to the basement in my book, everything you post now is tainted by this. Kids are our future and the most important thing we ever do! Bad parenting!

Respecting/Helping Members Thanks. 'Great White'-Shark-Former HS Coach/College Sports Radio Host. Owner Great Whites FootBall Association-Play/Watch/Name Players. Switch FBP '98 2 Maximum FootBall-Eliminate bugs, FBP '98, Madden NFL '07 & Utilities h

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 9
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/2/2006 8:01:12 PM   
dreamtheatervt

Local8H,

I feel your pain. I haven't played a complete game yet because the PDS isn't where I want it to be at this point. I think you are on the right track though...you've been supportive but I think it's important that a few people stop being "yes men" and let people know patience is starting to wear thin.

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 10
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/2/2006 9:10:32 PM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

dreamtheatervt,

I agree. You know I have been one who has been critical of M-F's bugs and lack of meeting standard, with in the FootBall Gaming* Industry, not even to mention the greater degree of being critical of The Madden NFL and ESPN, the reason I am interjecting. Even though I realize M-F is a more some department/business deal (that I like), not enough programmers (or sold I am told)**, and yet M-F has brought into their game some of the features I wanted before last version and unlimited teams and mixed rules seemed like only a dream before M-F and the degree of customization of logos and team is the best. Utilities are not their yet, though, probably because of bugs M-F has. I also would like to state that I was critical of FBP '98 also (no where near how critical I am of M-F, let alone any one else) more of being critical of very few and specific steps not achieved and not continuing the series.

Thanks to FBP '99 failure causing Sierra to shut it down and leaving a void of FootBall Gaming Industry pushing game, the industry is at least a decade behind FBP series industry standardizing features and utilities. That is the must frustrating think, for me. When I think how much FBP series progressed from first version to third version and I wonder where is M-F jump in progressing from first version**? Hopefully, it will be there in version 4.

*- Anyone else do not feel good about using 'Gaming', when sports gambling world high-jacked the word Gaming?

Respecting/Helping Members Thanks. 'Great White'-Shark-Former HS Coach/College Sports Radio Host. Owner Great Whites FootBall Association-Play/Watch/Name Players. Switch FBP '98 2 Maximum FootBall-Eliminate bugs, FBP '98, Madden NFL '07 & Utilities h

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 11
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/2/2006 11:33:52 PM   
local8h

GWsFBAStartOct292006
Why is it bad parenting when my kids play Madden? First of all Madden 97 to Madden 2000 is my own, 2000 to 2003 is my oldest son who just graduated in the police academy now studying CSI( yes i was in my Teens when he was born from my first wife and yes i took care of him and still lives with me) 2004 to 2007 is my youngest son( which also lives with me) and yes like all young kids they tend to be more into the game play of Terrel Owens(im not a fan of).
Dude i played so many other football game and really love this game of Maximum football,DREAMTHEATERVT is correct i know im not the only one that patience is wearing very thin, but mine to the breakin point.
So GWsFBAStartOct292006 have you played a fully seasoned or better yet more than one season with atleast 30 teams with maximum football?
You know ive been supportive of this game from the beggining, i even unpacked the rest of the stadiums for everyone could enjoy editing,Heck i even build and edit some Stadiums.
So if i took your response the wrong way, Well Im sorry but Life Goes on, so for this PC game,well im just going to take a break from it. Untill the next patch WHICH WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOOOO LOOOONG is released.

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/2/2006 11:44:32 PM >

(in reply to GWsFBAStartOct292006)
Post #: 12
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 12:21:36 AM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

quote:

ORIGINAL: local8h

GWsFBAStartOct292006
Why is it bad parenting when my kids play Madden? First of all Madden 97 to Madden 2000 is my own, 2000 to 2003 is my oldest son who just graduated in the police academy now studying CSI( yes i was in my Teens when he was born from my first wife and yes i took care of him and still lives with me) 2004 to 2007 is my youngest son( which also lives with me) and yes like all young kids they tend to be more into the game play of Terrel Owens(im not a fan of).

You (as a parent) is continueing or maintaining the dummying down of the fans, where if they can come into Madden NFL and NCAA FootBall act like superman (with or with out any players' names) without having to be challenge even a light-year close to what even Miami-Dade County High Schools' coaches/owners are, not to even mention beyond FootBall ills-like work ethic and etc.

1. Play editing, not even to mention cheating/codes,

2. Owns teams is controlled way too much by CPU, where as if The Real Miami Dolphins (my team) wanted to they could negociate (with The NFL) a move to another city. Sure that could take years, but it would happen. Why, because owners have power for it to happen-instead of waiting a period of time/achievements and The Miami Dolphins do not always drawl fans (like I think it should be-force any sports' organization to do everything to win).

Thus players accept that is what is reasonable to expect from FootBall and FootBall Gaming. Perfect example, FIU's CFB Program thieving money to create a Program that will never ever win. No outrage, if was not for angry professors and services being cut to get program more money and me on FIU's Radio Station, it would been just accepted/ignored.

3. Mainpulate a joystick with quick reactions, means very thing and FootBall understand strategy (at the basic level) means nothing.

4. Cheats and etc creates an atmosphere where if you are not winning by 21-points and playing for Superbowls (winning all Superbowls where CPU is opponent) then your need to cheat or drop of playing.

Perfect example, is Madden NFL '2005 playing in league with my couisn and uncle, at their place, he fantasy drafted for offense like mad and had no defense figuring it was just like NCAA FootBall '2005 WR at TE situation. Ounce he achieved a 1-4 record he made trades with all the CPU Franchises (as owner of them) and stoled as many great defensive and offensive players as possible. Turning 1-4 into 3-4, when I got him to change everything back and demanded him foriet the next game, which was interdivisional game (lite punishment if you ask me).

Another Perfect example, in NCAA FootBall changing WRs/HBs into TE position is just one-cheatable situation.

I could go on but I have other work on GW'sFBA and this website to do, and it is getting late. I will just end the list by posting that this is one of the evil factors that creates fans that fall for FootBall Hype by media and leagues, expect teams/Programs/Franchise to at times make moves and achieve the unachieveable. Highly Drafted/expensive FA Players given less than 3-seasons; first-season is getting accustome (sp?) to each other.

So that you do not think I am a hipercrite (sp?), The GW'sFBA will work on these things and many other ills of society and FootBall (before just making a comfortable living for me-the only employee) is

quote:

Dude i played so many other football game and really love this game of Maximum football,DREAMTHEATERVT is correct i know im not the only one that patience is wearing very thin, but mine to the breakin point.
So GWsFBAStartOct292006 have you played a fully seasoned or better yet more than one season with atleast 30 teams with maximum football?You know ive been supportive of this game from the beggining, i even unpacked the rest of the stadiums for everyone could enjoy editing,Heck i even build and edit some Stadiums.

No, after I bought the first-version and it had bugs, it was worth my time. I was just starting to create GW'sFBA and wanted something better than FBP '98. I have been at the breaking point; however, it is better to have FBP '98 and wait for M-F than any version of Madden NFL/NCAA FootBall/Head Coach (biggest insult to anyone who has coached at any level).

quote:

So if i took your response the wrong way, Well Im sorry bad Sunday for me, Chargers lost a game that they should have won but Life Goes on, so for PC game,well im just going to take a break from it. Untill the next patch WHICH WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOOOO LOOOONG.

No, I think you took it right. I picked The Baltimore Ravens; and also depending upon some Franchises making playoffs or not The Baltimore Ravens or The Pittsburgh Steelers are my AFC SuperBowl Representatives losing to The Seattle Seahawks-if they can survive losing 3-OGs since last SB!

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 13
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 12:37:40 AM   
local8h

You (as a parent) is continueing or maintaining the dummying down of the fans, where if they can come into Madden NFL and NCAA FootBall act like superman (with or with out any players' names) without having to be challenge even a light-year close to what even Miami-Dade County High Schools' coaches/owners are, not to even mention beyond FootBall ills-like work ethic and etc.
Dude its a GAME. Its for entertainment,Atleast its not a first person shooter.

Play editing, not even to mention cheating/codes

You can also cheat on Maximum-Football, Editing players skills.

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/3/2006 12:53:38 AM >

Post #: 14
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 12:37:51 AM   
DONMVP

Ithink  this board is getting a little overboard on madden and  fbpro ,  and  ea `s coach . Lets stick to the basics of  this game  and give good advise and helping hands to others . Sick of seeing  someone say something  then have it  pasted in replys on here  . Those who don`t own the game , i can understand you asking questions .  But  don`t rant on and on about how madden and  others have this and that . About  to start a few leagues myself . Had the game since march and been involved more with uniform`s and graphics on  stadiums . So i myself can`t say i`m an expert or big shot here . But i do know at lease when i run into a problem here there our great people who can answera question or to .

Post #: 15
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 12:40:21 AM   
DONMVP

Local8h  sorry to hear about probs  with those access keys . I noticed them on my  leagues to . Think i might take access off my comp . So i don`t have that prob. 

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 16
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 12:40:30 AM   
local8h

THANK YOU DONMVP

It might be because my league.mdb file got to a certain size and locks up, for my smaller mdb files have no problems.

I could duplicate the problem each time.By loading my back up file and play atleast 4 games and the 5th game it locks with different teams and location, if its on the 5th game it locks up.

Oh and yeah i hate them copying and pasting, but i just had to on this one.

< Message edited by local8h -- 10/3/2006 12:58:30 AM >

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 17
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 1:34:55 AM   
grrncore

i must say i do play madden, who doesnt? majority does, i have a bad knee and can not play very well or have skills like the great pros, nor do i want to get a chance of getting seriously hurt playing football. so i buy games to dream of playing like pros.
lets take DONMVP post. lets stick to the basics.

hey local8h good, take a break. how come you have not upload yer viking stadium, can you email it to me then?
DONMVP cant wait for yer stads, 60s theme right? yah put the cheerleaders and the cameras. i edit one stadium, looks funny.

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 18
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 1:36:15 AM   
grrncore

were is emerlee!!! ha ha ha

local8h on the other thread, i know the band you talk about, my big brother gave me a box of cassette tapes years ago, and that band is featured on one of those compilation tapes.

OK I OFFICIALLY HIJACKED THIS THREAD!

< Message edited by grrncore -- 10/3/2006 1:52:21 AM >

FORMER MILLIONAIRE---" i had a million dollars but i spend it all"
---"i really don't care"

(in reply to grrncore)
Post #: 19
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 1:37:30 AM   
Tbird

Have you tried compact and repair

just wonderin

back up your league files before doing so of course

(in reply to grrncore)
Post #: 20
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 1:42:47 AM   
grrncore

quote:

ORIGINAL: grrncore

i must say i do play madden, who doesnt? majority does, i have a bad knee and can not play very well or have skills like the great pros, nor do i want to take a chance of getting seriously hurt playing football. so i buy games to dream of playing like pros.
lets take DONMVP post. lets stick to the basics.

hey local8h good, take a break. how come you have not upload yer viking stadium, can you email it to me then?
DONMVP cant wait for yer stads, 60s theme right? yah put the cheerleaders and the cameras. i edit one stadium, looks funny.

no clue how i did that

< Message edited by grrncore -- 10/3/2006 1:52:01 AM >

---"i really don't care"

(in reply to grrncore)
Post #: 21
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 1:44:08 AM   
GWsFBAStartOct292006

DONMVP,

You actually, can make created stadiums look like the great old fashioned stadiums? If so, that is impressive!

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 22
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 2:17:24 AM   
grrncore

CUT AND PASTE DUDE, ALL THE STADIUMS HAVE BEEN UNPACKED, SOME OF THE USERS HERE LIKE LOCAL8H MADE SOME SIMPLE ADDITIONS.HE ALSO MIXED AND MATCH THE BUILDINGS ITSELF.IF IM CORRECTED IF SOMEONE MAKES A DECENT STADIUM THEY WOULD SELL IT, CHECK IT OUT THROUGH OUT THE NET. THEY ARE NOT CHEAP.THANKS TO TBIRD WHO ACTUALLY MADE A STADIUM OUTSIDE THIS GAME,AND THE CREATIVITY OF DONMVP,LOCAL8H AND MARK1726.

---"i really don't care"

Post #: 23
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 3:09:47 AM   
local8h

Hello Tbird,

Yeah i tried it out but same senerio, you can play 4 games and the next one when simmed it gets stuck on the warning menu after selecting done, and if your playing a visual game pc to pc etc. it gets stuck when team is loading, different games,different teams.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Ive been Bitchy for a while. Maybe i should just wait it out.

(in reply to grrncore)
Post #: 24
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 3:13:44 AM   
local8h

Wait compact and repair? I compressed it under right click properties,advance etc.
not sure what you meant about compact and repair.

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 25
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 3:14:24 AM   
DONMVP

well those 60 stadiums won`t look totally like the real ones . Have added some old ads and put an old scoreboard clock on scoreboards added some ivey in one stadium and more brick work .Done a few changes on scoreboards to .Put some black and white photos instead of color on scoreboards . Thought of putting chain link or barriers instead of some fencing but did`nt look right . These will have more color then what i would have liked .But just a different taste to add to game .

(in reply to grrncore)
Post #: 26
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 3:27:52 AM   
local8h

TBIRD I see what you meant, i just found it

DONMVP Man cant wait till you release em

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 27
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 6:00:44 AM   
local8h

I have Office 2003 if i compact and repair it ask me to convert the file to the version im using for the file was done in Acess 97. When i do convert and compact repair it the game does not recognise it.
I'll just wait it out.
Thank You

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 28
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 8:34:29 AM   
David Winter

I believe if you 'save as' a new database, you're given the option to save it as a Access 97 format. It's either done that way, or via the Tools/Export method.. I forget which exactly. But Office 2k3 does provide the tools to save as an Access97 format file. You may need to just poke around the menu to find the option.

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 29
RE: Any one seen this problem? - 10/3/2006 3:19:29 PM   
Antmeister71

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

I believe if you 'save as' a new database, you're given the option to save it as a Access 97 format. It's either done that way, or via the Tools/Export method.. I forget which exactly. But Office 2k3 does provide the tools to save as an Access97 format file. You may need to just poke around the menu to find the option.

Okay, I remained quiet for some time as I wait for the results of the next patch. However i can't remain quiet on this issue. This is a poor showing in the support section. So instead of taking a look at his database file to see if the problem is at his end or if there is some limitation to the game, you are telling him to just tinker with Microsoft Access until you can find Compact and Repair. What kind of solution is that? Are you assuming that everyone is going to have Microsoft Access? That makes absolutely no sense to me at this moment.

Sure he has an updated version of Access, but for the sake of the people checking out this support section, they shouldn't be expected to solve the problem the same way if they don't have it. In my situation, I try to get as far away from Microsoft products as possible and use many open source applications such and OpenOffice, so this should not be the final solution. I am not going to buy Access to support a game. Please tell me you have another solution to this.

ALMARKS.COM Master Link Directory
http://www.almarks.com/masterlinks/

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Any one seen this problem? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI