Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

roster management

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> roster management Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
roster management - 10/7/2006 9:29:28 PM   
guigsy

I am running V1.37 and after about 130 games into my association I noticed the Cubs roster. 16 position players and 9 pitchers. How does this happen? Isn't there AI to have at least 10 pitchers?? If not, shouldn't ther be?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: roster management - 10/7/2006 10:26:48 PM   
Cantankerous

Why should there be a rule disallowing less than 10 pitchers?

There's no rule in baseball that says a team must have 10 pitchers, there's only a rule that you can't have more than 25 total players (at least prior to September roster expansion).

Teams simply carry 10 or more pitchers (at least these days) because it makes sense, and to have less than 10 would make most teams (at least in the modern era) short-handed due to the way pitchers are used.  The AI in this game may have considered that it had 4 relievers that could cover all of the pitching duties that the starters were not able to cover.

If a team had 4 outstanding relievers (and 5 starters)--or even better, a 4-man rotation and 5 quality relievers--there's nothing to stop them from then carrying 16 postition players if they thought such an arrangement was more beneficial to their team.

Perhaps the AI is programmed to think the same way in some instances.

(in reply to guigsy)
Post #: 2
RE: roster management - 10/7/2006 10:59:06 PM   
guigsy

In the modern era of baseball how often do you see teams carry less then 10 pitchers??

(in reply to guigsy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> roster management Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI