Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario 2 Fix (Beta)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario 2 Fix (Beta) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario 2 Fix (Beta) - 11/3/2006 3:00:56 PM   
pry

Scenario 2 players

Your help is needed in testing the fix for the British Withdraw and Canton Garrison Issues in this scenario.

Added 150 IJN infantry squads to the static Canton base force, this should stop the Partisan routine from killing off Japanese supplies based there when the 3 Japanese regiments move into Hong Kong.

Thru a bit of editor hocus pocus you should now be able to withdraw British ships from Trimcomalee
(In Theroy anyway)

Added Exeter to start at Trimcomalee, this is temporary I'll have her arrive as a reinforcement at the correct time as I clean up some of the other reinforcement issues in this scenario but for now I need help to determine if the 2 major issues work as they are supposed to...

You can download this scenario, renamed scenario 22 so that it does not over write your stock scenario 2 files from the following.

http://www.prycom.net/witp/scenario2fix.zip

Please post results here so that I can make adjustments as needed based on reports...

Thanks
Pry

< Message edited by pry -- 11/3/2006 3:05:10 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Scenario 2 Fix (Beta) - 11/3/2006 7:01:03 PM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: pry

Scenario 2 players

Your help is needed in testing the fix for the British Withdraw and Canton Garrison Issues in this scenario.

Added 150 IJN infantry squads to the static Canton base force, this should stop the Partisan routine from killing off Japanese supplies based there when the 3 Japanese regiments move into Hong Kong.

Thru a bit of editor hocus pocus you should now be able to withdraw British ships from Trimcomalee
(In Theroy anyway)

Added Exeter to start at Trimcomalee, this is temporary I'll have her arrive as a reinforcement at the correct time as I clean up some of the other reinforcement issues in this scenario but for now I need help to determine if the 2 major issues work as they are supposed to...

You can download this scenario, renamed scenario 22 so that it does not over write your stock scenario 2 files from the following.

Please post results here so that I can make adjustments as needed based on reports...

Thanks
Pry

Not sure what you mean by British Withdraw in a small map scenario with no production and score damage ships is on. Never got to a point in the scenario that required the removal of some British ships however see below what I did find.

Allies first column is grayed out reads "return to" second column grayed out regardless where tf is located reads "return to (whatever base it was created at)". The Japanese neither column grayed out 1st reads "return to Osaka/Kobe" however it doen't work probably because score damage ships is on, 2nd column reads "return to (whatever base it was created at)". As for Canton do you need a garrison? I didn't see a garison requirement, btw it worked fine. Not sure if it would work but I was thinking of adding another IJA infantry
type to my mini-mod that has little or no firepower for just such purposes in full map scenarios with production.

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to pry)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario 2 Fix (Beta) - 11/4/2006 11:12:44 AM   
BigJ62

quote:

ORIGINAL: pry

Scenario 2 players

(In Theroy anyway)

Thanks
Pry

I probably should clarify my previous post, I've never played this scenario so I am unaware of any previous troubles concerning this scenario. Anyway this is what I did to get it to work I turned off score damage ships and removed the blank base 476, now all buttons work like they're supposed to except for the Japanese TFs which I've noticed this in other small scenarios, is that the 1st column reads "return to Osaka/Kobe" where as the Allies it reads "return to [main base]". But other than that the return to buttons for TFs and disbanded ships works fine. What I might do is go back and see if my idea about a special made weak IJA Inf Squad(s) will work. Why do you suppose the Japanese TF return to [main base] button works differently than the Allies?

Witp-AE

(in reply to pry)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario 2 Fix (Beta) - 11/4/2006 12:29:45 PM   
BigJ62

Ok went and put in a weak IJA inf sqd(150 for lcu 1204) : Anti-Armor 5, Anti-Soft 12, Load Cost 12. It worked fine, no loss of supplies or damage to facilities through 6 turns and the withdrawal of ships for both the Japanese and British(from Trimcomalee) are scheduled to arrive on time so, everything looks good as far as those two items.

< Message edited by BigJ62 -- 11/4/2006 12:32:59 PM >

Witp-AE

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario 2 Fix (Beta) - 11/4/2006 7:43:21 PM   
spence

Thanks Pry - I have played this before (once PBEM) and in each game ended up with no Political Points during March because a withdrawal was ordered in February which I could not fulfill.  I did just fine playing the AI but when I tried it PBEM my opp basically hunted down every single ship I had with KB and sank them.  As I recall that ability tipped the score from just over the marginal victory level to decisive victory.  It was a hard fought and enjoyable game up to the very last turns.  Particularly disgusting when the BB I was supposed to withdraw but couldn't got sunk.

I suppose some kind of house rule could be made to prevent this but as an alternative perhaps the Allied Player could have the option to withdraw ANY ships from Tricomalee (to off map permanently) to prevent the IJN Player getting this "bonus" of victory points.  KB kinda has nothing much to do other than hunt down everything afloat...once ashore Jap landing forces aren't very likely to have too much trouble with Allied ground forces which requires KBs support.

Mike Dixon and I did an AAR on our Rising Sun game (ended back in March or April 06) but it appears to have disappeared from the AAR Section...don't know if it is retrievable but if you're interested maybe you can find it.  OOPS...it was only a partial AAR (from Jan 42 on called "Odds Anyone?) but it does have entries from the endgame.

< Message edited by spence -- 11/4/2006 8:05:32 PM >

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario 2 Fix (Beta) - 11/4/2006 11:55:42 PM   
BigJ62

Pry I will be playing your scenario to the end, I'm using 3 day turns and I'm almost through December and the only thing of note is that two weeks into the scenario the Japanese TF return to buttons became enabled of course the first one points to an inactive offmap base. With the Allies none of their return to buttons are working and no option for disbanded ships either which their shouldn't be.

No problems with Canton so far

Question, if the British Withdraw option is in effect shouldn't their be a line in the Intel screen indicating this, because I don't see anything?

Witp-AE

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 6
RE: Scenario 2 Fix (Beta) - 11/11/2006 7:30:06 PM   
spence

quote:

Trying out the NEW Scenario 2 as Allied vs AI

Noticed that some AKs, etc that start in Tricomalee in the Stock Scen 2 are not there at start in the revised one.

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 7
RE: Scenario 2 Fix (Beta) - 11/15/2006 3:49:58 PM   
spence

This is kinda weird but you can not form multiple PT TFs at the same port on the same turn: I like to operate the PTs in 2 boat sections but if, for example, I form 3 PT TFs in Manila on turn and deploy them to different bases around the Philippines during my move (change homeport and give different destinations) they all end up in 1 6 boat TF at one port on the next turn. Same thing happens with the Dutch MTBs. I haven't played all the scenarios but this certainly doesn't happen in Stock 15 nor as far as I can remember in the other ones I messed around with.

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario 2 Fix (Beta) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI