Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 9:03:41 PM   
David Heath

Sequel to Award-Winning World at War with Diplomacy, Espionage and Events!

Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and 2by3 Games (www.2by3games.com) are proud to announced the sequel to the acclaimed Gary Grisby’s World at War is now available. As a special promotional offer, owners of the original Gary Grigsby’s World At War can save 35% off the regular price. If you’re a previous owner go to http://www.matrixgames.com/discount/ggwaw-aworlddivided.asp to enable your discount.

David Heath, CEO of Matrix Games said “2by3 Games represents the old school game design and development and once more proves it here. The new features and enhancements provides players with many new levels of game play and strategies.”

This new sequel, Gary Grigsby’s World At War: A World Divided, adds a host of new features to grow the engine well beyond the original game in terms of grand strategy. A World Divided includes spies, neutral country diplomacy, variable political events, unit experience and scenarios that occur after the war as well as starting earlier than the original.

The original game was recently awarded the 2006 Origins Vanguard Unique Game of the Year Award, following an IGN Game of the Year and Editors’ Choice Award. The focus of the series places players at the helm of one of the five major nations during the Second World War. Managing supply lines, production, troop movement, and resources, it has a simple and elegant design with variable levels of difficulty and detail.

Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided takes this design to the next level, adding espionage, code-breaking, variable political events, unit experience and neutral country diplomacy. These changes vastly affect the dynamics of play and add entire new layers to the grand strategy mix of the original. Players will have to learn to be more flexible with their tactics, facing more important decisions on these new fronts.

In addition to the new features in Gary Grigsby’s World At War: A World Divided is a completely new ‘what-if’ scenario that carries forward from the end of the war into a conflict between the Western Allies and the Soviet Union. Russia’s massive and experienced army is up against the West’s well equipped forces and industrial might. In addition to simply starting with this scenario, players have the option to jump right from the end of their normal campaign game of WWII into this alternate history. This creates a whole new set of strategic choices as players will have to think into the future and plan for their war against the other super-power while still fending off the Axis forces.

The overall ease of play is retained in Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided. The game ships with four tutorials, three campaigns, and five different scenarios starting from 1939 and the invasion of Poland and extending into the mid 1940s.

Post #: 1
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 9:16:23 PM   
timtellean1

Now if only the work day would end so I can go home and play!!!
Oh wait I'm a government employee.
See ya...........

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 9:25:51 PM   
daniel123

it's not yet in the store.  soon i hope.

(in reply to timtellean1)
Post #: 3
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 9:37:06 PM   
timtellean1

store? digital download. playing shortly.
Okay, Okay so I'm excited and waiting for all parties to the blasted game up for download or is that down for upload :)

< Message edited by tim plum -- 10/20/2006 9:40:01 PM >

(in reply to daniel123)
Post #: 4
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 9:52:44 PM   
daniel123

i will soon conquer the world !!!!!!!!!!!! 

< Message edited by daniel123 -- 10/20/2006 9:54:45 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 9:53:51 PM   
oi_you_nutter

i have a 35% discount code and a credit card.... let me at 'em !!

Post #: 6
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 9:54:46 PM   
daniel123

it's great that they are giving a discount to orginal buyers

< Message edited by daniel123 -- 10/20/2006 9:56:25 PM >

(in reply to oi_you_nutter)
Post #: 7
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 10:00:08 PM   
christian brown

I´ll be happy to start PBEMS right now against the first 2 takers, one allied, one axis, FoW, advanced supply and all the usual.  PM me with your address for my axis opener.
Joel! Time for an opponents wanted thread!  Congrats!

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to daniel123)
Post #: 8
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 10:03:17 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: christian brown

Time for an opponents wanted thread! 

We should have one soon.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 10/20/2006 10:05:00 PM >

(in reply to christian brown)
Post #: 9
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 10:13:19 PM   
toddtreadway

Where do we get the discount codes?

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 10
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 10:23:05 PM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

Where do we get the discount codes?

This was in the release announcement:

As a special promotional offer, owners of the original Gary Grigsby’s World At War can save 35% off the regular price. If you’re a previous owner go to http://www.matrixgames.com/discount/ggwaw-aworlddivided.asp to enable your discount.

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 11
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 10:42:30 PM   
WanderingHead

Any hints on how one might purchase this game as a gift?

Can I pay with credit card to enable someone else to download?

For that matter, can I use my GGWAW discount to purchase the game for someone else, or will I need to get his GGWAW registration information to do that?

Post #: 12
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 10:51:10 PM   
Joel Billings

Each GGWaW registration number may be used once to get a discount coupon. So you can use your own if you like (but only once), or get the reg number from your friend.

I don't remember how the download process works as to whether you can send the download info to your friend or if the download happens immediately. Can someone else help out with an answer on this?

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 10/20/2006 10:56:59 PM >

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 13
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 11:15:10 PM   
daniel123

i have my number.  now get this game in the store.

Post #: 14
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 11:36:56 PM   
Joel Billings

It's in the store now.

(in reply to daniel123)
Post #: 15
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/20/2006 11:58:55 PM   
daniel123

i do not see the link for purchasing the game yet

Post #: 16
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 12:00:16 AM   
lvaces

Runs to store, madly waving money in fist.  Stop, looks around.  Searches very carefully ... no "A World Divided" anywhere in sight.  Whole body slumps and trudges off. 

Joel, you are such a tease. 

Post #: 17
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 12:04:27 AM   
tgb

I was all set but there was a problem with my credit card. I log off, call the bank, come back - now it's gone. What gives?

(in reply to lvaces)
Post #: 18
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 12:14:09 AM   
Joel Billings

I must admit, I've seen it come and go (at least the main item listed on the right of the store showing recent releases). The one time I didn't see it in the US store I clicked on WWII and it was listed there. I was able to add it to my cart so I figured it was ready to go. I can't explain why it is going in and out. When I tried it now, I can't get it in the store at all but I see it in the UK and Europe stores. I'm sure Matrix will sort this out before too long. There may be a glitch of some kind with the store.

Just checked again and as of 2:30 PM California time I see it in the US store.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 10/21/2006 12:35:06 AM >

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 19
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 12:38:14 AM   
tgb

It's back. Downloading now

Post #: 20
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 1:26:28 AM   
Tom Grosv

I can report that one Brit is excitedly downloading right now- currently 12%.  Very much enjoyed WAW - and that was only against the computer.  Very much looking forward to this update and determined this time to take on real people via PBEM.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 21
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 1:30:49 AM   
welk

Please, try to go fast in work and send us the game in European stores (international version) !!! I'm impatient to mod this second game !

(in reply to Tom Grosv)
Post #: 22
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 2:45:08 AM   
Erik Rutins

It should be showing up in all stores, it was for me earlier this afternoon once the store cache cleared.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to welk)
Post #: 23
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 9:02:52 AM   
galaril

I bought the game but like a moron I didn't write down the serial number .How can I get this number? I was surprised I didn't recieve an email with it?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 24
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 9:59:45 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi,

Please go to www.findmyorder.com, you'll be able to retrieve it there. Also, we do send an e-mail out so you may want to check to see if it got stuck in your spam filters.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 25
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 4:53:01 PM   
sapper_astro

Uh, Since I bought GGWAW in Australia...which country is that now part of for the 35% reduction? Europe or USA?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 26
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 5:36:10 PM   
Franky513

I also just downloaded it with the 35% discount.

(in reply to sapper_astro)
Post #: 27
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 6:41:34 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Klein

I also just downloaded it with the 35% discount.

Can you explain in idiot friendly terms exactly how you did it. I'm not having a lot of luck figuring how or where to use my serial number.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Franky513)
Post #: 28
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 7:24:23 PM   
taubs

When will this be in stores? i tried to digital download but every time i try to go to e-store the page times out its been like this for weeks.

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 29
RE: Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released - 10/21/2006 7:39:03 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Grrrr I even get the wife's permission on this too.

I finally mastered the process of how to end up with my promo code.

I fill in all my info, go through all the processing, last possible step is reached, I get a window wanting one more layer of verification of my credit card, and it won't accept my details for love of money.

On the third refusal of my card code and postal code it informs me "Sorry Les your card is now locked, please contact your card service to get it unlocked.
Well I did, and according to them, it isn't locked.

Is there a fly in YOUR programming is what I am wondering currently.

Well, I'm off to try again.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to taubs)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided Released Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI