Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New wargame : Company Of heroes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> New wargame : Company Of heroes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New wargame : Company Of heroes - 10/30/2006 3:01:42 PM   
super_newbie_pro

Hi all.

Who have this new wargame on second world War ; Company of heroes ?

You can see video on my website clan here : http://perso.orange.fr/rommel/coh_videos.html

But this game have an problem : the gameplay is as an Tactical game ; you can't use more 120 truppen. That's why we would like develop a MOD to modify this "tactical wargame" in Real "strategical Wargame" as others games "blitzkrieg", "Sudden strike" etc...

You can find our post in Relic company forum for this mod here : http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=114610 and the french forum where we work on this mod (we have never develop mod, we learn, its very hard) here : http://forum.companyofheroes-fr.com/viewtopic.php?t=20

++
Post #: 1
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 10/30/2006 3:14:05 PM   
Sarge

"Wargame"...............

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sarge -- 10/30/2006 3:21:58 PM >

(in reply to super_newbie_pro)
Post #: 2
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 10/30/2006 3:25:55 PM   
U2

My brother bought it last week and is having a blast with it

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 3
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 10/30/2006 4:18:06 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I'd like his post more, if he wasn't so excited by that worthless Blitzkrieg excrement hehe.

I don't think his native tongue is english though, so I'll cut him some slack on this quote "Real "strategical Wargame""

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to U2)
Post #: 4
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 10/30/2006 4:29:51 PM   
Terminus

Certainly not a "strategic wargame"... Enjoyable, though, but not long-lived. I played it, completed it, and uninstalled it...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 5
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 10/30/2006 6:22:21 PM   
ShermanM4

Look at that. A French kid kicken' someones trash with what looks like the Wehermachts finest. Anybody ever read that book about that guy Guy Sajer?

"Perserverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages."

~General George Washington

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 6
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/1/2006 6:17:50 AM   
****Sabot

****Shame on you crabby bastards. The Frog said he knows its unrealistic and he wants to mod it. So you gangrape the game (and him) instead of encouraging the development of the game towards more realistic play. You call yourselves Grogs? Bah. Please dont sink to Battlefront's level. Please.

****Well, gentlemen, I have modded another flashbanging clickfest of a game called "Codename Panzers" into a more "realistic" wargame. Before you try to talk trash to me about games you know nothing about, I invite you to my gaming website. www.coffinpilots.com

****With the looming failure of Theatre of War, modding these new "gamey" RTS titles may be our best bet yet. Oh, and BTW, EA games is producing the third installment of Codename Panzers. So Im not the only one in the world who sees potential in the series. I expect they'll throw a lot more money into it than I can, however! ;)

****So get on the train, Grogs, or get out of the way. Time marches on, and the search for the Grail must continue.

****And to Matrix Games: My most sincere congratulations on the acquisition of the Close Combat games. Its great news! Im looking forward to the releases. Long Live the King!!!

LJ

(in reply to ShermanM4)
Post #: 7
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/1/2006 6:53:01 AM   
rhondabrwn

quote:

ORIGINAL: ****Sabot

****Shame on you crabby bastards. The Frog said he knows its unrealistic and he wants to mod it. So you gangrape the game (and him) instead of encouraging the development of the game towards more realistic play. You call yourselves Grogs? Bah. Please dont sink to Battlefront's level. Please.

****Well, gentlemen, I have modded another flashbanging clickfest of a game called "Codename Panzers" into a more "realistic" wargame. Before you try to talk trash to me about games you know nothing about, I invite you to my gaming website. www.coffinpilots.com

****With the looming failure of Theatre of War, modding these new "gamey" RTS titles may be our best bet yet. Oh, and BTW, EA games is producing the third installment of Codename Panzers. So Im not the only one in the world who sees potential in the series. I expect they'll throw a lot more money into it than I can, however! ;)

****So get on the train, Grogs, or get out of the way. Time marches on, and the search for the Grail must continue.

****And to Matrix Games: My most sincere congratulations on the acquisition of the Close Combat games. Its great news! Im looking forward to the releases. Long Live the King!!!

LJ

You've got some good analysis on your website. Thanks for posting the link.

Glad to have you with us. Interesting first post... will there be a 2nd?

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to ****Sabot)
Post #: 8
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/1/2006 11:12:14 AM   
Fred98

Sabot is from the Close Combat side of wargaming. He is a grog wargamer.

He has been around for as long as Milk

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 9
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/1/2006 2:24:29 PM   
Terminus

I don't care how long he's been around... Doesn't give him the right to claim that we "gangraped" the initial post; who the h*ll does he think he is?

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 10
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/1/2006 2:38:40 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: ****Sabot

LJ

Heluuuuu, good to see you here

(in reply to ****Sabot)
Post #: 11
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/1/2006 2:58:14 PM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I don't care how long he's been around... Doesn't give him the right to claim that we "gangraped" the initial post; who the h*ll does he think he is?

He’s a clown , he has been pretty much banished from every forum out there.

< Message edited by Sarge -- 11/2/2006 2:40:36 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 12
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/1/2006 3:00:03 PM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

You've got some good analysis on your website. Thanks for posting the link.

Glad to have you with us. Interesting first post... will there be a 2nd?

Careful what you ask for !

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 13
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/1/2006 4:00:18 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Same person (initial poster) posted the exact same post as an initial post over at Wargamer.

Granted, everyone needs an initial post, but, no one needs spam, least of all either of the two forums.

If these individuals are well established elsewhere, why not make it known they are those well established individuals?

Either way, the world is already full of fake accounts propping up games. I've seen the game in question though. And it isn't worthy of an endless stream of praise. It's an ok game at best. It has some aspects that might apeal to some gamers.

Can't support the Battlefront comparison slag though. Only BF and their forum, acts like them.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 14
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/1/2006 9:09:43 PM   
ravinhood

I bet if you took a survey/research on the life longevity of a turn based player vs an rts player. The turn based players would live longer. ;) Less stress means longer life.

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 15
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/2/2006 4:24:53 AM   
****Sabot

**** "Sarge"...It creeps me out that you have such a picture of me on your nightstand. You seem to know a lot about me, but I dont know you. Want an autograph? "Oh, Hes bad... Hes banned on every forum... He should NOT be here when our Mother is out!". At ease, little fish, before you get "clowned".

****Marc...Joe98...great to see you also. The old crew is fragmented throught the web nowadays...

****Rhonda...Thanks...The website is being updated frequently now, with many more additions coming. Check out "The Jameson Collection" for some personal war-related pictures (Much better than the one "Sarge" is flashing about).

****Im not here to start trouble. The CCvs CM wars are over. Some folks at BF cant get over it...so thats why Im banned there. Please excuse the tone of my previous post. I mearly was trying to say that Grogs need to keep a more open mind in regards to these flashbanging games and the modding of them towards more "realistic' play.

****CoH is what it is: Starcraft1945 for 2006. Is that a bad thing? They are selling like hotcakes..."Game of the Year" and all...If you dont like building/resource management games, then its not for you. If you long for the successor to CC/CM...keep waiting.

lj

< Message edited by ****Sabot -- 11/2/2006 4:29:57 AM >

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 16
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/2/2006 4:40:53 AM   
Reiryc

What's this?  A nice cleaner sabot?  Say it isn't so...

(in reply to ****Sabot)
Post #: 17
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/2/2006 4:56:04 AM   
Sarge

Give him a week

(in reply to Reiryc)
Post #: 18
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/2/2006 2:01:26 PM   
****Sabot

****Hey, gimme a break..Im making an effort here.....

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 19
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/2/2006 4:06:00 PM   
VicKevlar

And to think I just start to dig around in my pile of cds again for your Kursk mod.

Time to update your website you dumbass tanker!

http://www.geocities.com/m829sabot/

The infantry doesn't change. We're the only arm of the military where the weapon is the man himself.

C. T. Shortis

(in reply to ****Sabot)
Post #: 20
RE: New wargame : Company Of heroes - 11/3/2006 1:02:02 AM   
****Sabot

****Vic...I have a way better and newer Kursk mod. But its for Codename Panzers2. You can check out some of the skins for it here:     http://www.coffinpilots.com/cp_pics.htm

and an early AAR for it here:  http://www.coffinpilots.com/Kursk_Mod.htm

****Its really sumtink ...75+ added skins, multiskins per unit every map, Classical/heavymetal music, 4 massive (100 units+ ea) scripted SP scenarios: Cherkasskoye (panther debut, GrossDeutclnd), Ponyri Staion *2* (Ferdinands), and Prohorovka with EVERY operational Tiger from 1st and 2nd SS  and Wittmann represented on the field at the same time.

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/m829sabot/wittmann2.jpg[/IMG]

****Yeah, my old site! "Conan...what is best in life..." Ha! I was off the internet for several years, you know. Its still up! All the stuff is outdated, but I plan on trying to save the downloads and such from there and archive them at my new site. CC has advanced so much since those days...dont they have a Kursk for CC5?

LJ

(in reply to VicKevlar)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> New wargame : Company Of heroes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI