Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Concerned

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Concerned Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Concerned - 11/3/2006 4:29:24 PM   
jfgrauer

I'm concerned about Shaun. I know he is going through some personal issues, but his lack of posts to the forum is alarming. Since October 1st, he has made a total of only ten posts, which includes only two since October 12th. He last posted October 26th. His dedication to the game as well as his superior customer service is well known and documented over the years. He must be facing some serious issues to seemingly (at least temporarily) abandon development of the game and cease posting to the forum. Does anyone have any information on his status?
Post #: 1
RE: Concerned - 11/3/2006 8:42:02 PM   
SirWolf1960

I have no information. The only thing I can tell you is I am concerned enough that I have begun to pray for him. I would urge any of you who believe in prayer to do the same.

Steve

(in reply to jfgrauer)
Post #: 2
RE: Concerned - 11/3/2006 11:34:17 PM   
Amaroq

I haven't heard from him off-forum, no.

Hoping he's doing well, but I can utterly empathise with him.

As some of you know, but the newcomers may not, Shaun has a full-time job beyond PureSim, a stressful one which can go well over forty hours in a week. Add to that raising a family, and I'm already amazed he has as much time as he has had to develop PureSim these past five years!

I'm sure if something serious has come up either for him or a member of his family, and considering we're off-season, PureSim is the thing he'd "drop"; I'm also certain he'll be back.

I'd say "Who knows, maybe he just has his head down working on '08" with a wink-smiley, but I know Shaun too well to think he'd have done without releasing the final official release patch for '07.

Shaun, our love and best wishes for you and yours - I hope things turn out well.

(in reply to SirWolf1960)
Post #: 3
RE: Concerned - 11/4/2006 1:04:38 AM   
Beach23BoyP

Surely he's OK.  We all need a break now and then!

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 4
RE: Concerned - 11/4/2006 1:40:30 AM   
KG Erwin

Yeah -- I think we'll be hearing some news from him soon.

(in reply to Beach23BoyP)
Post #: 5
RE: Concerned - 11/4/2006 5:24:17 AM   
puresimmer

Sorry guys, I have had a few personal things to deal with, and an amazingly heavy speaking/travel schedule for work. I have a few days to breathe this weekend and will likely just be chilling with my sons, and hopefully blowing the dust off a PureSim update I meant to release a month ago. Then, I'm off to London next week.

I expect everything to get back to "normal" in December, and we'll go from there.

Apologies on the lack of updates.

Shaun

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 6
RE: Concerned - 11/4/2006 6:20:15 AM   
sposfan

No worries Shaun, just glad everything's alright!

< Message edited by sposfan -- 11/4/2006 5:50:16 PM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 7
RE: Concerned - 11/4/2006 5:31:05 PM   
Beach23BoyP

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Sorry guys, I have had a few personal things to deal with, and an amazingly heavy speaking/travel schedule for work. I have a few days to breathe this weekend and will likely just be chilling with my sons, and hopefully blowing the dust off a PureSim update I meant to release a month ago. Then, I'm off to London next week.

I expect everything to get back to "normal" in December, and we'll go from there.

Apologies on the lack of updates.

Shaun

I think it is best to get totally away for awhile. 1.38 is working well for me. BTW, my problem has been the same the last 6 months or so -- too much real work, and not enough sim time!

Plus, I had to give OOTP2006 and FM2007 some attention. Coming back to PS has been a great joy. Also, finally "completely" taking the "fantasy player" plunge and accepting the animated ball flight / sounds (and now enjoying them) has been good for me.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 8
RE: Concerned - 11/5/2006 3:10:21 AM   
VanScoy

Great news... Take your time with everything. We just wanted to make sure you were ok!

(in reply to sposfan)
Post #: 9
RE: Concerned - 11/6/2006 6:38:04 PM   
Amaroq

Glad to hear you're all right.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Concerned Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI