Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar - 10/30/2006 3:17:13 AM   
Walloc

I understand the intention of the rule regarding ac attack from Gibraltar towards Spain, as that it shouldnt be possible, but that you should be able to attack Gibraltar from Spain.

I found though that if u fail an attack from Spain on Gibraltar all ur surviving units are damaged for being unable to retreat over water, as an side effect of the arrow limiting the attack the other way.
My logic tells me that if u can attack over and land patch you should be able to retreat too.
Is this an bug / unintended side effect or working as intended?

Kind Regards,

Rasmus
Post #: 1
RE: Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar - 10/30/2006 8:27:13 AM   
JanSorensen

Hi Rasmus,

I would say thats somewhere between unintended and a bug. Consider it passed on to be looked into for next patch (no promised though).
Thanks for bringing this up.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 2
RE: Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar - 10/30/2006 5:56:50 PM   
Twotribes

Yup, I would assume it just never happened to get tested. the game is simply following known program routines.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
RE: Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar - 11/4/2006 10:27:25 AM   
kamikazininja

DC 11/4

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar - 11/5/2006 7:41:37 PM   
lkendter

quote:

ORIGINAL: kamikazininja

DC 11/4

What are all these post about? I have seen you do this in multiple threads. It makes no sense to me.

(in reply to kamikazininja)
Post #: 5
RE: Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar - 11/5/2006 7:47:25 PM   
GKar

Yep, fully agreed. 

(in reply to lkendter)
Post #: 6
RE: Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar - 11/5/2006 10:05:56 PM   
Joel Billings

D/C stands for Data Collected (as of the date listed) and is Dan's way of noting what he has already looked at in the thread. Dan has taken over from Sean as the keeper of our task/bug list. We use the Data Collected note in the tester forum and I guess he wanted to use the same in the public forum. He's updating the list so we know what we have to work on for the next patch. I'll ask him to put a note in the public forum if an item is added to the list so it's more clear. Adding to the list doesn't mean it will get done at any particular time, but it makes sure that we are aware of the issue and if it's important we'll be sure to deal with it.

(in reply to lkendter)
Post #: 7
RE: Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar - 11/6/2006 1:44:26 AM   
kamikazininja

Yes what Joel said. Sorry I would have been more explicit about it but it was late at night. I was trying to collect bugs but quite a few bug threads have been threadjacked with quasi-related bugs and I was having trouble differentiating what I had looked at and what I had not. Ill have to develop something more obvious to use in such situations. Perhaps just writing out the full sentance :P

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 8
RE: Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar - 11/6/2006 2:12:18 AM   
Protagonist

Well, the only DC thread I saw contained the text 'DC 11/5' and I saw that the same guy posted on multiple threads. It happens to be November 5th today. November 5th happens to be Guy Fawkes Day. Saddam Hussein happened to be convicted today. DC could stand for Washington, D.C.. There was that weird Superbowl threat posted on an obscure board. That happened to be a hoax though.

Then I thought... who would post a threat on this board, hoax or otherwise? Glad to see it is wholly not a threat of any kind though. Just a coincidence and says more about the human mind's ability to see patterns.

(in reply to kamikazininja)
Post #: 9
RE: Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar - 11/6/2006 3:10:16 AM   
kamikazininja

Hah no threat. Just me being tired and not thinking that no one would really understood what it meant.

(in reply to Protagonist)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Retreat back into Spain from an attack on Gibraltar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI