Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Marshall- can u tell me......

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Marshall- can u tell me...... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Marshall- can u tell me...... - 10/26/2006 6:49:56 AM   
Michael T

the PBEM sequence of play? please......I would have thought this might be more than a passing interest for a game that will surely be played that way by many people??? If this aspect has already been divulged please forgive my ignorance.
Post #: 1
RE: Marshall- can u tell me...... - 10/26/2006 2:42:13 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Krak:

Certainly!

Today, nation bidding is done out of the game BUT you can enter the bid results into EiANW. Each game is started by the host. The host can have admin powers if the players so agree. These admin powers will allow the host to let the AI play someone's turn in case their on vacation, change a player out altogether or just change an email address.

When the host has entered the players and set the game options then begins the game, a game start file will be created which he then emails to all other players.

The clients will select join PBEM game and select the game start file to load. When they load the game start file they will be prompted to give their email address then they will be matched with their nation.

Now the game will goto the main play screen where you can play. When at the main play screen and it is not your turn then you will be in view mode (Cannot really do anything but scroll, scan, look at units, etc). If it is your turn then you can play the appropriate phase then hit the end turn button which will create a turn file that is to be sent to all other players thus switching you to view mode and passing control to the next player in the sequence.

In the land phase when you load a player's turn, you can rewind and play his/her moves several times to see the players moves.

Combats are a little different. You have the option of streamlining combat by allowing the PC to play your opponent in combat OR going into combat with another PBEM player allowing several file exchanges between players until the battle is done. By default, we're allowing the PC to control sides with one corps in field battles, naval combats and sieges. This allowed the same to speed up GREATLY since it minimized file exchanges when attacking minors. This has really been improved through our playtesting and their ideas!

This process keeps going until someone wins!

Hope this helps?

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 2
RE: Marshall- can u tell me...... - 10/26/2006 11:58:27 PM   
Michael T

Thanks Marshall. This game is going to be so cool!!

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
RE: Marshall- can u tell me...... - 10/27/2006 6:01:02 PM   
mattbirra

I am looking foward PBEM game!!

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 4
RE: Marshall- can u tell me...... - 10/27/2006 10:39:54 PM   
Frank McNally

While in the view only mode, can you do things like enter your planned builds? 

(in reply to mattbirra)
Post #: 5
RE: Marshall- can u tell me...... - 10/29/2006 6:28:14 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Frank:

Long answer ... no.
The game is not recording any actions until your slot in the current phase comes into play.

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Frank McNally)
Post #: 6
RE: Marshall- can u tell me...... - 10/29/2006 7:10:30 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank McNally

While in the view only mode, can you do things like enter your planned builds?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Frank:

Long answer ... no.
The game is not recording any actions until your slot in the current phase comes into play.

Thank you

No . . . but we’re working on Marshall to include an in-game notepad so that a player can remember to perform certain tasks when their turn comes up and to have the program prompt the player before exiting that turn (e.g. buy artillery counter for reinforcements due during the next quarter). Post-its on my forehead don’t even work anymore.

Richard

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Marshall- can u tell me...... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI