Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Psychedelic Palette

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Psychedelic Palette Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Psychedelic Palette - 10/6/2006 10:35:58 PM   
travcrouse

Hey guys,

I've had H3ANW now for almost a week, have worked my way though the tutotrials, and am starting to get my feet wet in small scenarios... Having a blast.

No complaints yet except for a peculiar quirk that has been happening increasingly often. You could call it a 'palette instability'. The game colors will switch from the one I have set (Aegis, Amber, etc.) to a psychedelic palette. It doesn't seem to have a particular 'trigger'.

It changes some of the text colors to the point of unreadability so I save the game and exit H3. Re-loading the game, it comes back fine for 30- 40 min then reverts to Jimmy Hendrix mode... Anyone ever heard of this type of behavior?

I wanted to ask here before I drop a line to tech support...
Post #: 1
RE: Psychedelic Palette - 10/7/2006 5:50:01 AM   
jkruny

Hello,

I have just a couple of questions to help us narrow down the possible problem.

Are you running the game in full screen mode, or in a window?

What resolution is your desktop set at?

Do you have an ATI video card?

Just as a guess, you are probably running in full screen mode, past issues of this type have generally been in this category, and running in a window seems to solve the problem.

But give us some basic hardware and setup info, and we should be able to solve the problem pretty quickly.

< Message edited by jkruny -- 10/7/2006 5:51:10 AM >

Jeff Krump

When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
-Sir Winston Churchill-

(in reply to travcrouse)
Post #: 2
RE: Psychedelic Palette - 10/7/2006 11:42:40 AM   
hermanhum

I have seen the same phenomenon.

Usually, it happens to me when I am running the game in full window mode and then either Alt+Tab to go to another application or the Windows key to drop back down to the desktop. You are correct in saying that re-loading the game will solve the problem. However, this is sometimes awkward and tedious.

When it happens to me, I can sometimes use the Alt+Tab command to go back to the game. Sometimes, if I hold the Alt+Tab keys just bit longer before releasing them, I am able to restore the previous palette colours.

At other times, I am also able to get back into a black window and simply tap the ESC key to restore the original colours. Sorry, I don't have a definitive solution. It never happens to me if I just stay with the game and simply play it from start to finish without ever going to another application.

(in reply to travcrouse)
Post #: 3
RE: Psychedelic Palette - 10/8/2006 5:55:59 AM   
travcrouse

I stopped running the game in full-window mode... No more color diffuculties. Thanks for the help!

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 4
RE: Psychedelic Palette - 10/8/2006 3:26:51 PM   
jkruny

Hey travcrouse,

As a sidelight, when the next patch is released, you will be able to set up a custom size window in the launcher.

Then you can stay in windowed mode, yet use all or as much of your desktop landscape as you choose.

Enjoy!

Jeff Krump

When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Post #: 5
RE: Psychedelic Palette - 10/10/2006 4:33:31 AM   
travcrouse

Slowly getting my sea legs and having a great time...

One quick question:

In the Air Ops window, several of my aircraft have a Loadout as '#x (Ferry), where x is a six digit number. Their Status appears to be a time value, '136:42' for example, the value decreases, but not at a rate comensurate with the game clock. Their Assignment is 'Unassigned'. What is going on with these aircraft? Are they hangar queens? ;-)

Thanks for the help!

(in reply to jkruny)
Post #: 6
RE: Psychedelic Palette - 10/10/2006 4:42:57 AM   
hermanhum

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the game.  

Yes, the planes with long ready times are meant to represent aircraft that are either "Hangar Queens" or just aircraft that will not be available within the scope of the scenario.  Some scenario designers prefer to have them placed in their scenarios even if they will never see action while others do away with any units not actually involved in game play.  It is just a matter of style and taste. 

The 136:42 should represent a delay 136 hours and 42 minutes, IIRC.

(in reply to travcrouse)
Post #: 7
RE: Psychedelic Palette - 10/10/2006 6:10:05 AM   
travcrouse

While I am watching the remaining 'down-time' of valuable air units decrease at a diabolically slow rate, I can remember my days on carriers and sympathize with the CVW Air Staff.

I was a lowly F/A-18 plane-captain and occasionally had to babysit my Hornet with a sketchy Flight Control Computer etc. , while all around me other aircraft got passed off to the yellow-shirts for launch. Something important had to break at the most inoppurtune moments...

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Psychedelic Palette Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI